Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can we give Trent Murphy some props??

Playaction2Sanders

This is an interesting & informative thread.  Good discussion!  

Since I had nothing to add on the topic, I'm not contributing to it per se, but I did want to give props.

Props to

@Playaction2Sanders for starting the thread.  Thanx man, I learned a lot.

@Koolblue13 you absolutely get props for being the 1st one to begin a thread on Trent Murphy.  I intend to check that out too.

@thesubmittedone in my opinion, your posts in this thread stand head-and-shoulders above the rest.  Not only were they informative, but the style of your delivery made those posts quite the enjoyable read.  Well done!

(And yes, I am very pleasantly surprised by Trent's play this year.  Let's hope he finishes this year strong.  We're closer than we may realize.)

9 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

But miss me with the "I ALWAYZ KNEW HE WAZ GONNA B A STUD" crap. His play came out of no where and anyone thinking he wasn't gonna cut it before this season had ample examples to support their views. The patting on the back in this thread is laughable lol

aladin-smug-o.gif

Odd that Preston Smith has become invisible. I think Murphy's natural position is as a 4-3 DE. I had always assumed/feared he would leave here viewed as a disappointment, then blow it up somewhere else. I'd be curious to know how many of his sacks have come from being down in a stance versus standing up. He reminds me of Mann - solid blue collar player who can both stuff the run and rush the passer.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Stefanskins said:

hell, he could end up with 10 or 11 sacks... 4 or 5 forced fumbles...which is great!!!..BTW he's only 2.5 sacks outta 2nd place in the nfl

and Ryans only 2.5 back from the league leader

And just imagine if they both had help in the middle other than baker! ??

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2016 at 1:40 PM, TheGreek1973 said:

So true.  Hell we may have done exactly that with Amerson.  

I was someone in pre-season who wanted Trent off of this team. Just another shining example of my impressive ability to assess talent. smh

Amerson is back to being garbage. Last year he played like he had something to prove. This year he's playing exactly how he did with us.... Just loves getting burnt deep. 

20 hours ago, CTskin said:

Amerson is back to being garbage. Last year he played like he had something to prove. This year he's playing exactly how he did with us.... Just loves getting burnt deep. 

Amerson is good the first year, then gets confortable and doesn't put effort in the work again... Huge waste of talent.

Murphy is the exact opposite.

Murphy is an example of how we never quite know what the future holds. When we project our young players into future years, it's nothing more than an educated (at best) guess. So, when we look at 2017, we have to guard our optimism on guys like Cravens but also keep an open mind on guys like Fuller. 

The good news with a story like Murphy's is that we could ultimately be closer to filling defensive holes than we think, at least on the personnel side. If guys like Fuller, Cravens, Ioannidis, etc. pan out, then we might have some answers before we even draft or shop for FAs. 

Archived