Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Washington Nationals: Wash, Rinse, Repeat

@DCGoldPants

He'd be an absolute moron to not exercise it but stranger things have happened. I'd be shocked though if he didn't because he won't come close to that kind of money on the open market. Maybe his conscience will get the better of him and he'll feel so guilty for almost single handily losing Game 5 that he just exiles himself away from the world.

11 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

I really dont want to waste til 2019 to give him a good starting job, but i fully expect one of our guys to be injured for a extended period of time.  

He’ll start the year at triple A and be ready for a call up whenever there’s an injury. 

2019 opening day will have Eaton-Taylor-Robles in the outfield. Got a few holes to fill for that year but I think we are positioned to be competitive post-Harper. 

40 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

He’ll start the year at triple A and be ready for a call up whenever there’s an injury. 

2019 opening day will have Eaton-Taylor-Robles in the outfield. Got a few holes to fill for that year but I think we are positioned to be competitive post-Harper. 

Don't forget about Juan Soto. There are many who think he could be the best pure hitter in the minors.

59 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

so if it becomes clear that Bryce ain't gonna re-up, we gotta trade him right?

can't let him walk and only get a 1st round draft pick in return

I mean if we're in 1st place and in position for another pennant run, how can you possibly justify trading him?

If we do trade him, which is a huge if I don't see happening, it would be before the season.

Also remember, the All Star Game is in DC this year. You think the Lerners would okay dealing their biggest star when they finally host the game consisting of the biggest stars? Could you imagine Harper playing or hitting in the HR Derby in DC in another teams uniform?

2 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

so if it becomes clear that Bryce ain't gonna re-up, we gotta trade him right?

can't let him walk and only get a 1st round draft pick in return

How do you justify saying that Division Championships aren't enough and then trade him?

Archived