Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kirk Cousins, NOT IMPRESSED

Riggo'sRangers

56 minutes ago, Diehard Otis said:

If we're in the market for a QB, I want that Louisville kid.  That guy is really something!

But realistically, Cousins needs a sports psychologist - or a hypnotist.

It is very distressing to watch our Starting Quarterback operating with the mental toughness of an institutionalized lunatic.

Nah, Jackson is a spread offense QB and we been there and done that. Also, the kid won't be draft eligible until 2018.

Hail Em Up!

Cousins has thrown the ball damn near 70 times in the first two games, for what, almost 700 yards?  "Rust" should not be an acceptable reason/excuse as to his deep ball inaccuracy.  I have to wonder if the whole contract situation is affecting him more than he is letting on.  He has to have it in his head that every time he goes out there a good/bad performance is going to directly affect his value at the end of the season. He obviously overplayed his hand in the offseason by not accepting whatever the offer was, and now so far in 2016, while he has thrown for a ton of yards, he hasn't really been efficient or effective on some of the bigger easy throws that would have equaled points.

Obviously kirk just doesn't have it being the big dog. It's as clear as day. He has just sucked both games thus far. cost us the dallas game and arguably the Pitt game. As the $20 million man we need those type of resources to be invested in a competent set of players that actually perform when it counts and the pressure is on to perform. Cousin's and his agent bent us over and this is what we receive as effort and performance. Pretty abysmal and he won't be here next year if this pathetic performance continues. As many are I too am just really tired of these "players" signing big contracts to play as pee wee league 2nd stringers. We need a refund of his 1,250,000.00 game check. Vastly overpaid.

Kirk left a minimum of 24 points on the field by himself. We'd be killing Djax or Crowder if they dropped 3 TDs or Matt Jones if he fumbled on the goal line.

Kirk missed at least 3 wide open TDs AND threw a pick in the endzone that would have been a FG to go up 6. 

Good players have bad games, but not THAT bad.

5 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

We need a running game, then Kirk may look better.  Problem is, our online sucks at run blocking.  Liechtensteiner is our #1 problem on the online - can't go another offseason without fixing that one...

We only ran the ball 15 times, and were averaging over 4 ypc...we had a good enough run game, we just decided to abandon it.

4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

We only ran the ball 15 times, and were averaging over 4 ypc...we had a good enough run game, we just decided to abandon it.

Cowboys weren't playing the run, so the YPC isn't indicative of what would have happened.  However, I'm with you that they need to try to run more, force the opponents to us more evenly.  I just don't think our online is very good at run blocking... 

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

Cousins has thrown the ball damn near 70 times in the first two games, for what, almost 700 yards?  "Rust" should not be an acceptable reason/excuse as to his deep ball inaccuracy. 

Not sure I see the logic there. He barely played in the preseason and is now inaccurate and looking out of whack, but they can't be related because he's throwing a lot now?

I do not grok.

8 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I want to know why the Redskins have a hard time find a competent QB?  The last we had a decent QB that at least gave us a few years was Mark Rypien.

It is going to make me sick if Dak Prescott ends up being for real and the Cowboys find their next QB after Romo.

because dumbass fans want a Super Bowl franchise QB immediately 

6 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

Cowboys weren't playing the run, so the YPC isn't indicative of what would have happened.  However, I'm with you in that the need to try to run more, force the opponents to us more evenly.  I just don't think our online is very good at run blocking...

You said he didn't have a run game...I said he did have a run game but the decision was made to abandon it.

I'm not sure how the Cowboys not playing the run negates the viewpoint that the Skins had a good enough run game against them.

980 just reported Kirk and Gruden had a closed door meeting after the game. Ruh-Roh.  In reality it was probably more of a "hey man, we need more from you" kind of thing.

4 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

because dumbass fans want a Super Bowl franchise QB immediately 

Trent Green got away but it was before he really broke out.

7 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Not sure I see the logic there. He barely played in the preseason and is now inaccurate and looking out of whack, but they can't be related because he's throwing a lot now?

I do not grok.

I think the overriding point being made is that when it comes to his accuracy, having Cousins throw more in the preseason doesn't trump having Cousins throwing more now. There's something else at play behind Cousins' inaccuracy than those missing 15 extra pass attempts he would have had in game 2 of the preseason.

We will live or die this season with Cousins, he's not getting yanked if he's healthy.  It's been two very ugly games, but there are 14 more to go and the team needs to make a long term decision on his status.  We've seen pretty good Cousins last year and really bad Cousins this year, we need to know what he is.  I don't know if it's mental or physical, but this season will make it pretty clear if he's the man.

It certainly appears to me the staff had some concerns coming into the season.  Their hand was forced with RG3, they had to franchise tag him but not locking him in past this season spoke volumes.  It's not about the money, starting QB money has been determined by the market and the QB will get paid, it's about trust and confidence.  Not sure they have it or if he deserves today.

if he's a bust, the future might look a lot different for the Redskins.  HTTR!

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

I think the overriding point being made is that when it comes to his accuracy, having Cousins throw more in the preseason doesn't trump having Cousins throwing more now. There's something else at play behind Cousins' inaccuracy than those missing 15 extra pass attempts he would have had in game 2 of the preseason.

Exactly.  And early season "rust" should usually last a drive or two to start out the season.  Remember Big Ben on those first couple of drives? A little erratic. Cousins has now played 2 full games, throwing the ball a ton. I don't think the primary factor at play is "rust" or lack of preaseason snaps.

7 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

980 just reported Kirk and Gruden had a closed door meeting after the game. Ruh-Roh.  In reality it was probably more of a "hey man, we need more from you" kind of thing.

Yeah, I'm not reading much into that, other than maybe it being a confirmation that what we fans are seeing isn't exactly a mirage lol...I doubt Gruden is changing his tune about Cousins one iota, and I for one hope and prays he doesn't. At the same time, this was a baaaaad game if a close door meeting is needed afterwards lol...

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

By watching how he overthrows wide open WRs that are sure touchdowns, maybe? Or changing it up and underthrowing a wide open WR for a sure TD, maybe? Or throwing some pretty putrid fades in the end zone...or throwing an INT in the end zone when points are desperately needed? Take your pick.

the int was after what 4 calls of a fade at the goal line over 2 possessions?  I mean give it to the running back now and then.

Just now, NoCalMike said:

The run game today was plenty fine.....besides the fact that they didn't run the ball enough. Who cares what Dallas was conceding ground?  Good!  It's a close game, Matt Jones was effective. Pound the rock.

at least in the red zone after that 14 yard td. 

Archived