Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Colin Kaepernick protests anthem due to treatment of minorities

zoony

On 9/29/2016 at 10:20 AM, Ray-Ban Dan said:

And wouldn't be much of a problem at all if people would follow instructions.

How many of these shootings would have even taken place if a suspect didn't assault the cop/go for his weapon, point something at a cop in a shooting stance, refuse to drop a gun, etc...

They Still would have taken place regardless. Your ignorant statement goes to the root of the issue. If less people think like you just demonstrated ( especially police) we would not be having this discussion. Fact is police brutality is nothing new right on back to the days on the plantation the difference is media sensationalism to dig into the emotions of the country and divide us again. Divide and Conquer. Its good that the topic is being brought too light just in the wrong fashion by the media.

To say Colin do it somewhere else is another way of saying do It in a way i can ignore it. The same attitude that's at the root of the problem. 

If police weren't made into land pirates there would be less fear led aggression by everyone in this country not just the indigenous people. 

I for one would like the national anthem changed. Understanding of the history and reading the rest of the national anthem being the reason why.

1 hour ago, SkinsManNJ said:

They Still would have taken place regardless. Your ignorant statement goes to the root of the issue. If less people think like you just demonstrated ( especially police) we would not be having this discussion. 

Are you serious? You're telling me Michael Brown, if he had just decided to get out of the road, as the cop instructed, he would have still gotten shot? You DO know the reason he was shot was because he assaulted the cop AND went for his gun, right? 

And you think the black cop would have still shot Keith Scott if he had dropped his gun, as instructed? Seriously? You DO realize his wife was a matter of feet from him, recording them, and the cops knew this? So you honestly think Scott still gets shot if he drops his weapon?...

Don't tell me you think those cops in El Cajon still shoot the guy if he doesn't aim at them in a shooting stance? What do you base this nonsense on?  But I'M making "ignorant" statements?!?!...Riiight.:rolleyes:

7 hours ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

Are you serious? You're telling me Michael Brown, if he had just decided to get out of the road, as the cop instructed, he would have still gotten shot? You DO know the reason he was shot was because he assaulted the cop AND went for his gun, right? 

And you think the black cop would have still shot Keith Scott if he had dropped his gun, as instructed? Seriously? You DO realize his wife was a matter of feet from him, recording them, and the cops knew this? So you honestly think Scott still gets shot if he drops his weapon?...

Don't tell me you think those cops in El Cajon still shoot the guy if he doesn't aim at them in a shooting stance? What do you base this nonsense on?  But I'M making "ignorant" statements?!?!...Riiight.:rolleyes:

Yes you are. The mike Brown situation is not clear cut and dry as is sounds. That was case of word vs word. Cop wins because of position he holds and no video. Either way Brown had no weapon for the Cop to even remotely fear for his life. Over kill. How about the guy who was tending to his special needs person who gets down on the ground hands up and still gets shot in the leg. Or the fella who was instructed to get his license as he did cop shot him multiple times. That was doing what he said. Its ok to kill someone for non criminal act? Eric Garner. That's ok though right? Or for a cop to beat up an old man who could barely walk. Or the white cop who shot and killed a white man for no reason. Or the black cop who shot and killed a white man. Plus many others. Cops are entirely to trigger happy. Its not a black white issue. Its a blue verse everyone else issue. Just because someone with a darker complexion has a platform and way to bring it to light should not be blasted because people want to ignore what's happening and don't like that he took that away by using the nfl as his platform.

2 hours ago, SkinsManNJ said:

Yes you are. The mike Brown situation is not clear cut and dry as is sounds. That was case of word vs word. Cop wins because of position he holds and no video. Either way Brown had no weapon for the Cop to even remotely fear for his life. Over kill. 

You have no clue what you're talking about. There were two separate investigations, and the Department of Justice ultimately exonerated him. It wasn't a word for word case. He wasn't convicted because the EVIDENCE pointed to it being a justifiable shooting. When the cop tried to arrest him (for stealing), he not  only resisted, but he punched the cop and went for his revolver. This was all proven. It doesn't matter that he didn't have a weapon. He was considerably larger than the cop, plus he ASSAULTED the cop AND tried to go for his gun (his DNA was on the gun).

