Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Washington Nationals: Wash, Rinse, Repeat

@DCGoldPants

34 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

feels like we got one more season before it completely craters

I think this is our last chance, unless Kieboom, Soto, Fedde, Romero make some significant jumps.

I'm increasingly sure Rizzo leaves. If they hire Martinez to a 2 year deal, and no extension for Rizzo, slam that door shut.

23 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I think this is our last chance, unless Kieboom, Soto, Fedde, Romero make some significant jumps.

I'm increasingly sure Rizzo leaves. If they hire Martinez to a 2 year deal, and no extension for Rizzo, slam that door shut.

I see a much deeper quality farm system that will keep them competing for a number of years. A lot depends on health, free agents kept/signed/lost, drafting well, and what else happens in the division.

All those names listed. Really don't expect to see them until the end of next year or start of '19. Maybe Fedde if has a strong spring. 

6 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I see a much deeper quality farm system that will keep them competing for a number of years. A lot depends on health, free agents kept/signed/lost, drafting well, and what else happens in the division.

All those names listed. Really don't expect to see them until the end of next year or start of '19. Maybe Fedde if has a strong spring. 

We have some kids in the pipeline--but nothing compared to what Philly and Atlanta have (pending the sanctions they are going to receive). Keeping Rizzo is paramount. I love the top of our system--especially Robles and Soto. We just don't have a lot of depth right now.

1 minute ago, StillUnknown said:

We seem to be especially thin at pitcher

Romero flashed some of the talent that scouts thought he had, but beyond him, its slim pickings

I think that's the a reason Rizzo went with 98% pitching this year. I also like our 2nd round pick Wil Crowe.

From what I hear the Yankees didn't want to pay him. ****ing odd that a baseball team that pays 200M to its roster doesn't want to pay a coach 5 or 6 Million but I guess the Nats are the same way so maybe you guys aren't buying enough hot dogs and Budweiser.

From what I've heard, Girardi seems to be leaning towards taking a year off. I'd prefer to go in a different direction then if that's the case. Would rather get someone who really wants to manage and wouldn't just be doing it because they were offered an absurd amount of money.

12 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Gives off a very Matt Williams type vibe to me..

Personality wise I mean. Just seems like a stubborn ass.

Still won a world series and been keeping a Yankees team in transition overachieving.  If we are really going all in, I'd like to at least schedule an interview.

40 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

From what I've heard, Girardi seems to be leaning towards taking a year off. I'd prefer to go in a different direction then if that's the case. Would rather get someone who really wants to manage and wouldn't just be doing it because they were offered an absurd amount of money.

Curious where you saw that? I haven't seen anything like that reported on twitter...and I'm REALLY bored at work so I've been on it all morning. Post the link? Thank you, kind sir!

Archived