Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Comprehensive NFL Draft Thread

Dukes and Skins

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe, but why take a chance on it?  There are other fishes in the sea.   And according to some of his critics part of his problem is he doesn't take to coaching well.  So Tomsula taking over this dude and transforming him like its the Karate Kid -- I wonder if the student is willing enough or smart enough (bad Wonderlic score) to succeed -- including Cooley say he had bad technique and doesn't come off like a guy who is smart as to how he approaches the game.

And teams have a lot more information on this guy than we do.  If this guy is this bonanza player that you just got to tweek a little -- wouldn't the dude by zooming up, not inching down on the draft boards as the draft approaches?   Maybe he quietly is and it would be one of the surprises of the draft, will see. 

Cooley's views on 'immaturity' I personally take with a MASSIVE pinch of salt.. 

Hell of a player. But FAR from the hardest worker/ study in the room. 

Hail. 

10 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That reminds me we should all tomorrow (like last season) give our final picks, maybe even add who we don't want.   See who gets the guy they want.

I'm going to assume Adams, Thomas, Garrett, Fournette, and Hooker are all of the board.

My wish list is the same as it was in January:

If we think a deal with Kirk is a long shot:

1 - Watson

If we think a deal is going to get done

1 - McCaffrey

2 - McDowell

3 - Peppers

4 - Williams

Guys I would be perfectly fine with at 17 instead

1 - Foster

2 - Lamp

4 - Allen

5 - Howard

6 - Humphrey

7 - Davis

Guys I could live with at 17, but who would make me nervous

1 - Ross

2 - Charlton

3 - Ramczyk

4 - Cook

5 - Reddick

6 - Watt

Do not want

1 - Barnett

2 - Mixon

3 - Brantley

God steve, if we either took Charlton, who's nowhere near ready to start the pros, as good a prospect as he may become 2 or 3 years in; or worse, the kid out of UCON who's a World class body specimen but a third round talent at best at 17, I'd be seriously fuming. 

6 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Crazy?

Not crazy la. Utterly bat**** out of this World madness IMHO if the Browns pass up on Garrett. 

Hail. 

I'll play, since I may not be around most of the day or into the draft tonight to express my hopes and dreams ... among the players at least rumored to be available at #17 ...

Unlikely available:

1. Jonathan Allen, DL Alabama

2. Malik Hooker, FS Ohio State

3. Solomon Thomas, DL Stanford

Maybe there:

1. Hasaan Reddick, ILB Temple

2. Reuben Foster, ILB Alabama

3. Christian McCaffrey, RB Stanford

4. Dalvin Cook, RB FSU

5. OJ Howard, TE Alabama

Probably there:

1. Jarrad Davis, ILB Florida

2. Forrest Lamp, G WKU

3. TJ Watt, EDGE Wisco

4. Derek Barnett, EDGE Tennessee

5. Tak McKinley, EDGE UCLA

3 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Not crazy la. Utterly bat**** out of this World madness IMHO if the Browns pass up on Garrett. 

Hail. 

Oh, I agree 100% ... I actually think they take Garrett at #1 and trade back in to #4 or #5 from #12 to get Trubisky (still think that's a questionable move on their part) ... but the rumors of him going #1 this morning in the twitter sphere and Scheffer's eyeballs tweet make me wonder if there's some fire behind that smoke, 

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I'll play, since I may not be around most of the day or into the draft tonight to express my hopes and dreams ... among the players at least rumored to be available at #17 ...

Can I read it like this? 

4. Hasaan Reddick, ILB Temple

5. Reuben Foster, ILB Alabama

6. Christian McCaffrey, RB Stanford

7. Dalvin Cook, RB FSU

8. OJ Howard, TE Alabama

9. Jarrad Davis, ILB Florida

10. Forrest Lamp, G WKU

11. TJ Watt, EDGE Wisco

12. Derek Barnett, EDGE Tennessee

13 Tak McKinley, EDGE UCLA

3 minutes ago, fordranger76 said:

I think Taco is a 4-3 end. I think he would be perfect for a 4-3 team. I don't see him as an outside rusher or fitting in our system. Might just be me though. 

Agree. He played 3-4 end in 2015. Didn't work out. He also said that he didn't like it. He wants to go after the QB. He is better fit as 4-3 DE who goes after the QB. It's also a position he feels better about. 