4 hours ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

You have no clue what you're talking about. There were two separate investigations, and the Department of Justice ultimately exonerated him. It wasn't a word for word case. He wasn't convicted because the EVIDENCE pointed to it being a justifiable shooting. When the cop tried to arrest him (for stealing), he not  only resisted, but he punched the cop and went for his revolver. This was all proven. It doesn't matter that he didn't have a weapon. He was considerably larger than the cop, plus he ASSAULTED the cop AND tried to go for his gun (his DNA was on the gun).

The stealing occurred days before. Again the system is fixed to make up what they want. I've been witness and victim of it so you can't tell me different. It was word vs word because that's all there was to rely on. They didn't accept the witnesses story and mike couldn't tell his side for obvious reasons. so because he was a cop with a whole team behind him to make the story believable. Even "grabbing" for his revolver isn't enough to shoot him dead. As he obviously gained control of his gun. If he truly felt compelled to discharge his weapon didn't have too shoot too kill. How easy is it to put his DNA on the weapon especially when your comrades are in charge of scene. Cmon man.

1 hour ago, SkinsManNJ said:

The stealing occurred days before. Again the system is fixed to make up what they want. I've been witness and victim of it so you can't tell me different. It was word vs word because that's all there was to rely on. They didn't accept the witnesses story and mike couldn't tell his side for obvious reasons. so because he was a cop with a whole team behind him to make the story believable. Even "grabbing" for his revolver isn't enough to shoot him dead. As he obviously gained control of his gun. If he truly felt compelled to discharge his weapon didn't have too shoot too kill. How easy is it to put his DNA on the weapon especially when your comrades are in charge of scene. Cmon man.

Once again, you are showing how clueless you are about this case. Brown stole the cigars minutes prior to his death, not "days before". And this wasn't a case of "word for word" so get off of that BS. It came down to forensics plus witness statements (credible witnesses, not idiots that lied about Brown having his hands up) that led to the officer not being charged. They didn't accept he had his hands up, because the autopsy and forensics (facts) proved that it was impossible, based on the trajectory of the bullets that entered Brown's body.

And yes, Brown attempting to grab the officer's gun was PLENTY reason to shoot him. Especially when he had also PUNCHED him as well. There isn't a cop alive that wouldn't have shot him. It's called defending yourself. If you go for an officer's weapon, you deserve whatever outcome you get. Period.

And really, you're going with the "they must have planted his dna" spill? That's a huge problem with all these cases. Some people refuse to wait for the "facts" to come out. And once it's proven that the shooting/killing is justified, you STILL refuse to accept it. There is NEVER any accountability from one side in these shootings. Ever. And that's why they will continue to happen. That's what I was referring to earlier. If Brown had just gotten out of the middle of the road, the worst that would have happened is he would have been charged with a petty theft. If Scott had just dropped his gun, the worst thing that happens is he's charged with possession of marijuana and possessing a stolen gun. If the guy in El Cajon had not decided to point at the cops in a shooting stance, he possibly is just questioned and sent on his way, etc

Just now, Ray-Ban Dan said:

And wouldn't be much of a problem at all if people would follow instructions.

How many of these shootings would have even taken place if a suspect didn't assault the cop/go for his weapon, point something at a cop in a shooting stance, refuse to drop a gun, etc...

For some strange reason some people think "resisting arrest" is not a crime. If a cop tells you to stop or lie down or put your hands up and you refuse then you are resisting arrest. If a person resists arrest a cop can assume that the suspect will use force and harm him and if a cops health or life is threatned then the cop can use DEADLY FORCE to protect himself. Unforfunally there are a lot of people with mental problems that cannot understand what the arresting cop is telling them so the situation escaletes when it did not have to go that far. Case where cops told a biker to stop. He didn't so they shot him. Turned out the biker was def and never heard the command.

1 hour ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

For some strange reason some people think "resisting arrest" is not a crime. If a cop tells you to stop or lie down or put your hands up and you refuse then you are resisting arrest. If a person resists arrest a cop can assume that the suspect will use force and harm him and if a cops health or life is threatned then the cop can use DEADLY FORCE to protect himself. Unforfunally there are a lot of people with mental problems that cannot understand what the arresting cop is telling them so the situation escaletes when it did not have to go that far. Case where cops told a biker to stop. He didn't so they shot him. Turned out the biker was def and never heard the command.

I agree, man. It's like these people think cops go around singling out black males to shoot for no reason at all. Actions have consequences. 

What's worse, you have people like SkinsManNJ saying things like "that cop didn't have to shoot to kill", when in fact Mike Brown escalated things by assaulting the cop AND going for the cop's gun. It's mind-boggling, the world some of these folks live in.

