Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Comprehensive NFL Draft Thread

Dukes and Skins

Since I'm an OU fan and watched all the games, I didn't bother watching Mixon highlights. So after watching Cook and McCaffrey videos I clicked on Mixon's. Damn I don't remember him being THAT good. If Cook and Mixon are there at 17...I'd like to trade back a few spots and hope one falls back. 

1 hour ago, actorguy1 said:

Your Pick 17 if the board set up this way

1. Myles Garrett

2.Jamal Adams

3.Marshon Lattimore

4.Jonathan Allen

5.Deshaun Watson

6.Mitchell Trubisky

7. Malik Hooker

8.Leonard Fournette

9. Solomon Thomas

10.Mike Williams

11. Derek Barnett

12. OJ Howard

13. Hasson Reddick

14.Christian McCaffery

15.Reuben Foster

16.Corey Davis

No decent trade down offers

Dalvin Cook or Jarrad Davis

17 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

LOL at Keim for back pedaling/justifying his meaningless TV mock draft choice.  Grow a pair. :)  

What worries me, is that the last time that Keim was harping endlessly on the Redskins wanting an edge rushers as Orakpo insurance, we ended up with the terrible Trent Murphy selection. Now he's hearing the same thing again, and the same dubious crew of Bruce and Scott Campbell are back running the show.

If these guys decide the severely flawed Harris is the best option they have at #17, their new reign will be off to a very unpromising start. I've never been even slightly impressed by Scott Campbell, but am willing to give him a clean slate after spending a few years under Scotty Mac... don't screw it up!!

11 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

Dalvin Cook or Jarrad Davis

I like both but forced to choose, Dalvin Cook.

3 minutes ago, Stormy said:

What worries me, is that the last time that Keim was harping endlessly on the Redskins wanting an edge rushers as Orakpo insurance, we ended up with the terrible Trent Murphy selection. Now he's hearing the same thing again, and the same dubious crew of Bruce and Scott Campbell are back running the show. If these guys decide the severely flawed Harris is the best option they have at #17, their new reign will be off the an unpromising start. I've never been even slightly impressed by Scott Campbell, but am willing to give him a clean slate after spending a few years under Scotty Mac... don't screw it up!!

Keim isn't a BSer so if he's saying the pick is predicated on what he's hearing from the Redskins, I believe it.  Now they can be purposely misleading Keim but who knows.  I was just listening to a segment from a Philly reporter who covers the Eagles, he is saying the Eagles love Harris and he thinks their pick might be him or Ross.  Mccaffrey if he drops but he doubts he does.

Keim has mentioned once on twitter and also in that article in potential interest in Reuben Foster.  Mike Jones said the same today.  There might be something to that.

The Charles Harris buzz around the league has been out there in recent days -- what its driven by, you got me.  

3 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

If we draft Harris or McDowell at 17, I will throw my TV out the window.

Sticking to all this late Charles Harris buzz, Mike Mayock just took him at #11 in his mock to the Saints.   I don't know if this Harris buzz that seems to be coming out of nowhere is real or agent driven, etc -- but if its real oddly enough the Redskins might not have the chance to even draft him. :)

1 hour ago, actorguy1 said:

1. Myles Garrett

2.Jamal Adams

3.Marshon Lattimore

4.Jonathan Allen

5.Deshaun Watson

6.Mitchell Trubisky

7. Malik Hooker

8.Leonard Fournette

9. Solomon Thomas

10.Mike Williams

11. Derek Barnett

12. OJ Howard

13. Hasson Reddick

14.Christian McCaffery

15.Reuben Foster

16.Corey Davis

No decent trade down offers

I would take Lamp if the draft fell this way. But it wont. Someone is going to fall. They always do.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sticking to all this late Charles Harris buzz, Mike Mayock just took him at #11 in his mock to the Saints.   I don't know if this Harris buzz that seems to be coming out of nowhere is real or agent driven, etc -- but if its real oddly enough the Redskins might not have the chance to even draft him. :)

Yea, and he just gave us Takk McKinnley.  The combination of Mayock (our future GM) and Keim (our most plugged in beat reporter) reaching for EDGE guys gives me a bad feeling.

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Yea, and he just gave us Takk McKinnley.  The combination of Mayock (our future GM) and Keim (our most plugged in beat reporter) reaching for EDGE guys gives me a bad feeling.

Which is why we really need foster or Reddick or the like to slide.  

5 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Growing smoke as to interest on Foster (maybe he falls) and McCaffrey (highly doubtful he falls) if they fall.  As Keim mentioned they spent some time on Cook so I see Cook as a possibility but still unlikely.  We've heard multiple times they like Reddick.  So maybe their board looks something like this for 17?

