Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Washington Nationals: Wash, Rinse, Repeat

@DCGoldPants

21 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

They failed to sell out either of their home playoff games in the NLDS last year, by several thousand.

Werent those games played in the middle of the afternoon on weekdays?

Yeah, 1PM and 2PM.

My whole point is to say that Dodger fans arent Miami Marlins fans. They been down with that team for a long time.

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

They failed to sell out either of their home playoff games in the NLDS last year, by several thousand.

In their defense (I think I just vomited a little in my mouth) capacity is 56,000.  That is a HUGE baseball stadium, without a convenient mass transit stop.

Plus, if I live in vicinity of LA and am a Dodgers fan, I'm building a patio with outdoor HUGE TV/projector and having friends over. No way I'm fighting LA traffic to get to a baseball game 81 times a season.  Let's be honest, it's a social event anymore.  Most die-hards can't afford to go to the playoffs in the middle of the workday...

Baseball hasn't been cool in LA for a long time. Wasn't there a recent history of Dodger games were where gangs would meet because they couldn't bring weapons in but had enough privacy?

Look, it's a weird sports town. We can appreciate that with so many people around DC not being from here. Laker games are about being seen. Not seeing the games. Baseball has its share of celebs and waves of fans. I'm not going to rip anybody. Especially with a stadium that big. I'm sure there are a ton of long time LA residents who just bought their 1st Dodgers hat or shirt in the past few days. No doubt.

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Laker games are about being seen. Not seeing the games.

that aint true either

There are a lot of passionate, diehard, and sorta violent Laker fans you don't see on TV at games.

All I am saying is lets not rip other cities unless they are New York or Miami or Atlanta or those scumbags north of Baltimore.

Robles is going to be a stud. I'm so glad we didn't trade him.

Reg. LA, I'm not gonna kill them for not showing up on time for what was a ~5:30 start time for them. That's ridiculous to get there at that time in LA traffic. In DC our fans can't even show up on time to 7 PM starts.

Remember when we were told you can’t rely on the HR to win games in the postseason?  The Dodgers were about to go up 2-0 with every run scored on a HR. Astros won by scoring 1 run not on a HR. 

Cards used all their luck against the Nats in 12. The Giants didn’t use ANY luck in 14, they used Matt Williams pulling Jordan and throwing Barrett. The Dodgers used up all their luck in 16. The Cubs used up all their luck this year. 

Tired of being dinked and dunked to death in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Popeman38 said:

Tired of being dinked and dunked to death in the playoffs. 

When I talk about the DC Curse,  this is what I'm talking about. Just about every implosion we've had has started with some weak infield hit, bloop, or fluke play. So ****ing frustrating.

Depends on whether he's interested or not. Yankees forced him out. Yankees were fed up with him. Maybe he needs some time off. 

The good news is there aren't a lot of openings right now. I think this is the only one left IIRC other than the obvious Yankees. So either he sits out the year and recharges batteries, or comes to DC and takes this team over the top. 

Just now, ixcuincle said:

Depends on whether he's interested or not. Yankees forced him out. Yankees were fed up with him. Maybe he needs some time off. 

The good news is there aren't a lot of openings right now. I think this is the only one left IIRC other than the obvious Yankees. So either he sits out the year and recharges batteries, or comes to DC and takes this team over the top. 

My only pause is he has now butted heads with 2 front offices. I guess all relationships have a shelf life, but it's still concerning. He seems like Davey Johnson back with the Mets in the mid-80s.

43 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

This will put the theory that the Lerners/Rizzo only prefer placeholders to the test

If you cannot at bare minimum bring this man in for a visit, and show em some dough, you are not serious about winning

This. Nailed it. And all of baseball will be watching.

It make so much sense, it probably won't happen.

A youngish manager with winning experience and coming from probably the highest pressure baseball market. If he wants to manage right now and the team isn't stupid. They could come to an agreement. Pay the man. Make the contract a long one. Match it with an extension for a GM that finds gems for the farm and during the season. Only pause I would have is the differences in managing a team without a DH. But with however many times a year they have to that on the road against a NL team. I imagine he can do it. 

Archived