Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gallette Tears Achilles Again, Out For The Year (Per Schefter)

Morrison J

that's gotta be a huge mental blow for him. I think coming off the previous one that you'd expect a failure from the one that already tore, not the one that was healthy.

Actually I think it's common for the other one to go. When you train to come back from an injury you put more strain on the healthy ligament or tendon.

Man, just when i feel good about the team going forward.. another gut punch.

This is when Scotty earns his money. (we need warp drive now, Mr. Scott!)

He found us starters off the scrapheap last year. time to get to work.

But..  after the 2015 camp's bloodbath of injuries, i am watching. The bug tends to hit us hard with lower leg injuries in non-contact situations.

Am i wrong in wondering if the training staff or conditioning program needs some work?

~Bang

Maybe because he beat the **** out of his GF then on his next team under PR scrutiny and image repair he thought it would be a good idea to decorate his face with tribal war paint, show up late to team meetings and practices, party too much and get into fights with teammates.

Still, I'd sign him. He's getting a vet min deal too. If he acts up one time, he's released and his NFL career is over

Okay. Relax.  I don't keep up with the personal lives of every player.  Thanks for the info though.

Absolutely terrible news. 

Not a repeat: Washington OLB Junior Galette tore his Achilles and is out for season, as @Rand_Getlin reported.

•  

How can this even happen before training camp practices start?  Did it happen while he was just walking around?  If so, he is just too brittle to be of much use. 

Well, it's a great opportunity for Houston Bates to step up to be quality depth and get some real playing time.  And, I am certain Sua Cravens will be on the field a lot in passing situations.

I know he's crazy but maybe we should bring in Hardy for a look.

No way... You're the crazy guy here.

Meh, whatever. Guy never played a down here, its hard for me to be emotionally invested.

Personally I think this will open the door for Preston Smith to come in be a full time starter and dominate.

Don't feel emotionally invested in Galette, he never played a down, but I feel sorry for the guy.

At the same time, we've been dealing with injuries and without him last year, so I'm not completly at a loss right now. We'll make it through. Preston Smith, Trent... Whoever...

I'm not even sure Galette will make it to IR or if he'll not be waived at some point.

didnt Galette have a Redskins tattoo?

He should look for an IR tatoo, at this rate, he'll be in competition with Bradford.

It's not

That's often how it happens, players tends to over compensate with the other knee to not give full effort from the injured one when they think they can go full speed, and bam the second one tears apart.

That's casual. Sadly.

I don't understand why Dwight Freeney is not an option for us

I don't think a team with Kerrigan and Smith really should be making last-ditch moves like that. I think having Galette would have been great, but it's certainly also a luxury. I would imagine that McCloughan wasn't banking 100% on him being healthy given that he just missed all of 2015 with a pretty bad injury. My guess is that they are OK moving forward with last year's starters and hoping some depth emerges on the roster. 

How can this even happen before training camp practices start? Did it happen while he was just walking around? If so, he is just too brittle to be of much use.

Well, it's a great opportunity for Houston Bates to step up to be quality depth and get some real playing time. And, I am certain Sua Cravens will be on the field a lot in passing situations.

thank you. Only person in this thread who looks to our depth for a replacement. Talking bout Greg ****ing Hardy and bull****.

Yeah, it sucks to lose a 12 sack guy, but Smith should be able to fill that right in.

We've been talking about how deep the roster is. Here we go.

Considering he literally did nothing for us, I can't say I'm fazed by this news. Whatever. The only part that bothers me is the timing, being it's right before camp. And presumably the roster building was under the idea he'd be here. Such is life in the NFL.

I don't think a team with Kerrigan and Smith really should be making last-ditch moves like that. I think having Galette would have been great, but it's certainly also a luxury. I would imagine that McCloughan wasn't banking 100% on him being healthy given that he just missed all of 2015 with a pretty bad injury. My guess is that they are OK moving forward with last year's starters and hoping some depth emerges on the roster.

We got a lot of youth at OLB that could benefit from being around one the great pass rushers of his generation. Freeney would only be a part time player. He had 8 sacks in 11 games, and at a bargain price. Not like he would be a snap hog. Kerrigan and Smith would still be starting. At best, Galette woulda got 10-12 tops playing every down. People talk about Gallette like he was good for 15-18 sacks.

I know he's crazy but maybe we should bring in Hardy for a look.

lol

thank you. Only person in this thread who looks to our depth for a replacement. Talking bout Greg ****ing Hardy and bull****.

Yeah, it sucks to lose a 12 sack guy, but Smith should be able to fill that right in.

We've been talking about how deep the roster is. Here we go.

ya I like the sounds of this...y'all heard my opinion about p Smith..now that he will get those extra snaps I could be that much closer to being right about the future for smith

Meh, whatever. Guy never played a down here, its hard for me to be emotionally invested.

Personally I think this will open the door for Preston Smith to come in be a full time starter and dominate.

I concur. I might be more invested if we spent a draft pick on him or something. The opportunity cost of who we could have gotten these last two years instead of thinking we had something in hand kinda sucks.

Archived