Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Colin Kaepernick protests anthem due to treatment of minorities

zoony

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

he didnt workout in Seattle.

Again, people "regurgitating what they heard somewhere" again.

Fair enough. He visited the team, but didn't work out. Clearly the team was never interested in him, they just wanted to fly in another QB to watch RG3 work out. Yup.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/reports-colin-kaepernick-wants-to-be-a-seahawk-visit-didnt-include-a-workout/

9 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Fair enough. He visited the team, but didn't work out. Clearly the team was never interested in him, they just wanted to fly in another QB to watch RG3 work out. Yup.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/reports-colin-kaepernick-wants-to-be-a-seahawk-visit-didnt-include-a-workout/

why would you link an article when I knew that and told you that?

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

why would you link an article when I knew that and told you that?

Because the point you've been presenting in each of your posts so far is that no one has shown any interest in him whatsoever. Nobody has touched him with a ten foot pole, nobody has even tried to evaluate that he's worth signing. Considering you knew he visited the Seahawks along with RG3, you ought to admit that the Seahawks were interested in him. That they brought him to the facility but didn't even work him out says more about his physical condition than it does about blackballing. There's no other explanation for why they'd call him to Seattle at all if they had no interest.

You seem dead set on being upset though, so I'll get out of your way now.

30 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Because the point you've been presenting in each of your posts so far is that no one has shown any interest in him whatsoever. Nobody has touched him with a ten foot pole, nobody has even tried to evaluate that he's worth signing. Considering you knew he visited the Seahawks along with RG3, you ought to admit that the Seahawks got a look at him, and decided he wasn't even worth working out. There's no other explanation for why they'd call him to Seattle at all if they had no interest.

You seem dead set on being upset though, so I'll get out of your way now.

I have no idea what to assume since I do not know what happened in Seattle. They never worked him out.

The fact that you said no one has touched him with a ten foot pole shows that no team has had any real interest in him. You literally just said it in your post, lol.

I am not upset about it though. I have known what the NFL has been about for years. If anything, you all having this convo and fighting to say "no one will sign him because he sucks" while being okay with worse QBs than him being signed shows that what he did touched a nerve. There was a post in this thread that basically advocated for Europeans to be with their European brethren in Argentina and what not, and that was seemingly okay to many here.

I think it's pretty clear that what he did touched many nerves.  I haven't seen one person in here arguing that he's not signed solely because he sucks.  I think we're all of the opinion that he's not good enough to outweigh the distractions that come with signing him.  There are certainly QBs on rosters right now that Kaep is better than.  But nobody talks about those QBs and that's the way teams prefer it.  In fact, I think he'd be on a roster right now if not for the media's infatuation with him 'not' being on a roster.  The endless discussion about it has done nothing to help his cause and only further detracted anyone from bringing him in.

On 8/30/2017 at 9:52 AM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think it's pretty clear that what he did touched many nerves.  I haven't seen one person in here arguing that he's not signed solely because he sucks.  I think we're all of the opinion that he's not good enough to outweigh the distractions that come with signing him.  There are certainly QBs on rosters right now that Kaep is better than.  But nobody talks about those QBs and that's the way teams prefer it.  In fact, I think he'd be on a roster right now if not for the media's infatuation with him 'not' being on a roster.  The endless discussion about it has done nothing to help his cause and only further detracted anyone from bringing him in.

........aaaaaaaaand BOOM

On 8/30/2017 at 0:52 PM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

If he is signed to someone like hte Jaguars or the Browns or the Rams, then this is over.  Its only a story because he isnt signed somewhere. If he is signed somewhere, this is not talked about. It wasnt really talked about as the season was winding down.

He is being punished. That is why its a story.

On August 30, 2017 at 0:12 PM, BenningRoadSkin said:

I have no idea what to assume since I do not know what happened in Seattle. They never worked him out.

The fact that you said no one has touched him with a ten foot pole shows that no team has had any real interest in him. You literally just said it in your post, lol.

It is easy to understand what happened in Seattle unless you're just trying to be obtuse, which your posts pretty much speak for themselves.  They brought the guy in and had the typical meeting with him and his agent. They obvious didn't like how that meeting went, whether it was something they saw or heard, we may never know. But, they obviously felt there was no need at that point for a workout because they didn't feel he would be a fit.  It's not like this doesn't happen all the time around the NFL every offseason, so please don't try to argue it only happens for people who protest about freedoms while they praise the likes of Castro and glorify violence and other radicals and fascists with their wardrobe.

Your second point above is ridiculous. Maybe you should spend less time race baiting (so hypocritical with your white-faced avatar) and work on reading comprehension.   @NickyJ was being 100% sarcastic when he made the no one was touching him comment because he just proved that idea to be nonsense because Seattle brought him in.

10 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

If he is signed to someone like hte Jaguars or the Browns or the Rams, then this is over.  Its only a story because he isnt signed somewhere. If he is signed somewhere, this is not talked about. It wasnt really talked about as the season was winding down.