Just now, Ray-Ban Dan said:

I agree, man. It's like these people think cops go around singling out black males to shoot for no reason at all. Actions have consequences. 

What's worse, you have people like SkinsManNJ saying things like "that cop didn't have to shoot to kill", when in fact Mike Brown escalated things by assaulting the cop AND going for the cop's gun. It's mind-boggling, the world some of these folks live in.

That is right on and it seems that the people complaining do not put themselves in the cops position. What would you do if you were a cop, and you got a call a store was held up? You answer the call and you have a wife and kids depending on you at home and some thug tries to put your lights out. Oh, his life matters but the cops don't? When I first saw M Brown in the film where he was roughing up a helpless store owner I thought, "why wasn't that guy working at a construction job instead of doing petty crimes?" Big problem in America is that young black men have a over approx 20% unemployment rate. Another problem the politicans never seem to fix. If Colin was complaining about that problem then I could get on board. A idle mind is the devil's workshop.

56 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

That is right on and it seems that the people complaining do not put themselves in the cops position. What would you do if you were a cop, and you got a call a store was held up? You answer the call and you have a wife and kids depending on you at home and some thug tries to put your lights out. Oh, his life matters but the cops don't? When I first saw M Brown in the film where he was roughing up a helpless store owner I thought, "why wasn't that guy working at a construction job instead of doing petty crimes?" Big problem in America is that young black men have a over approx 20% unemployment rate. Another problem the politicans never seem to fix. If Colin was complaining about that problem then I could get on board. A idle mind is the devil's workshop.

6 hours ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:
6 hours ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

Once again, you are showing how clueless you are about this case. Brown stole the cigars minutes prior to his death, not "days before". And this wasn't a case of "word for word" so get off of that BS. It came down to forensics plus witness statements (credible witnesses, not idiots that lied about Brown having his hands up) that led to the officer not being charged. They didn't accept he had his hands up, because the autopsy and forensics (facts) proved that it was impossible, based on the trajectory of the bullets that entered Brown's body.

And yes, Brown attempting to grab the officer's gun was PLENTY reason to shoot him. Especially when he had also PUNCHED him as well. There isn't a cop alive that wouldn't have shot him. It's called defending yourself. If you go for an officer's weapon, you deserve whatever outcome you get. Period.

And really, you're going with the "they must have planted his dna" spill? That's a huge problem with all these cases. Some people refuse to wait for the "facts" to come out. And once it's proven that the shooting/killing is justified, you STILL refuse to accept it. There is NEVER any accountability from one side in these shootings. Ever. And that's why they will continue to happen. That's what I was referring to earlier. If Brown had just gotten out of the middle of the road, the worst that would have happened is he would have been charged with a petty theft. If Scott had just dropped his gun, the worst thing that happens is he's charged with possession of marijuana and possessing a stolen gun. If the guy in El Cajon had not decided to point at the cops in a shooting stance, he possibly is just questioned and sent on his way, etc

It was word vs word they deemed no-one else had better testimony (on either side) than the officer. Fear for his safety I fully understand. Back up is on the way. Shoot to kill with someone who is unarmed is excessive. I've seen plenty cops choose not to shoot and kill even after being knocked out. Going for his weapon story I don't buy. Again he will say what ever here has to to justify what he did. The officer was also caught lying in his testimony. Does he not have hand to hand combat training? 

You live in this fantasy world that police and their cohorts tell the truth. Shoot to kill is definitely an option at times but in Brown's case no. Scotts case yes. El Cajon don't know the details of that one.

Other ways to handle it. You have another fantasy that police are supposed to rule our lives in everything we do. Based from your argument. 

No accountability is right. Police are hardly ever are held accountable that's part of the problem also.

You also point out cases where the deceased where aggressive when there are many other cases where they weren't and still ended up dead or wounded. 

5 hours ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Brown didn't resist arrest as he wasnt under arrest in the first place. The cop could have waited for back up just in case things escalated. Many options by both could have been exercised to avoid the outcome. One person who resisted arrest was the man down in Fla. Jaywalking refused to give his name and was tased to hi hell. Still alive.

Woman ( white) jogger with headphones on in Texas jaywalked and was roughed up by cops. They couldnt see her headphones?

Cops escalate things much more than you think. They are trained to be aggressive vs assertive and cohercive.

2 hours ago, SkinsManNJ said:

Brown didn't resist arrest as he wasnt under arrest in the first place. The cop could have waited for back up just in case things escalated. Many options by both could have been exercised to avoid the outcome. 