1.  McCaffrey

2.  Reddick

3.  Foster

4.  Harris or some other pass rusher they've kept under wraps

5.  Cook 

A league source told Profootballtalk.com that the "current buzz" is Ohio State CB Gareon Conley will slip into round three after he was accused of rape by a Cleveland woman this week.

It's better than not being drafted at all, of course, which became a distinct possibility when the allegations were made. Our takeaway from this report is that NFL teams are putting in time on Conley's situation and may be determining that they believe the allegations to be potentially false. Before being accused of the felony crime, Conley was a sure-fire first-round prospect.

The idea of drafting a slow, undersized  OLB with the 17th pick makes absolutely no sense to me.....I've advocated for Ryan Anderson, but he's a baller...a tone setter...a leader....and we're talking about the 49th pick possibly....not in the first round.

I also don't understand Takk at 17...he has the speed, but he's hurt and is undersized

Derek Barnett also scares me because of his size and speed combo.

3 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

The idea of drafting a slow, undersized  OLB with the 17th pick makes absolutely no sense to me.....I've advocated for Ryan Anderson, but he's a baller...a tone setter...a leader....and we're talking about the 49th pick possibly....not in the first round.

I also don't understand Takk at 17...he has the speed, but he's hurt and is undersized

Derek Barnett also scares me because of his size and speed combo.

Yea, honestly I'd rather reach on Watt or Jordan Willis if we're that desperate to reach for an EDGE guy at 17.  At least those guys have legitimately high ceilings.

I'd prefer not to reach at all though if there's a superior prospect on the board at another position. 

6 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Can you throw it in a box and mail it to me, so I can watch McDowell rag doll tackles for the next decade?

I think McDowell is the winner of the most polarizing prospect discussed here. :)  Funny he plays right into the boom-bust dialogue of the draft geeks about him.  Some say boom here, some say bust.  For me I cringe every time I see his name.  I don't think I've ever invested so much time knocking a prospect.  And some here love the dude.  So differing opinions.  No way to know whose right until next season.  He will be fun to watch for that reason alone. :)

That reminds me we should all tomorrow (like last season) give our final picks, maybe even add who we don't want.   See who gets the guy they want.

23 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

One could only hope.  That's a double-whammy in our favor.

Actually starting to buy into the idea that Fournette may fall.  All it could take is for Jax to pass him up.  Then the Jets, before Carolina...where it's  a toss up for him or McCaffrey.  Next would be the Browns at 12, & then maybe Baltimore.

Phi/NO i think are looking for more in the passing game from a RB, & so Fournette could easily get past them.  Pretty interesting if that happens.  Would have to think it a no-brainer at that point, no?

To the hypothetical above:

I would take Cunningham, Lamp, or Mixon, & wouldn't hate Jarrad Davis as the pick.  

This is part of what I posted yesterday. Yeah its pretty optimistic. But my feeling is 17 is a spot where reaching could be very likely. Lets not take the risk, trade back and acquire more picks. The second round looks to be stacked with solid football players. I want to see us active on Friday.

Round 1.

At pick #17. The Redskins trade down with Miami for pick #22, and second round pick #54

At pick #22. The Redskins trade down with Pitt for pick #30, and second round pick #62

At pick #30 the Washington Redskins select T.J Watt OLB

Round 2.

At pick #40 Chris Wormley is still avalible.. The redskins Trade picks #49 and a 5th round pick #154 to Carolina to move up 9 spots.

At pick #40 the Washington Redskins select Chris Wormley DE

At pick #54 the Washington Redskins select Ryan Anderson OLB

At pick #56 Dalvin Tomlinson is still avalible. The Redskins trade picks #62 and a 6th round pick #201 and a 7th round pick #235 to move up 6 spots.

At pick #56 the Washington Redskins select Dalvin Tomlinson DT.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I just noticed Mayock had Hooker dropping to #19.  Wow.  If for some bizarre reason Hooker falls like that tomorrow and they skip him, that would drive me nuts.  

My original crush. I'd **** if we sniffed hooker.

10 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Kinda like he rag dolled the Illini OL....Not. He got worked the entire game.

Wtf still says not? Lol

2 hours ago, actorguy1 said:

1. Myles Garrett

2.Jamal Adams

3.Marshon Lattimore

4.Jonathan Allen

5.Deshaun Watson

6.Mitchell Trubisky

7. Malik Hooker

8.Leonard Fournette

9. Solomon Thomas