This would definitely not be over. Whichever team signed him would be dealing with media questions and speculations all season long, hence the point that has been tirelessly made about the distractions, baggage, and garbage he brings with him that outweigh this talents.  Have you never paid attention to sports media before and seen how they will rehash things for decades after the fact if they can get clicks and coverage (take a gander at reports about the Redskins and how they still report on the team as if it's 2000)?

You also keep quoting the line to posters about repeating what someone else said as if you are making a point by throwing some words back at them (and it doesn't fit what you are trying to argue anyway) when it was someone on the same side of the argument that threw that out there a few pages back. Again, comprehension and understanding of debate eludes you. I have a feeling you won't get anything said here, but do yourself a favor and keep it to yourself. Like @NickyJ, I'm not going to get in your way after this post. 

Black on Black crime vs. White on White crime....is really ignorance, relationships, and environment you're in.

"Not surprisingly, the Bureau of Justice Statistics shows that most people who are victims of violent crime are victimized by someone they know. In fact, almost every study ever done shows that crime is a socioeconomic phenomenon. Another Bureau of Justice Statistics report explicitly states that between 2008 and 2012, “Poor urban blacks (51.3 per 1,000) had rates of violence similar to poor urban whites (56.4 per 1,000).”

There is no such thing as “black-on-black crime”—just crime.

That’s right. White people kill white people. Black people kill black people. I know what you’re thinking: Yes, but black people do so disproportionately. You’re right—even though white people commit most violent crimes (which means that because of the raw numbers, if we had a choice between eliminating white-on-white crime or black-on-black crime, confronting white-on-white crime would pay far greater dividends)."

http://www.theroot.com/open-letter-to-white-people-who-are-obsessed-with-black-1790856298

8/4/16

13 hours ago, ClaytoAli said:

Black on Black crime vs. White on White crime....is really ignorance, relationships, and environment you're in.

"Not surprisingly, the Bureau of Justice Statistics shows that most people who are victims of violent crime are victimized by someone they know. In fact, almost every study ever done shows that crime is a socioeconomic phenomenon. Another Bureau of Justice Statistics report explicitly states that between 2008 and 2012, “Poor urban blacks (51.3 per 1,000) had rates of violence similar to poor urban whites (56.4 per 1,000).”

There is no such thing as “black-on-black crime”—just crime.

That’s right. White people kill white people. Black people kill black people. I know what you’re thinking: Yes, but black people do so disproportionately. You’re right—even though white people commit most violent crimes (which means that because of the raw numbers, if we had a choice between eliminating white-on-white crime or black-on-black crime, confronting white-on-white crime would pay far greater dividends)."

http://www.theroot.com/open-letter-to-white-people-who-are-obsessed-with-black-1790856298

8/4/16

I recall seeing the stat that whites kill other whites 80-something percent of the time, but it's never framed as "white on white crime".  So to further your point, it's just "crime".  

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

I recall seeing the stat that whites kill other whites 80-something percent of the time, but it's never framed as "white on white crime".  So to further your point, it's just "crime".  

Brown pigmented people (not Hispanic) make up 43 mil out of a US population of 327 mil.

Those same people have a higher crime rate, greater poverty rate, higher violent death rate, higher non-violent related death rate, poorer health, higher levels of pregnancy and abortion, lower education and high school graduation rate, lower asset ownership, and are often victims of financial abuse. This is predominately due the actions of familiar people of the same color and environment.

But this cycle is generationally repeated by the same people. It was created and is still supported by others to produce a low wage labor supply and reduce competition. 

As if we all didn't know this already, but then again - ignorance allows it to continue.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20597810/ray-lewis-said-baltimore-ravens-sign-colin-kaepernick-girlfriend-racist-tweet

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Ray Lewis said the Baltimore Ravens chose not to sign Colin Kaepernick after the quarterback's girlfriend posted a "racist" tweet featuring the former All-Pro linebacker and owner Steve Bisciotti.

"We were going to close the deal to sign him," Lewis said on Showtime's "Inside the NFL" on Tuesday night. "Steve Bisciotti said, 'I want to hear Colin Kaepernick speak to let me know that he wants to play football.'"

"And it never happens because that picture comes up the next day."

The Aug. 2 tweet by Nessa Diab compared a picture of Lewis hugging Bisciotti to a scene from "Django Unchained," where Samuel L. Jackson's loyal house slave held Leonardo DiCaprio's cruel plantation owner.

"His girl [Kaepernick's girlfriend] goes out and put out this racist gesture and doesn't know we are in the back office about to try to get this guy signed," Lewis said. "Steve Bisciotti has said it himself: 'How can you crucify Ray Lewis when Ray Lewis is the one calling for Colin Kaepernick?'"

Serves her right, IMO.  She thinks she can post away without consequence....well, she sabotaged the whole thing.  Hope she's worth it, Kap!  

She must be some spectacular talent cause Colin had no social conscious vibe before he started dating her.  None.  Obviously he's his own man and he can make his own decisions but she was pretty instrumental in turning him from a guy who'll do a Beats commercial into a social warrior.  