This will likely be my last post to you, as it's clear you have no clue of even the most basic details of the Brown case.

The cop couldn't have waited for backup when he was ATTACKED while in his cruiser. I would ask if you knew this, but I already know the answer. He was punched in the face by a guy that was significantly bigger than him in height and weight. As he was being punched, Brown reached for the officer's gun. It was at that point that the officer fired his weapon. Do you now understand why it was impossible for the officer to wait for backup? He could have easily been KILLED, in doing so! Like 50yr said, when you don't follow commands, bad things tend to happen. Your thinking that the cop in this case wasn't justified in shooting Brown, is absurd.

1 hour ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

This will likely be my last post to you, as it's clear you have no clue of even the most basic details of the Brown case.

The cop couldn't have waited for backup when he was ATTACKED while in his cruiser. I would ask if you knew this, but I already know the answer. He was punched in the face by a guy that was significantly bigger than him in height and weight. As he was being punched, Brown reached for the officer's gun. It was at that point that the officer fired his weapon. Do you now understand why it was impossible for the officer to wait for backup? He could have easily been KILLED, in doing so!

Again he could have done what most cops do when they see the suspect in question watched and waited for back up. Don't try to tell Me he couldn't do that. I watch it happen on the daily. He also didn't have to hit him with his door in which it either bounced back or Mike pushed it back and then everything else ensued from there. You need to understand the boys in blue will lie to protect their own. 

Fyi my cousin is a retired state trooper. He and i have chopped it up on this topic not just Mike Brown or the other aggressive ones who been shot.

As you choose to only use Mike Brown and a few other cases to try and paint all of the cop shootings as thugs getting what they deserve. What about the ones who flee? They pose no threat unless they change the narrative by resisting at that point. What about the ones who follow orders and still get shot? Or they should have just followed them better. By your logic.

Again I've witnessed first hand cops get knocked out guns reached for and still never shot anyone. Beat the breaks off him afterwards but he is still alive and still in prison. Regardless of what you think there were other ways to avoid that specific outcome.

Stop trying to turn this into a MB discussion because there is more than his case that this protest is about.

20 minutes ago, SkinsManNJ said:

Again he could have done what most cops do when they see the suspect in question watched and waited for back up. Don't try to tell Me he couldn't do that. I watch it happen on the daily. He also didn't have to hit him with his door in which it either bounced back or Mike pushed it back and then everything else ensued from there. You need to understand the boys in blue will lie to protect their own. 

So what you're saying is, it was the cop's fault that Brown died, and not, Brown, the guy that assaulted and tried to grab said cop's gun, all because he asked Brown to get out of the middle of the road? Gotcha.:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

So what you're saying is, it was the cop's fault that Brown died, and not, Brown, the guy that assaulted and tried to grab said cop's gun, all because he asked Brown to get out of the middle of the road? Gotcha.:rolleyes:

1st he didn't ask him to get out the road as you try to make it sound like he was being polite about it. 2nd I Didn't say that at all...what i said was they BOTH could have taken different steps to avoid that result. Brown could have just kept his mouth shut when the cop spoke to him. The cop might have used the wrong tone to get the response MB gave him. MB shouldn't have stolen in the first place. The cop could have observed until back up arrived. Cop didn't have to hit him with door. Etc etc. 

I don't know what your obsession with this particular case is but this isnt the end all be all on over aggressive police. The media is taking what has been going on for centuries as a means to get a race war started.  A tactic in divide and Conquer. Open your eyes man. Its bigger than MB. Look where we are headed. Police getting militarized and more aggressive training no more true police community relations. Its not a black white issue its a Corporate police  vs you issue. With in those confines the black white issues come. 

But you go ahead and keep ignoring what's going on and stick with the program of all blacks are thugs and deserve to die as per your generalization of all the police shootings. Hope that's not how you really feel But that's how those statements come across to me. Peace man hopefully you'll see the light not just these few cases. That you love to use to really prove nothing besides you don't really deal with police. Wish i was that lucky.

On 10/1/2016 at 11:56 PM, SkinsManNJ said:

Skins, you used the phrases "all cop shootings" and "all blacks are thugs" as if someone is saying all cop shootings are justified. Nobody is saying that. You saying that isn't helping. 

And you're talking about the Michael Brown case and why it's discussed, but this is exactly why it's brought up- because 'all cop shootings' are not the same. They're not all unjustified (nor are they justified, which should be obvious, yet but has to be said, lest you assume otherwise).

