Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Washington Nationals: Wash, Rinse, Repeat

@DCGoldPants

I can't be sure of anything, but this is the best roster we've had as a franchise. Absolutely we are a strong playoff favorite in this division regardless of who our manager is. 

Who will that man be? We have a young lineup that will only be getting younger once Murphy and Zimmerman are out. It's time to think young and out of the box. Dusty may be the right choice for this team at the moment, but in a year or two I'm not sure that would have been the case. 

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

The part no one is talking about: Mike Rizzo's contract is up after next year. Will he be back? This situation, if the reports are true about the Lerners over ruling him, puts that is some serious doubt.

already mentally prepared myself for that day

he gone

1 minute ago, StillUnknown said:

already mentally prepared myself for that day

he gone

Yep. If we lose Rizzo, get ready for this team to go through some doldrums. He's done a terrific job. Next year, we could lose Rizzo, Murphy, and Harper; followed by Stras and Rendon the next. 

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

Yep. If we lose Rizzo, get ready for this team to go through some doldrums. He's done a terrific job. Next year, we could lose Rizzo, Murphy, and Harper; followed by Stras and Rendon the next. 

speaking of Murphy

microfracture is never good right?

People laugh (mostly obtuse jackass and endless windbags Feinstein and Loverro) at the relationship the Nationals have with Scott Boras--but if represents the best players, and the best managerial candidate, it only makes sense to maintain a good relationship

Welp, nevermind.

And our reputation as managerial killers continues

18 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

What a nightmare scenario that could actually come true.  This team is at such a crossroads right now.  Hopefully ownership doesn't go crazy to let this happen.

19 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

The part no one is talking about: Mike Rizzo's contract is up after next year. Will he be back? This situation, if the reports are true about the Lerners over ruling him, puts that is some serious doubt.

We deserve to be a second rate organization if we don't extend Rizzo.

Ok, I'm trying get everything straigtened out in my head, including stomping out some revisionist history.

Dusty was a Lerner pick to begin with and they went behind Rizzo's back to do it. We were close to Bud Black, then boom, Nats were the circus of the MLB. Does no one remember that cluster?

Nearly everyone was against Dusty from the start because he could never get over the hump. Well, two seasons later and all our worries were true.

Dusty's contract was up and they let him walk. But Rizzo is the bad guy even when it's being said that the Lerners went behind his back again to let Dusty go.

Is that the basic chain of events?

So, I ruffled some feathers on Twitter tonight:

It's pretty damned funny--he gets really up in arms over a simple tweet. Chris Kinard, the 106.7 program director, had to chime in:

2 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Boston gets Cora.. 

The Lerner's have got to break from their standard short contracts--they have to start valuing the Manager position.

2 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

^^^ You'll have to forgive me.  Who are you in that string, and who are the people you are arguing with?

I'm Scherzer's Blue Eye. It's my fan account. Chris Ligenbach (this guy: http://washington.cbslocal.com/2015/09/23/redskins-thank-all-7-fans-for-sending-them-off/) was relentlessly pushing Thom Loverro's article; Chris Kinard (CK) is the Program Director for 106.7.

17 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Rizzo will be offered, but he will probably have offers from other teams as well

No guarantee he wants to stay

Lerner's have got to get something done before the deal ends. My worry is he says "**** this ****, I'm out."

12 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Iirc, Rizzo's current deal was reached just a couple years ago. They very quietly got it done laat time.

Praying it happens the same way. 

That was a 2-year team option, his contract ends after 2018. This is just as big as losing Harper

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

With our outfield being what it is, losing Rizzo would be much bigger than losing Harper. I'm not convinced either is going anywhere though. 

It's a possibility--the probability is undetermined. It's certainly a concern though.

Archived