Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gallette Tears Achilles Again, Out For The Year (Per Schefter)

Morrison J

It was not a long term deal.  It was a prove yourself contract - $1 million with a ton of incentive laden add-ons for performance.  

Still I just cannot get over the lack of luck this team has.  Mediocre pass rush and no run D. Great! 

His current deal was not big, but we would have had to re-sign him to something substantial if he had a good season. That would have impacted re-signing other guys...

I kinda feel like he was only going to be a 3rd down rusher this season anyways. Does it hurt to lose him? Yes. But now Preston gets to be an every down player. And I feel like Smith earned the starting spot last season regardless. It would have been nice to have Gallette here in case one of the guys got injured. But now we will get to see Bates more. And dont forget about Lynden Trail. I loved that guy coming out of Norfolk State. Time for some young guys to step up.

It was not a long term deal.  It was a prove yourself contract - $1 million with a ton of incentive laden add-ons for performance.  

Still I just cannot get over the lack of luck this team has.  Mediocre pass rush and no run D. Great! 

Well, let's wait and see about that, shall we? :)

What the Redskins' 'D' was last season does not necessarily translate over to this season.

A sacrifice to the football gods.  Galette always seemed too good to be true. As an often abused fan of the franchise I was always waiting for the other shoe to drop on this guy because of how cheap we got him.  

In reality its probably better that it happened now when we can take advantage of other teams roster cuts.

But damn I thought we got rid of all our bad karma last season.  Lets just hope this makes the team stronger and more determined going forward.  Opportunity is knocking for someone on the roster...

A sacrifice to the football gods. Galette always seemed too good to be true. As an often abused fan of the franchise I was always waiting for the other shoe to drop on this guy because of how cheap we got him.

In reality its probably better that it happened now when we can take advantage of other teams roster cuts.

But damn I thought we got rid of all our bad karma last season. Lets just hope this makes the team stronger and more determined going forward. Opportunity is knocking for someone on the roster...

totally agree here...very well put!!

Rumor has it that the Redskins has had internal discussions about Greg Hardy. Josh Norman is said to vouch for him.

PFT:

With Junior Galette lost for another year with a ruptured Achilles tendon, Washington needs help at the position. Help could come in the form of free-agent Greg Hardy.

Ed Werder of ESPN reports that the team has discussed adding Hardy, who spent five years with the Panthers and last season in Dallas.

Werder points out that cornerback Josh Norman would vouch for Hardy, based on their mutual time together in Charlotte. The bigger question is whether Washington would be willing to withstand the potential P.R. fallout from adding Hardy.

Last week, the Jaguars worked out Hardy without much of a major negative reaction. Even if Washington would be criticized for giving Hardy another second chance based on his domestic violence incident from two years ago, the franchise knows a thing or two about ignoring criticism and moving forward.

Hardy has played defensive end in a 4-3 defense throughout his career. In Washington, Hardy would become a linebacker in the 3-4 attack. Ultimately, his primary role would be to rush the passer from the edge of the defensive line. That’s a skill that remains the same regardless of defensive alignment.

I know he's crazy but maybe we should bring in Hardy for a look.

Great minds think alike, it would be a very friendly deal and I doubt it would have any risk for us if we brought him aboard.

Scott is good with these type of personalities, remember Galette was a  problem child too.

As much as I don't like Hardy off the field, he is dominate on it. This could be a good one year deal for us.

He wasnt last year.

I find this Hardy thing repugnant. I can't believe people are even entertaining going along with this.

Everybody on your team doesnt have to be a choir boy, but come on.

He wasnt last year.

I find this Hardy thing repugnant. I can't believe people are even entertaining going along with this.

Everybody on your team doesnt have to be a choir boy, but come on.

Hardy is a beast on the field, but that doesn't cloud my judgement of him as a human. All I said was, he could be a good stop gap for a year enlight of the JG injury. Calm down.

I'm not the moral police but I think Greg Hardy is a gigantic piece of trash.

But if that dude is an upgrade for our team, then whatever.

I can separate the player from the man.

^^^^^^^THIS!!!

Archived