Yet the Brown case is still spoken of like its exactly the same as the Walter Scott shooting (which isn't talked about nearly as much, yet is an obviously unjustified shooting). These shootings are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

And when the Brown shooting is continually brought up as an unjustified shooting, one need not wonder why people question the integrity of the protesters. It cheapens the message.

I realize the methods of some groups or individuals is bomb throwing propaganda- bringing attention to an issue 'by any means necessary' as it were. Now that the attention is there, there should be discussion and an effort to find real solutions.

Legitimate police brutality is a subject worthy of discussion but it has to be done honestly if any progress is to be made. 

5 hours ago, grego said:

Skins, you used the phrases "all cop shootings" and "all blacks are thugs" as if someone is saying all cop shootings are justified. Nobody is saying that. You saying that isn't helping. 

And you're talking about the Michael Brown case and why it's discussed, but this is exactly why it's brought up- because 'all cop shootings' are not the same. They're not all unjustified (nor are they justified, which should be obvious, yet but has to be said, lest you assume otherwise).

Yet the Brown case is still spoken of like its exactly the same as the Walter Scott shooting (which isn't talked about nearly as much, yet is an obviously unjustified shooting). These shootings are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

And when the Brown shooting is continually brought up as an unjustified shooting, one need not wonder why people question the integrity of the protesters. It cheapens the message.

I realize the methods of some groups or individuals is bomb throwing propaganda- bringing attention to an issue 'by any means necessary' as it were. Now that the attention is there, there should be discussion and an effort to find real solutions.

Legitimate police brutality is a subject worthy of discussion but it has to be done honestly if any progress is to be made. 

When i was talking about the generalizing of "all" cop shootings and blacks being thugs that was referring to how ray ban and 50yr were making it sound like that was their thought process was from their responses. 

I agree with what you said. I also want people to see the bigger picture of what's being sold to us is a race war when that's not the case at all. Its a militarized corporate police vs the everyday man/woman. Police don't realize either due to indoctrinated training. 

Funny last night I was reading MLK I have a dream speech and the things he spoke about in it are the same problems of today. His dream is getting closer but still so far away. Like i said before the shootings arent anything new since slavery. 

More attention is a good thing to subject to try and get some love and understanding to help gain peace. A different type of training for police can go along way. Police are trained to be aggressive in order to gain voluntary compliance at all costs. Especially if you try to exercise your God given Constitutionally protected rights. Right to life being the most basic should be the most safeguarded. 

11 minutes ago, SkinsManNJ said:

When i was talking about the generalizing of "all" cop shootings and blacks being thugs that was referring to how ray ban and 50yr were making it sound like that was their thought process was from their responses. 

I agree with what you said. I also want people to see the bigger picture of what's being sold to us is a race war when that's not the case at all. Its a militarized corporate police vs the everyday man/woman. Police don't realize either due to indoctrinated training. 

Funny last night I was reading MLK I have a dream speech and the things he spoke about in it are the same problems of today. His dream is getting closer but still so far away. Like i said before the shootings arent anything new since slavery. 

More attention is a good thing to subject to try and get some love and understanding to help gain peace. A different type of training for police can go along way. Police are trained to be aggressive in order to gain voluntary compliance at all costs. Especially if you try to exercise your God given Constitutionally protected rights. Right to life being the most basic should be the most safeguarded. 

I hear this all the time that police need different training to deal with black males. And that's complete BS. How about not resisting arrest, or obey their commands? It's not that difficult. Even in the case in Tulsa, Crutcher didn't follow simple instructions. Had he done so, Betty wouldn't have even been put in a position to shoot him. Or the guy in SC. Why would you start running away from a cop when he's instructing you not to?

Now, obviously in both of these cases, the shootings weren't justified. Just pointing out that both of these guys would still be alive had they followed instructions.

And so would Mike Brown. So would the guy in El Cajon. So would Keith Scott, in Charlotte...

25 minutes ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

I hear this all the time that police need different training to deal with black males. And that's complete BS. How about not resisting arrest, or obey their commands? It's not that difficult. Even in the case in Tulsa, Crutcher didn't follow simple instructions. Had he done so, Betty wouldn't have even been put in a position to shoot him. Or the guy in SC. Why would you start running away from a cop when he's instructing you not to?

Now, obviously in both of these cases, the shootings weren't justified. Just pointing out that both of these guys would still be alive had they followed instructions.

