Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CT.com: KFC's Secret Recipe Revealed!!?!

Dan T.

Made it tonight with skinless breasts-sans flour and the white pepper- in a nuwave oven. 

I can definitely see how it would be delicious fried -  lots of different flavors going on there. 

I'll definitely put it some thighs or season a whole chicken with it and try it again. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Had to run by a soul food joint and pick up some fried chicken, collards and mac n cheese. Had a gigantic piece of chocolate cake too. 

Which place?  I actually don't know if you're local to DC or not.  No corn bread? 

39 minutes ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

I've only eaten at Popeyes a few times, and I didn't come away overly impressed. What all are you guys getting that is so good?

Gotta go with the spicy

though, I'm not too big on fried chicken in general. But when I do I like Popeyes 

11 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Had to run by a soul food joint and pick up some fried chicken, collards and mac n cheese. Had a gigantic piece of chocolate cake too. 

Meat and Threes... The food of the Gods

We finally have some Popeye's down south, never did growing up.  So it was always KFC.  Matter of fact, I don't think I've had Popeye's before, if I did it might have been once on a trip to DC.  I haven't eaten KFC in years either.  

40 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Apparently, and tragically, you have never been to a Bojangles.

Bojangles is pretty good.  Back in college (97-98) I remember they used to sell buffalo hot wings.  They were on the smaller side, but still really good.  Was the only fast food place that sold them.  Not sure why they got rid of them.  

23 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

The KFC recipe hasn't actually remained un-changed after all these years, since Col. Sanders's days, no ?

I bet it's a shell of it's former self.

Just like the Coca Cola recipe doesn't remotely come close to the original ingredients.

Have no idea. Though truth be told,don't care much either. Was still good on a lazy night. :) 

Bojangles is okay. Back in the day, on Arena Drive before a game, my boy used to bring a box before 4 pm or night games. Guess when you've been drinking since 8 am, anything is good....

I had it recently when I went to South Carolina. Not that impressed. In all fairness, there was a dead guy outside the place.

Popeye's is the standard.

KFC, like someone said before is nostalgic in a few ways for me as well.

1 hour ago, Destino said:

So based on a quick internet search, none of those places (except Popeye's of course) are in Northern VA. 

Only Bojangles I know of is in Upper Marlboro MD.

We have a local place 2 miles from my house called Chaptico Market. Best fried chicken around.

Haven't been to a KFC since one nearby got some folks sick. Turns out the raw chicken was dripping into a cole slaw tub that somebody left the top off of in the fridge.

Archived