Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is 11-5 or better still possible?

hail2skins

11-5 wouldn't surprise me.  If we win next week, I'll be expecting at least 12-4.

This thread shows how much we fans often get too pessimistic after a loss and too optimistic after a win.  Well, given the fact that we are now 3-2 and we still have a large number of ESers waiting for the other shoe to drop, maybe a the optimism has been beaten out of us.

9 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

11-5 wouldn't surprise me.  If we win next week, I'll be expecting at least 12-4.

This thread shows how much we fans often get too pessimistic after a loss and too optimistic after a win.  Well, given the fact that we are now 3-2 and we still have a large number of ESers waiting for the other shoe to drop, maybe a the optimism has been beaten out of us.

stop it dude lol

How about showing me a game they have been dominant in already.  So look at the wins so far.  The Giants have to be kicking themselves they lost to the Skins.  Had it not been for the penalties they committed there would and should have been a different outcome.  Cleveland again in my opinion outplayed the Redskins.  Heck the running back ran the ball down their throats.  Frankly I believe it that fumble than wasnt a fumble was reviewed and they kept the ball, they would have beat the Redskins.  They had the momentum.  And then today.  But for that bone head play of fumbling the ball in endzone, the Redskins would have been playing from behind in Baltimore against the #1 defense.  Anybody feel good about those odds.  And the Ravens still had a chance and almost did win the game in the end.  

So I would argue that the football gods have been very good to the Redksins thus far.  So look at another aspect of the game.  One of the characteristics

Oops hit submit to soon.  One of the characteristics of a 11 - 5 or 12 - 4 team is they can stop the run and they can run.  This is important when you are in close games to preserve wins and run out the clock.  The Redskins can do neither and it will likely cost them a couple or three wins before the season is over.  So yep the are probably a .500 team, maybe 9 and 7 at best.  What is that likely to get you?  The way the Cow Turds are playing right now, watching another team in the playoffs.

27 minutes ago, glongest said:

How about showing me a game they have been dominant in already.  So look at the wins so far.  The Giants have to be kicking themselves they lost to the Skins.  Had it not been for the penalties they committed there would and should have been a different outcome.  Cleveland again in my opinion outplayed the Redskins.  Heck the running back ran the ball down their throats.  Frankly I believe it that fumble than wasnt a fumble was reviewed and they kept the ball, they would have beat the Redskins.  They had the momentum.  And then today.  But for that bone head play of fumbling the ball in endzone, the Redskins would have been playing from behind in Baltimore against the #1 defense.  Anybody feel good about those odds.  And the Ravens still had a chance and almost did win the game in the end.  

So I would argue that the football gods have been very good to the Redksins thus far.  So look at another aspect of the game.  One of the characteristics

Thats how the NFL works though. We also left points on the field the last three games and could have easily beaten Dallas. Unless you're one of the juggernaut teams, just about every losing team can say they could easily be winning and vice versa.

59 minutes ago, Nfcbeasts4721 said:

How?..why???....that's not how this works...its not how any of this works!!!

We're going to have to play good teams and until we can play well on three sides of the game, we'll lose. Giants, Browns and Ravens made the same stupid mistakes we made in our first 2 loses. When we play a team that isn't constantly drawing penalties and making stupid mistakes, maybe then we can win one convincingly.

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

We're going to have to play good teams and until we can play well on three sides of the game, we'll lose. Giants, Browns and Ravens made the same stupid mistakes we made in our first 2 loses. When we play a team that isn't constantly drawing penalties and making stupid mistakes, maybe then we can win one convincingly.

We've been playing good teams.  We've only played one that stands out as bad, the Browns.  Steelers are good.  Ravens were 3-1.  Cowboys are currently stomping the Bengals.  Going into New York is never easy.  Next week we play a very good Eagles team.  

NFC East isn't the same division it was last season.  

1 hour ago, Destino said:

We've been playing good teams.  We've only played one that stands out as bad, the Browns.  Steelers are good.  Ravens were 3-1.  Cowboys are currently stomping the Bengals.  Going into New York is never easy.  Next week we play a very good Eagles team.  

We'll see what happens next week.

7 minutes ago, Destino said:

I believe that a saw a stat earlier today that had Philly as the #1 scoring Defense. 

15 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Last I checked it takes alot more than skill to win...SKILL,LUCK AND THE DESIRE TO WIN!!.. I'm sorry but that's two games now this year I have seen a complete team win against Giants and against the Ravens and I'm sorry but I think our offense moved the ball very well against the number one ranked defense.

24 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

The Giants made no mistakes where one could state as fact that without those errors the Giants would have won.  In any case, the only scenario that gives the Giants that game is if we take away all their errors (most of which were FORCED) while not doing the same for us.  Same is true for the Browns.  The Ravens' big error was a gimme but if you give them that, what about ours?

As Destino points out, only 1 of our games came against a team that looks bad.  We are just 1 play away from being 3-1 if you are going to argue errors.  One also had to consider that we could have beat the Giants 34-10 if you are going to argue errors.  You would also have to consider the strong possibility that we take the Browns down 31-13 if you are going to argue errors.  Besides, if you argue we got lucky, you need to realize that is a hallmark of good teams.

Another growth indicator is that we don't just give up after we are smacked in the mouth which was a hallmark for us for years. Down 10 to 6 with an offense not working, we end up beating a good team.  Down 21-9 in a place we traditionally give up, we go on to win,  Even though we ended up losing, we did not give up when Dallas took a 10-0 lead and Dallas still needed a mistake by us to win.

Finally, part of what made us so good in the 1980s is that we rarely lost to teams that we should have won.  Some of those wins did come in scary fashion.

Every team has errors, but we've been the recipient of a lot of boneheaded plays, today's INT-Fumble-TB absolutely turned this game around. 

Listen, I love this team, They're MY Redskins. But i'm not delusional. This isn't a great team by any means. They have some talent and some definite building blocks, but I'm scared for when they play a legitimate team like Minnesota. Just too many fundamental errors still and the same weaknesses get exploited week in and week out. 

10 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

With the schedule? I'd be more than thrilled with 9-7

With our remaining schedule.  I'd be looking for 11 or more wins or 8 or fewer wins.

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

Every team has errors, but we've been the recipient of a lot of boneheaded plays, today's INT-Fumble-TB absolutely turned this game around. 

Listen, I love this team, They're MY Redskins. But i'm not delusional. This isn't a great team by any means. They have some talent and some definite building blocks, but I'm scared for when they play a legitimate team like Minnesota. Just too many fundamental errors still and the same weaknesses get exploited week in and week out. 

What bone head plays.  Until the one today, I count exactly 0.

They don't need to be anything highlight worthy or something that really sticks out as a game changing moment.They could be anything from OBJ's angry OPI before Eli's dumb INT a couple weeks ago, to ridiculously high penalty yardage to really poor unforced turnovers. I feel this year, more than years past, we've been the more disciplined of the two teams playing each week. 

Archived