Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is 11-5 or better still possible?

hail2skins

well after week 2 I'd have said it was impossible to win 8 games, much less 10 or 11

here we are a month after that dallass debacle and things are looking up. The schedule no longer looks like the murder's row it once was. There are a bunch of winnable games left on the table. 11-5 looked like a mirage a month ago, now it's a possibility.

Still a ton of football to be played, but if things keep trending upwards I don't see why they can't win at least 10.

It all hinges on the lions.. if they win this weekend they stand at 5-2..  with 9 games to go. let's assume they stagnate and only win 50% of the remaining 9 games after detroit, that puts them at 9-10 wins depending on how that 9th game plays out. I think it's actually doable.. and 50% isn't asking a whole hell of a lot with teams like the bears, giants, eagles, bengals and cowboys on the schedule (cowboy/redskins games are usually tight and hard to predict) The packers are in shambles, as well as the panthers.. there is money to be made here boys.

What if they manage to overachieve??

54 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

well after week 2 I'd have said it was impossible to win 8 games, much less 10 or 11

here we are a month after that dallass debacle and things are looking up. The schedule no longer looks like the murder's row it once was. There are a bunch of winnable games left on the table. 11-5 looked like a mirage a month ago, now it's a possibility.

Still a ton of football to be played, but if things keep trending upwards I don't see why they can't win at least 10.

It all hinges on the lions.. if they win this weekend they stand at 5-2..  with 9 games to go. let's assume they stagnate and only win 50% of the remaining 9 games after detroit, that puts them at 9-10 wins depending on how that 9th game plays out. I think it's actually doable.. and 50% isn't asking a whole hell of a lot with teams like the bears, giants, eagles, bengals and cowboys on the schedule (cowboy/redskins games are usually tight and hard to predict) The packers are in shambles, as well as the panthers.. there is money to be made here boys.

What if they manage to overachieve??

What's done is done (4 wins and 2 losses) so it really doesn't matter if Baltimore and the Giants were easier than we expected or Dallas was tougher. 

For the 10 remaining games, I think it looks just as hard as it did in August, maybe even a little worse. With Arizona, Cincy, and Carolina struggling, I know that sounds strange, but here's why. Despite struggling, those three teams can still re-discover what made them so good last year, especially for a week. So those games might be slightly more winnable today than they felt before week 1, but it's marginally so. In addition, the Eagles, Cowboys, Vikings, and Lions are all better than we anticipated. So, those games have become more dangerous. Only the Giants and Bears feel just about the same to me today as they did in August. 

So, I still think we'll only be favored in two or three remaining games (home against New York and at Chicago). That leaves us as the underdogs in our home non-division games against Minnesota, Green Bay, and Carolina as well as our road games against Detroit, Cincy, Dallas, Philly, and Arizona. 

Hey, what's this lyin' around stuff??!! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor??

Ugh......didn't think so.  10-6 tops, 9-7 likely. Still would give us back-to-back winning seasons for the first time in close to 20 years.

How does a team go 75 yards in less than a minute like that at the end of the game?  I hate the NFL.

Archived