Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Washington Nationals: Wash, Rinse, Repeat

@DCGoldPants

2 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

Reach much?

Roberts made the NLCS his first year and the WS his 2nd. Hinsch made the WS in his 3rd year.  You ever stop to think that most managers spend their first couple seasons managing bad baseball teams?  Most good teams don't need new managers. Most team are more like the Phillies than the Nats/Yanks when hiring a manager.

Cautiously optimistic. Any newcomer with no experience is going to get a glare from me. You didn't retain Dusty, you sure as **** better have someone better in mind. This guy could be the one. But we need to see if he can A) win the NL East and B) win a playoff series.
"Anyone can win the NL East"
Tell that to Matt Williams.

Just now, ixcuincle said:

Cautiously optimistic. Any newcomer with no experience is going to get a glare from me. You didn't retain Dusty, you sure as **** better have someone better in mind. This guy could be the one. But we need to see if he can A) win the NL East and B) win a playoff series.
"Anyone can win the NL East"
Tell that to Matt Williams.

You do realize that Matt Williams won the NL East, right?

2 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

You do realize that Matt Williams won the NL East, right?

I do, I also realize that he didn't the year after that, which is what a lot of people forget. 

Anyone can win the NL East with the Nats, which is why Williams did it his 2nd year. Oh wait, he got fired and the team fell into turmoil. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

The Papelbon Cobra Clutch and watching  Lucas Duda take a gassed Joe Ross into orbit at Citi Field is hard to forget

Or Wilmer Flores hitting a walk-off against Felipe Rivero (in his third inning of work) in probably the same game.

And in other news, Angelos is a petty piece of ****: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/nationals-journal/wp/2017/10/30/naval-academy-baseball-classic-scrapped-due-to-territorial-issue-between-nationals-orioles/?utm_term=.33a3efea2c90

13 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Might have been the same game. I remember Williams walked Cespedes in front of Duda--who had already homered twice, and had 9 HRs that week, or something ridiculous.

Yeah that was it. Duda was stupid hot, and that dummy said "Yeah, lets walk and pitch to that guy with my tired rookie"

****... Still haven't recovered. Everything blacked out in my mind after he crushed that ball, which is probably why I don't remember much else.

17 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah that was it. Duda was stupid hot, and that dummy said "Yeah, lets walk and pitch to that guy with my tired rookie"

****... Still haven't recovered. Everything blacked out in my mind after he crushed that ball, which is probably why I don't remember much else.

In those 6 games--everything went right for the Mets. It's literally the ONLY time in the last 6 years that's happened.

20 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Interesting fact from that article: 

Since moving to DC, the Washington Nationals have made at least one trade with every Major League Baseball team, except one...

Yep. The Baltimore Orioles.

Somebody say the last 3 WS champions have had Baseball Prospectus alumni which is kind of interesting. Assuming that these 3 men were analytically trained which means I will not criticize them as "stat geek" or nerds anymore. People, this is important. We need the title. And if these geeks and their fancy math and numbers give us an advantage over the competition, I will allow it. Let's go out there and use our own fancy stats to beat up their fancy stats. 

Archived