Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

14 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

This is fine

Remember a Jon Stewart bit. Some Republican bigwig (this was pre-Trump) was expressing how much they admired Putin's decisive leadership. "He just does something, and everybody reacts. Now that's a leader."

Stewart:  He just does something, and everybody reacts?  That's not a leader. That's a toddler. 

15 hours ago, Larry said:

Remember a Jon Stewart bit. Some Republican bigwig (this was pre-Trump) was expressing how much they admired Putin's decisive leadership. "He just does something, and everybody reacts. Now that's a leader."

Stewart:  He just does something, and everybody reacts?  That's not a leader. That's a toddler. 

Looked it up. Republican bigwig was Giuliani. Maybe we should have seen this coming.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/8gpcf5/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-big-vladdy---semi-delusional-autocrats

11 hours ago, visionary said:

The Republican dog whistle is no longer for the racist knuckle draggers of American society, but now its for the extremist nut jobs who are ok with killing the other side.

The racist dog whistle eventually led us to an openly xenophobic and anti-minority party. Not hard to see where the GOP is headed beyond this.

14 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Gonna go out on a limb and say no articles about anti-semitic tropes will be written about this one.

I didn't watch the Sunday morning shows. Does anyone know if it was discussed? 

37 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

It’s happening again

Who would have expected that that would happen, when you campaign on getting rid of policies that were specifically put in place to prevent the abuses that caused the last collapse?

So, there are at least rumors that the economy is due for a recession. And rumors of a risk of another banking crisis. 

Disclaimer:  I am aware of the expression that economists have predicted nine of the last five recessions. 

And the entire Republican Party has:

1). Doubled the federal deficit, before the recession. 

2). Repealed every single regulation that was passed, to prevent the last banking crisis from happening again. 

3). Started a trade war. And regularly threatening to escalate it. 

4). Trump, at least, has openly attacked the Fed for hinting that they might be easing off on the bubble-inflating compressor. 

5). And are now proceeding to nominate two people who are obviously unqualified to run the Fed, but both of which have pledged political loyalty to Trump's demand that the Fed must artificially inflate an economy that's already at full employment. (Thus depriving us of another tool we can use if there's another problem). 

Really looking forward to when the economy collapses, and we don't have any bullets to fight it with, because we spent all of them trying to artificially inflate the economy, for political reasons. 

20 minutes ago, Larry said:

So, there are at least rumors that the economy is due for a recession. And rumors of a risk of another banking crisis. 

Disclaimer:  I am aware of the expression that economists have predicted nine of the last five recessions. 

And the entire Republican Party has:

1). Doubled the federal deficit, before the recession. 

2). Repealed every single regulation that was passed, to prevent the last banking crisis from happening again. 

3). Started a trade war. And regularly threatening to escalate it. 

4). Trump, at least, has openly attacked the Fed for hinting that they might be easing off on the bubble-inflating compressor. 

5). And are now proceeding to nominate two people who are obviously unqualified to run the Fed, but both of which have pledged political loyalty to Trump's demand that the Fed must artificially inflate an economy that's already at full employment. (Thus depriving us of another tool we can use if there's another problem). 

Really looking forward to when the economy collapses, and we don't have any bullets to fight it with, because we spent all of them trying to artificially inflate the economy, for political reasons. 

You don't want the recesslon to start to soon.  Say, the recession( 2 consequective down quarters) actually starts this quarter. Say, it's a moderate one that lasts a year and is over after 1st quarter 2020.  By election day, things could be hummjing along again.  You want to have the next recession hit in lhe final quarter of 2019 or in 2020.

21 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

You don't want the recesslon to start to soon.  Say, the recession( 2 consequective down quarters) actually starts this quarter. Say, it's a moderate one that lasts a year and is over after 1st quarter 2020.  By election day, things could be hummjing along again.  You want to have the next recession hit in lhe final quarter of 2019 or in 2020.

I really do not want to be cheering for the economy to go down at a convenient time for maximum political opportunity. 

I have a problem with the Republicans placing political advantage ahead of the national economy. And I'm not going to even add my psychic waves to doing it the other way. 

27 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Very unlikely.  Middle class spending and government spending has been necessary to pull the country out of recent recessions, but the middle class is tapped out (unlike after the 90's) and there won't be any stimulus with Trump.  If it's a very light and shallow recession, maybe, but if a recession happens, odds are it'll be a deep and serious one.  I just don't think we're going to see quick turnaround recessions much anymore.

It used to be that when you lost a bad Secretary you felt a flash of hope. I should be glad that Nielsen is out (and I am) but I feel this shiver, this premonition of doom that Trump will pick someone far worse. Maybe this time, he'll just tap a Grand Dragon outright or perhaps he'll nominate Sergei Lavrov.

Archived