Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rawstory: Dash cam video shows unarmed black man with hands in air before Tulsa police shoot him dead

No Excuses

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/09/dash-cam-video-shows-unarmed-black-man-with-hands-in-air-before-tulsa-police-shoot-him-dead/

The video shows multiple police cruisers approach Crutcher’s vehicle, which appears to be broken down in the middle of the road. Crutcher is seen with his hands in the air. Both hands appear to be empty.

Pastor Rodney Goss of Morning Star Baptist Church, who was able to view the dash cam video as well as video from other department vehicles, said that all views showed Crutcher’s hands in the air.

Goss also denied claims made by a police spokesperson that suggested Crutcher was shot because he refused to obey commands.

“It was not apparent at any angle from any point that he lunged, came toward, aggressively attacked, or made any sudden movements that would have been considered a threat or life-threatening toward the officer,” Goss told Tulsa World.

The officer who pulled the trigger was later identified as Betty Shelby. She was placed on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of an investigation.

Chief Jordan said on Monday that there was no indication that Crutcher was armed.

Dashcam video in link.

What's with Tulsa? The First 48 is one of my guilty pleasures. Been watching it for 12 years now. The past year or so they've been following homicide detectives in Tulsa. I swear to God they have the craziest, most insane murder cases ever. And not just once or twice but every single episode is something. Crazier than Miami, crazier than Atlanta, crazier than New Orleans, Cleveland, Dallas, etc. ****ing Tulsa. Never would have thought. Anybody ever been there? What's the deal?

Sorry for the hijack. This is obviously ****ed up. Maybe this is finally the one that breaks the camels back and we get real change? More than likely we'll just get one of our presidential candidates (FDT) to read Horton Hears a Who to us instead.

Saw the video earlier tonight. A few things struck me as odd:

1. Who leaves their broken down vehicle in the middle of a two-lane road? He was a huge guy. There was no reason for it to be in the middle of the road. Strange.

2. He had his hands up. But he appeared to be walking away from the cops, towards his suv. He then appeared to reach in his window. Not normal behavior.

Now, before anyone jumps the gun and thinks I'm saying he deserved to be shot--don't. Just pointing out that he didn't appear to be following all commands.

Now, I'm not trying to justify this person getting shot.  I'm just desperately searching for something that the unarmed man with his hands up, did wrong. For no reason whatsoever. 

And I am not in any way referring to any particular post in this thread.  I'm just pointing things out. 

Just now, Larry said:

Now, I'm not trying to justify this person getting shot.  I'm just desperately searching for something that the unarmed man with his hands up, did wrong. For no reason whatsoever. 

How were the cops supposed to know he wasn't armed, when he walks towards his driver side door and appears to reach for something? 

7 minutes ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

Saw the video earlier tonight. A few things struck me as odd:

1. Who leaves their broken down vehicle in the middle of a two-lane road? He was a huge guy. There was no reason for it to be in the middle of the road. Strange.

2. He had his hands up. But he appeared to be walking away from the cops, towards his suv. He then appeared to reach in his window. Not normal behavior.

Now, before anyone jumps the gun and thinks I'm saying he deserved to be shot--don't. Just pointing out that he didn't appear to be following all commands.

1. Who pulls guns on an unarmed man who simply had a stalled car. Strange.

2. He had his hands up with no weapon and was probably getting his identification. Yet he still got shot. Not normal or legal behavior.

2 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

2. He had his hands up with no weapon and was probably getting his identification. Yet he still got shot. Not normal or legal behavior.

Well, now, as we've been seeing, over the last several years, this actually is normal behavior. 

And, judging by the punishment typically handed down in these cases, it sure looks like it's legal, too. 

6 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

It's standard protocol for a cop to pull his gun when someone isn't following commands. You're assuming he was getting his ID. Whether he was or not, is irrelevant. He definitely wasn't doing what they were instructing him to do. You don't reach inside your vehicle when you are being told to stop.

Suppposedly he was tazed before she fired her gun, too. 

5 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Talk to him?

How about follow simple instructions. What a thought.

5 minutes ago, twa said:

vid sucks at the time of shooting,I wonder if it is another mistaking the pistol for the taser idiot from the audio

I saw two vids. There is also one from a helicopter.

15 minutes ago, twa said:

from the number of cops there something is being left out

Did you hear the comment the guy made from the helicopter? Something about him being a big, bad dude. There were also 911 calls the police were getting, saying how there was an suv broken down in the middle of the road. It seems the cops that arrived on the scene possibly didn't really know what they were responding to. And then with the guy not following instructions, things escalated.

Archived