TBH Allen makes me a little nervous too.  Slow for an end, small for a tackle.  Rarely saw a double.  The value is probably right at 17 but I just can't shake the feeling he'll end up being a JAG at the next level and better talent will go right behind us.  I hope somebody picks him before 17.

3 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Oh, I agree 100% ... I actually think they take Garrett at #1 and trade back in to #4 or #5 from #12 to get Trubisky (still think that's a questionable move on their part) ... but the rumors of him going #1 this morning in the twitter sphere and Scheffer's eyeballs tweet make me wonder if there's some fire behind that smoke, 

John Allen is the #1 player in this draft, not Garrett like all the mediots have been hounding on for months. Garrett is good, but Allen is better.

If Allen or Foster don't  fall to 17 I'm OK with Davin Cook at 17 or a trade down to land him. Explosive playmakers like him don't come along that often. I'm high on McCaffery as well but looks like he'll be a top 8 pick and out of our reach. Looks like Reddick will be gone as well. I say we trade out of 17 and acquire a additional 3rd rounder and use our 1st rounder on either D Cook, J Davis, McDowell, O. Melifonwu. In the 2nd round Ryan Anderson, Mixon (if we don't land Davin Cook), Wormley, Marcus Williams, M Adams. A lot depends on if QBs go earlier than our pick which would mean top 10 player has a greater chance to fall. Hope that the case.

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

With you on Trubisky. Although I think he's the best QB in the draft, Chad Kelly not withstanding but he's just bat **** crazy and may go undrafted, the dude has 13 starts.

That's a HELL of a gamble for me to move back up top 5. But that's the crazy value of the position. Teams are always searching for that one stud and Cleveland seem to be in love with him. 

Hail. 

21 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Cooley's views on 'immaturity' I personally take with a MASSIVE pinch of salt.. 

Hell of a player. But FAR from the hardest worker/ study in the room. 

Hail. 

Cooley didn't talk about immaturity.  The immaturity part was from just about everyone else.  Cooley like Gil Brandt talked about how he plays out of a high stance and that's difficult to change and that he comes off like he doesn't play with a game plan where he pays attention to what O lineman are trying to do to him.

To me again on McDowell, I'd feel better if he's drafted high tonight, which I think would be a bit of surprise considering the mocks.  But if he falls late first and 2nd -- I gather that scouts on teams don't see the dude as a great player who only needs to be tweaked a little and all is right.  I'd gather they see a dude that needs to be tweaked a lot. :)

11 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

Can I read it like this? 

4. Hasaan Reddick, ILB Temple

5. Reuben Foster, ILB Alabama

6. Christian McCaffrey, RB Stanford

7. Dalvin Cook, RB FSU

8. ****TRADE DOWN****

9. OJ Howard, TE Alabama

10. Jarrad Davis, ILB Florida

11. Forrest Lamp, G WKU

12. TJ Watt, EDGE Wisco

13. Derek Barnett, EDGE Tennessee

14. Tak McKinley, EDGE UCLA

I think we need impact players on both Offense and Defense. We just lost 2 1000 yd receivers and I think we had better find a way to replace their production. I want a impact RB like Cook if he is still their at 17. I think you will have to move up if you want one of the real good defenders in rd 1 and I do not see us doing that. Now if some guy like the LB from Ala falls to us then we take him at 17 but the Giants are looking for a RB also so Cook may go to them if we pass on him. Imagine Cook on that offense with OBJ? I would take Lamp with our 2nd and give serious thought to taking a chance with DB Conley. The kid seems too smart to rape someone a week before the draft and he is a top 10 talent at a position we need. A payoff to the young women should clear him and if we get Cook and Conley we would have 2 top 10 talents with a mid 1st and a mid 2nd. Great value.

Guys I want that I think at least 50-50 will be there at #17

1. Reuben Foster (if red flags check out)

2. Dalvin Cook

3. Jarrad Davis (love that he's a Mike LB, leader)

4. Derek Barnett (If they think he adjust well to a 3-4 scheme if not pass on him)

5. TJ Watt (I admit I haven't studied him much, but his highlights are energizing)

I'd put Reddick first but if there is anything to the buzz, he's going earlier.