And so would Mike Brown. So would the guy in El Cajon. So would Keith Scott, in Charlotte...

Never said they need better training to deal with black male's. You need too learn to read a little better. Again police are trained too be aggressive to gain voluntary compliance. This fact you seem to choose to ignore. Come off the BS that I'm saying cops need to learn how to deal with black male's better. Doubt that would happen anyway. They need to learn how to deal with people overall. 

Some other BS you need to get off of is acting like the police are the supreme authority when they aren't. They are first responders for emergencies. Unless they are acting under corporate authority.  They work for an administrative agency which means no true authority Unless acting under oath. Which means safeguard our liberties.

Follow instructions? you have a 4th and 5th amendment right to exercise which cannot be abridged. There are also statues that are on par with 4th.

So you Damn right there needs to be a retaining of police instead of making them drones. Police community relations used to be exercised on a daily basis now its once a year. Police never used to train with foreign military now they do. They weren't trained to be a killing machine now they are like they are marines.

Did they have to act in the manners they did hell no they would still possibly be alive. 

I love how you ignore the stories on the ones who "followed directions" and still get shot.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000719250/article/colin-kaepernick-to-start-at-quarterback-for-49ers

After a four-game losing streak with Blaine Gabbert at the helm -- a stretch where the former first-round pick threw for just four touchdowns and six interceptions and posted an average passer rating of 65.1 -- the team is making a change, Chip Kelly announced on Tuesday. Kelly and the staff met earlier in the day to discuss a potential quarterback swap.

Kelly said that the move had nothing to do with Kaepernick's soon-to-be altered contract status, which should negate some of the balky injury guarantees in his previous long-term deal. Kaepernick said Tuesday to reporters that his contract is still being worked on. NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported that he's expected to sign the new deal before he steps on the field.

When asked about reassuming the starting position in San Francisco, Kaepernick said, "I'm excited and ready to go."

*click link for more*

• 3 weeks later...

Well, what about last season, and the season before that?
Fact; people lie, especially about their crusades. Everybody is a crusader for justice, til they called onto the floor, and then they are usually the typical lazy internet fluffer that many people are.

the NFL's ratings have been on a steady slide, and while protests may have turned a small small small percentage away, I think the number of them who actually DO boycott is MUCH smaller than the number who SAY they will, get all up in arms, and then watch anyway.

But there weren't any protests last year, and ratings dropped consistently. And the slide began in earnest the year before that.

Coincidentally,, the all-season-long thursday night game began,,  we get bad matchups, oversaturation, and a watered down over-officiated product.

28 games have been played so far on TNF, SNF, and MNF (includes the 3 London games).. of those games, 9 of them feature AFC South teams with a losing record, and 4 of them feature the horrible Chicago Bears. 13 out of 28 .. nearly half of these typically marquee ratings inspired matchups are with teams no one cares about, and do not win. (Now, the world Series crushing dallas / Philly.. that is interesting. Dallas / Phily is always a highly rated game,, but got smoked by the Series the other night.)

On Sundays, the Red Zone is driving people to view from a different platform that is NOT recognized by Neilsen to individual game ratings. People are viewing online via NFL Mobile, and other apps that show games outside of the Neilsen ratings scope. This is why folks are looking so hard at the marquee games,, the night games that do not have competing games or viewing platforms. And we get crap matchups. 

And of course, the 49ers have spent the last 3 years jettisoning everyone who could play football, firing coaches and hiring idiots, building a new stadium within all of this and jacking up the price  so much that they have been named the Worst Sports Franchise in the World by Fox sports.
But it's probably Kaep's protest keeping people from wasting their money in that stadium. And last year it was because they knew what he was going to do this year. And the year before that is because they knew he would do this in 2 years.

Except it's not.

~Bang

On 11/2/2016 at 0:41 PM, Bang said:

Well, what about last season, and the season before that?
Fact; people lie, especially about their crusades. Everybody is a crusader for justice, til they called onto the floor, and then they are usually the typical lazy internet fluffer that many people are.

~Bang

I'm not saying I buy it; I was just pointing out the poll.  I thought it might add to the discussion.  I happen to think that the decline in ratings is due to many factors, but i think that deflategate opened up even the most casual fans' eyes to the abusive use of power of the league, especially it power-hungry commissioner, and that has had more of an effect this year, along with the over-officiating and inconsistencies of officiating during the games.

Archived