Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

7 hours ago, Llevron said:

Trump could say pee tastes delicious as long as its iced and TWA would be like "Well maybe he has a better diet than you do..." 

Relative to warm pee, it probably is delicious...

Also in the desert... lots of places pee wouldn’t be that bad. Also, iced pee still has ice in it, so there’s that. 

What caused wind mills to pop into Trumls head?  Windmills seam much more efficient than solar panels. In fact, he had of chosen solar panels he could have brought up all the subsidies Obama gave to solar companies getting nothing in return... missed opportunity 

8 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Barr the go to if anything needs to be covered up.

I mean it must be pretty awesome to get to be the attorney general, but it must be pretty awful knowing that in the heart that the only reason you are is that you are a stooge and a sell-out.

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I mean it must be pretty awesome to get to be the attorney general, but it must be pretty awful knowing that in the heart that the only reason you are is that you are a stooge and a sell-out.

Could be worse. 

You could be Trump's press secretary. 

6 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Yeah but this is Barrs second go round as AG. He did a solid job covering Reagans tookus. Trump is a bit more troublesome. Barr prolly likes a good challenge tho.

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Barr the go to if anything needs to be covered up.

As far as I've read the AG has nothing to do with the law stating that certain Congressional committees can request an individual's tax returns. The law says it is the Treasury Secretary that "shall furnish" the documents when requested. And if Trump challenges it (obviously he will) then wouldn't that be the responsibility of his personal attorneys and not the DOJ?

To me this is just further evidence that Trump sees, and has always seen, the AG as essentially his own personal lawyer.

33 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

I have little to no hope for this government post Trump. If he's managed one thing it is to lay bare the outright corruption that has infected our political system. 

Small changes won't fix this.

Everyone has a price! You have to take money out of the equation to have a chance. And good luck having the people in power decide that they dont want money. 

45 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

I have little to no hope for this government post Trump. If he's managed one thing it is to lay bare the outright corruption that has infected our political system. 

Small changes won't fix this.

Trump has shown how easy it is to game the system if you don't honor the rules or care about precedents. What has been revealed is how much of the government was based on an honor system that assumes that the people in power are well-intentioned. McConnell and Trump destroyed that. I suppose if McConnell had any shame, integrity, or ethical consistency it still might have worked, but with McConnell able to block all checks on corruption Trump has had a free hand to damage our institutions and process in a way few imagined possible.

7 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Trump has shown how easy it is to game the system if you don't honor the rules or care about precedents. What has been revealed is how much of the government was based on an honor system that assumes that the people in power are well-intentioned. McConnell and Trump destroyed that. I suppose if McConnell had any shame, integrity, or ethical consistency it still might have worked, but with McConnell able to block all checks on corruption Trump has had a free hand to damage our institutions and process in a way few imagined possible.

McConnell in particular is responsible for the situation we find ourselves in. Trump is a good foil, and there are a lot of "reasons" or "issues" that society as a whole has that relate back to this. But McConnell is going to be seen as a stain on democracy for all of history assuming his party doesn't win outright and write it the way they want it. 

I hope he or his family pay some sort of price for it. They should be forced to pay for his crimes if he isnt. 

Sorry, but the check and balance that's failed, here, is the voters. 

Congress is protecting Trump because they believe that they will actually be punished if they behave ethically. 

If the voters had a problem with Trump's open corruption, the GOP would all be attacking him faster than twa can move a goalpost  

Archived