Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Comprehensive NFL Draft Thread

Dukes and Skins

16 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Eh...I don't necessarily agree. Fournette is a hell of a back, someone who can carry the rock 25 times a game and someone you can build your offense around. Look at the impact Zeke had on Dallas. It would depend on what we traded up of course, but I wouldn't be that opposed to it. We need legit impact players.

XD I just don't think that move would be in the best interest for this team long term. RB''s don't win Super Bowls.

Time for me to get some quick sleep before draft. Good Luck with precies draft madness guys.

I remember being the only guy in an open air bar in Key West, during a down pour and a stolen bottle of rum, drunk for the first time in 8 months teetering on the verge of blacking out yet holding on and being completely filled with joy that Williams had somehow slipped to our pick at 5. Then, the sheer uncontrollable rage that swept over me when we skipped him for a ****ing guard.

This draft is quickly shaping up to be that kind of night and it is not okay.

How bad could this FO, without the guidance of our respectedly drunk ass GM, actually **** this up?

It's got that "about to play in the SB, but nobody can find Trent or Kirk in the building" kind of feel.

40 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That's really depressing. If you think the move is right (these one's clearly aren't), make it, if you don't, don't make it. the F.O. idiots should be more than capable of taking bad press, who cares if you stand by your move, if you're so insecure of a fan reaction that you might not make it, then you're completely incompetent and shouldn't be in your job in the first place. Stand by your moves and keep or lose your job based on the quality of said decisions. How hard is that really? 

Jimmy Johnson took a pilloring after the Walker deal because the press didn't know, nor understand the ramifications of the compensation package if players were cut, and so Jimmy was annihilated while the Vikes GM strutted about while having no clue that he'd lost the trade the second he signed off on it. I don't think Jimmy regrets the bad press in the slightest, I actually think he found it funny, then, and now. If our F.O. can't get that, as per usual, they need to be s canned. 

If we trade up for Fournette or McCaffrey I give up. Fournette is a supreme talent but this draft is loaded with talent at RB. And IMO McCaffrey isn't even any every down back. I hope this is just BS. And Peppers makes no sense. He's basically Cravens with a faster 40 time.

9 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I remember being the only guy in an open air bar in Key West, during a down pour and a stolen bottle of rum, drunk for the first time in 8 months teetering on the verge of blacking out yet holding on and being completely filled with joy that Williams had somehow slipped to our pick at 5. Then, the sheer uncontrollable rage that swept over me when we skipped him for a ****ing guard.

While I like Scherff and he did make the pro bowl..... 

I remember sitting in my living room being completely sober watching the draft and thanking God that Williams had fallen in our laps and repeating his name over and over - just waiting for the red headed devil to make it so and then...   Ugh... lol  

Thanks to this post I'm now full of fear that Foster, Allen and Reddick will all be available at 17 and we select a WR.

1 minute ago, Idaho fan said:

I remember sitting in my living room being completely sober watching the draft and thanking God that Williams had fallen in our laps and repeating his name over and over - just waiting for the red headed devil to make it so and then...   Ugh... lol  

Thanks to this post I'm now full of fear that Foster, Allen and Reddick will all be available at 17 and we select a WR.

We also could have had an All Pro pass rushing OLB in Beasley. I was practically screaming for them to take him at 5. 

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

If we trade up for Fournette or McCaffrey I give up. Fournette is a supreme talent but this draft is loaded with talent at RB. And IMO McCaffrey isn't even any every down back. I hope this is just BS. And Peppers makes no sense. He's basically Cravens with a faster 40 time.

Id be okay trading up for Fournette if he falls out of the Top 10. I think taking Mixon at #17 is a better value(maybe even a better player). But meh. Lets see what happens

2 minutes ago, ShredSkins said:

Id be okay trading up for Fournette if he falls out of the Top 10. I think taking Mixon at #17 is a better value(maybe even a better player). But meh. Lets see what happens

If Fournette fell to a couple spots above us I wouldn't freak out, I suppose. But I just don't see it as necessary when there are other incredibly talented backs like Mixon and Cook available. 

12 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

I remember watching that draft, us picking Scherff and realizing we could finally protect our QB.  We could finally become a stable team.  Since then - 2 winning seasons and a 3rd on the horizon.  HTTR.  PS - if Foster, Allen and Reddick  are available and we pick that WR that ran the 4.22, I will puke.

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sure.   Among the guys rumored that we like he's the one I personally like the least -- so I am gathering he's going to be the pick.  Heck as much as I've taken down McDowell here, the more I think about it, I'd take him over Peppers.  At least McDowell plays a major position of need.

See if we draft him then. I'll either offer my observations if that happens on how I see him or to you when someone else picks him. 

You want a safety in that mould though take a good look at Xavier Woods out of Louisiana Tech. Everything you'd think Peppers was for the hype but isn't. 

Hail. 

Alright fellas, we're a couple of hours away now so just like last draft I'm going to be locking this one up for the time being. 

Same deal, we want everyone to contribute in the "Official Draft Discussion" thread/s and we don't want pockets of discussion occurring in different places with some regulars only contributing to one thread versus the other. We want to be one big ES family. :) 

So head on over here (please make sure you read big red disclaimer at the end of OP):

• TSO locked this topic
  • TSO unlocked this topic
  • 3 months later...

Archived