Also heard what Ray Lewis said and it completely sums up why no one will sign up. No one wants to put up that and bring the circus to town. What organization wants to be talking about controversial tweets all year instead of talking about football? None. So the Jets sign and start Kap and win 4 games this year instead of 2... not worth it.

3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20597810/ray-lewis-said-baltimore-ravens-sign-colin-kaepernick-girlfriend-racist-tweet

Serves her right, IMO.  She thinks she can post away without consequence....well, she sabotaged the whole thing.  Hope she's worth it, Kap!  

She must be some spectacular talent cause Colin had no social conscious vibe before he started dating her.  None.  Obviously he's his own man and he can make his own decisions but she was pretty instrumental in turning him from a guy who'll do a Beats commercial into a social warrior.  

You know this story can't be true, right?  I mean, I keep hearing that no one brought him in; no one even gave him a chance.  Oh, but the Seattle gets mentioned. But not Baltimore.  Definitely not another team was going to give him a chance because he is being blackballed.  It' a racist conspiracy by the NFL owners.  They all decided to shun Kap, the great QB, because he is a "patriot."  /sarcastic rant.

1 hour ago, Taylor 36 said:

You know this story can't be true, right?  I mean, I keep hearing that no one brought him in; no one even gave him a chance.  Oh, but the Seattle gets mentioned. But not Baltimore.  Definitely not another team was going to give him a chance because he is being blackballed.  It' a racist conspiracy by the NFL owners.  They all decided to shun Kap, the great QB, because he is a "patriot."  /sarcastic rant.

The Ravens were indeed about ready to sign him. They didn't need to bring him in since John has direct access to his old coach and brother, Jim. There were solid a rumors a deal was about to get done and then all the sudden it dropped. It appears we now know why. I'm not going to disagree with you about other owners, but he had a legit shot there. 

1 hour ago, Busch1724 said:

The Ravens were indeed about ready to sign him. They didn't need to bring him in since John has direct access to his old coach and brother, Jim. There were solid a rumors a deal was about to get done and then all the sudden it dropped. It appears we now know why. I'm not going to disagree with you about other owners, but he had a legit shot there. 

I think you missed the part where I was being sarcastic. :) 

On 9/1/2017 at 9:12 PM, BenningRoadSkin said:

I completely disagree.

We have a predatory media who stirs up controversy as a means to exist. 

Sign Kaep, and they come in droves. 

Now, aside from the fact that your backup quarterback (who you should rarely ever hear from) will be under ridiculous scrutiny by media outlets who have many many many pounds of flesh they can cut from this to sustain millions of clicks and viewers...  the next logical step is that all 52 of the other players WILL be asked what they think of Kaepernick being on the team, whether or not they agree with his stance, and whether they support it.

Most of them will give the pat answer.

But find one of them who says he doesn't support Kaep's actions or his stance. The media will actively hunt down anyone who will disagree. That player, the one who says no, Kaep disrespected the flag..  he is GOLD to them. Suddenly he becomes scrutinized, and he becomes a polarizing figure in the locker room whether he likes it or not, he becomes the face of the "other side". Now those questions come even harder and faster and everyone in the locker room will choose a side, whether they DO or not..  the media will place the brand on the player based on what he says,, or doesn't say. Fair? Doesn't matter. ClickClickClickClickCha-Ching.

Think that won't blow up? Again, very naive to believe that it wouldn't, and that they wouldn't actively try to create such a scene..

Media salivates over this. Soon the locker room will find the media and other forces trying to divide the locker room, and no matter how that plays out, it will be perceived as a racial divide, with the media and other forces actively driving the wedges for their own agendas..  be it clicks or protests. Forget the season, and forget next season, and probably the one after that, because depending on the divide they may have to replace almost everyone. And divides that go that way.. they aren't resolved quietly. they are not reasonable, and the sides that draw up spend more time yelling and pointing than ever trying to progress to a solution.

Social media will just exacerbate the problem.

All of these scenarios are not just possible, they are probable. The risk does not outweigh what he can bring to a team. As a backup, all he is expected to bring is the ability to step in if needed, and to stay out of the way until then. Kaep may try his best to do exactly this, but those outside factors will not let him try to quietly be a backup quarterback.

But to think it's  only disagreement with his stance is to ignore the real world realities we live under now. Public life more than ever is a fishbowl, and his fishbowl is magnified tenfold, and charged up to explode at the slightest provocation.

A team owner could agree 100000%, and still deem him not worth the risk of what will likely occur to the team as a result of his presence.

In terms of the NFL, Kaep is a martyr. His career is most likely over. He should run for office. He really should. He's smart, he's articulate, he's passionate and he cares. He could do some good.

~Bang

14 minutes ago, Bang said:

Soon the locker room will find the media and other forces trying to divide the locker room, and no matter how that plays out, it will be perceived as a racial divide, with the media and other forces actively driving the wedges for their own agendas..  be it clicks or protests

this is why I dont believe  this.

The 49ers players voted Kaepnerick their most courageous teammate of the year, and last year was the height of the "controversy."

If the players are not affected by it, and they are who we are afraid of with the "distractions," then who is being bothered?

I do agree that his career is over though.

Archived