Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

18 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Regardless of whether or not he's right or wrong with his accusations, we have rules and laws.  He broke them.

In situations like this (Trump Administration and an openly complicit GOP) rules and laws serve only to protect the complicit and the guilty.

2 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

In situations like this (Trump Administration and an openly complicit GOP) rules and laws serve only to protect the complicit and the guilty.

Sure.  Capitol Police are just stormtroopers for Adolph Trump.

3 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Sure.  Capitol Police are just stormtroopers for Adolph Trump.

Have fun with that bud. I’m certain someone was adressing the Captol Hill police, but I was pointing out the fact that a 78 year old career CIA officer felt so compelled to oppose a known and confessed torturer that he would openly protest her confirmation in the Senate Chamber. But please keep pretending that I’m talking about the police.

He wasn't the only one arrested either (for speaking out and "resisting arrest").

The idea that people are having to go that route to ask questions since bloody Gina won't tell the truth and own up to her Thailand black site torture regime should give most people pause.

Edit..either we are ok with torture or we are not. We can't just sweep it under the rug and pretend that someone didn't okay it.

If he broke the law and needed to be dismissed from the room due to protocol then fine, but why did it take 6 officers throwing him to the ground to accomplish it?  "Stop resisting" is that just officer protocol now to repeatedly shout that over and over to justify doing whatever?

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

If he broke the law and needed to be dismissed from the room due to protocol then fine, but why did it take 6 officers throwing him to the ground to accomplish it?  "Stop resisting" is that just officer protocol now to repeatedly shout that over and over to justify doing whatever?

I dont know.  Neither does anyone else except them.  If they violated his rights, let them pay for that.  

Do we really want all of our Govt hearings and legislation to devolve into this kind of thing?  You guys are really okay with that?

4 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I AM focusing on a guy who is breaking the law.  I dont care what his motivations are.  And if you do, well then I guess that's a way to justify almost anything.

Laws that silence voices that SHOULD be heard. I love the fact that this guy is what is likely his last act of public service breaks the law to protest a woman who violated Federal, International and MORAL laws who has been nominated by a man who vowed to reintroduce torture!

THANK YOU SIR for you voice, your service, and your courage!

6 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

He wasn't the only one arrested either (for speaking out and "resisting arrest").

The idea that people are having to go that route to ask questions since bloody Gina won't tell the truth and own up to her Thailand black site torture regime should give most people pause.

Edit..either we are ok with torture or we are not. We can't just sweep it under the rug and pretend that someone didn't okay it.

People who spoke out against it were blackballed and targeted by the government.

The scumbag who tried to cover it up is being rewarded. 

This country continuously finds a way to make a mockery of its own so-called ideals. And it doesn’t help that the Bible humpers are the worst offenders. 

1 minute ago, Kilmer17 said:

I dont know.  Neither does anyone else except them.  If they violated his rights, let them pay for that.  

Do we really want all of our Govt hearings and legislation to devolve into this kind of thing?  You guys are really okay with that?

Nope.  Which is why I am not even contesting whether he should or shouldn't have been thrown out in the first place. I am conceding that point entirely since I don't know the rules and am giving the benefit of the doubt to the officers initially for doing their job.......until they hit the hallway. 

Just now, Kilmer17 said:

The call for civility is the guise of the complicit as they seek to cover their crimes. This woman may well be confirmed by the Senate and will then be in a position to go far worse than she’s already proven she’s willing to go.

Has anyone asked her what she would do if put into a position where Trump requested water boarding and/or torture in the future? I thought I remember reading she gave an answer like "I don't think he would" but that isn't really answering the question.

2 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

The call for civility is the guise of the complicit as they seek to cover their crimes. This woman may well be confirmed by the Senate and will then be in a position to go far worse than she’s already proven she’s willing to go.

**** it right!  No need for civility.  Let's all just act out when we disagree or dont like something.  You say she's a torturer, right wing lunatics call pro-choicers murders.  As long as the motivation is pure, the actions are justified.  

It'll be a beautiful chaos.

2 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

**** it right!  No need for civility.  Let's all just act out when we disagree or dont like something.  You say she's a torturer, right wing lunatics call pro-choicers murders.  As long as the motivation is pure, the actions are justified.  

It'll be a beautiful chaos.

I don't say she’s a torturer, she IS a torturer. But yes, by all means let us be civilized as we confirm torturers to head America’s leading foreign intelligence agency under the leadership of a troll who has promised to bring back torture because he is convinced ot works.

But at least we’ll be civilized.

I think we have very different understandings of what that word means.

7 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Has anyone asked her what she would do if put into a position where Trump requested water boarding and/or torture in the future? I thought I remember reading she gave an answer like "I don't think he would" but that isn't really answering the question.

Trump is already on record proclaiming that torture works, and that he would bring back waterboarding and far worse. She is already on record as having employed these tactics at black sites. But yeah, we can believe her....civility though and all that, let’s make sure we’re polite and calm as we turn over our Intelligence agency to her.

6 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Nope.  Let's burn it all down!  True Patriots act outside the law and without regard to our traditions and protocols.

Gather the torches!

LoL!!! You sound like a King George Loyalist.

For the record, our country was founded by those who acted outside of the law in protest. It is literally in our nation’s DNA.

25 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

For what its worth, the old guy wasnt the only protester I saw removed.  There were several others.  Why did the old guy get manhandled more?  Because he wouldnt leave.  The other protesters went a lot more willingly.

yep

It is the usual protocol, one level of force above what the person uses to resist.

29 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

LoL!!! You sound like a King George Loyalist.

For the record, our country was founded by those who acted outside of the law in protest. It is literally in our nation’s DNA.

they also set up a system to protest and such....and the rule of law :)

58 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

It was Susan Collins who asked her that.

"...Collins then noted that as a candidate, Trump had said he was in favor of waterboarding — and even more extreme measures.

"If the CIA has a high-value terrorism suspect in its custody," Collins said, "and the president gave you a direct order to waterboard that suspect, what would you do?"

"I do not believe the president would ask me to do that,"..."

Pretty good summary from NPR with related questions from Warner and a few others. Also has the video to the whole nomination hearing:

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/05/09/609681289/gina-haspel-confirmation-hearing-cia-nominee-faces-senators-questions

Archived