Probably unrealistic but on some mocks he falls to #17 so maybe we get lucky

1.  Malik Hooker

2.  J. Adams

3.  Jonathan Allen

4.  Hasson Reddick

If they trade down to the mid 20's

1.  Dalvin Cook (he still be be there) or Joe Mixon, I'd be equally happy with either one.

2.  TJ Watt

3. Jarrad Davis

4. T. Bowser

5.  Budda Baker

6. C. Wormley

I am back and forth on and can't make up my mind

1. Takkarist McKinley (I picked him in GHH's mock, love the speed but is he too raw?)

2.  Christian McCaffrey (great player but I am not antsy for another passing weapon, he will be gone anyway before #17)

3. Taco Charlton:  I think he's a good player, but how does he fit into a 3-4?

Guys I don't want

1. Malik McDowell

2.  J. Peppers

3.  Charles Harris (I don't feel as strongly against him as the other two but his lack of raw speed worries me, plus is bad against the run)

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Cooley didn't talk about immaturity.  The immaturity part was from just about everyone else.  Cooley like Gil Brandt talked about how he plays out of a high stance and that's difficult to change and that he comes off like he doesn't play with a game plan where he pays attention to what O lineman are trying to do to him.

To me again on McDowell, I'd feel better if he's drafted high tonight, which I think would be a bit of surprise considering the mocks.  But if he falls late first and 2nd -- I gather that scouts on teams don't see the dude as a great player who only needs to be tweaked a little and all is right.  I'd gather they see a dude that needs to be tweaked a lot. :)

Cooley's was banging on the last time I heard him about McDowell's attitude and taking plays off. Which coming from the uber laid back, happy-go-lucky Chris Cooley who was FAR from the consummate pro I found a tad ironic. Although he did always go hard Sundays.  

Better hand placement and learning to use his power as much as his quickness would help there. I don't see how that's difficult to really change personally. Just better coaching on technique on where his pad level needs to be. But for someone that size, to have his ridiculous athletic gifts with a very good understanding as per his coaches of what it takes to play along the line on different schemes I personally don't think you can go that far wrong. 

Hail. 

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Guys I don't want

1. Malik McDowell

2.  J. Peppers

3.  Charles Harris (I don't feel as strongly against him as the other two but his lack of raw speed worries me, plus is bad against the run)

Completely with you on Peppers. He's a RB. Telling yer. ;) .

Xavier Woods. Everything as a DB Peppers wishes he was. 

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I think Dalvin Tomlinson is a 4 QT, every down NT and will be the next Ratliff in a 1 gap attacking 34.

Arguably the best 1 tech the entire class IMO. Be VERY happy to add either him, Ogonjobi or Wormley. 

Don't think any of them make it out of Round 2 given the drop off after. 

Hail. 

5 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

To be honest. I don't think we can mess up to bad this year. Yeah, with trade up...but the options for us are pretty good. See something in all does players. Not a lot of boom or bust. Could even life with a WR like Davis. 

When CC is running your draft, HELL YEAH he can screw it up. 

Just currently praying to all that is Holly that he gets some common sense before the draft starts. 

Hail. 

4 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Completely with you on Peppers. He's a RB. Telling yer. ;) .

Xavier Woods. Everything as a DB Peppers wishes he was. 

Arguably the best 1 tech the entire class IMO. Be VERY happy to add either him, Ogonjobi or Wormley. 

Don't think any of them make it out of Round 2 given the drop off after. 

Hail. 

I'd be ecstatic if we used our second on Tomlinson. Davis, Tomlinson, King, Maye, Kittle. Championship. 

1 minute ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Just currently praying to all that is Holly that he gets some common sense before the draft starts. 

Hail. 

To be fair, he likes to trade down and the first GrudAllen draft was pretty good.

1 minute ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Hail. 

Give me 5 names that would upset you? I find it hard to find 5 if I don't conside all the OT's (because chance we draft OT early seems to be 0.0001%)

Used to hate the draft. For years I swerved it like the plague. Bored the living piss out of me. Just checked in after it was done to see who I needed to check up after we'd taken them. 

BANG into it now like. Doing our mock has lead to a lot of that. As time consumingly tiring as it is. But I just enjoy the whole process and watching guys develop and move up and down through it all. 

Real exciting few days in store. I can't remember a class so stacked with such similar talent. You could quite probably get a very productive corner or receiver down in the late third/ fourth. 

Hail. 

Archived