Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gallette Tears Achilles Again, Out For The Year (Per Schefter)

Morrison J

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17147079/washington-redskins-had-internal-discussions-greg-hardy

In the aftermath of defensive end Junior Galette's season-ending injury, theWashington Redskins have held internal discussions regarding several veteran options to replace him, including controversial free agent Greg Hardy.

One of Hardy's former teammates with the Carolina Panthers is cornerbackJosh Norman, who would endorse the Redskins signing Hardy based on his experience on the field and in the locker room with him, sources said.

Whether the Redskins decide to contact Hardy remains unknown. He worked out for the Jacksonville Jaguars last week. Sources said the Jaguars are aware of the the problems Hardy caused in Dallas, where Jerry Jones signed him for one disappointing season after he missed almost all of the 2014 season following a conviction for domestic violence. The conviction was later overturned.

The Redskins have the advantage of Norman's perspective should they reach the point of soliciting his opinion.

The so-called "rumor" doesn't say Norman endorsed Hardy. It said he would.

Though I don't know where they got that from.

I'd rather they stay away.

He'd probably endorse hardy (if it were true, but it's not) cause they were both on the panthers before Hardy went to Dallas. Probably just speculation by whoever started the rumor.

Sorry for JG - he's had a real run of bad luck. Hope he bounces back and gets to play again - whether he gets another opportunity with the Redskins or not...

Successful teams will have the next man up make the most of these situations.

This is a real opportunity for Preston Smith to step up and shine big time. Also a golden opportunity for the young guys - Jefferson, Bates & Trail to get playing time and make their mark. 

I'm rooting for Preston to show major improvement and become a force. 

How can this even happen before training camp practices start? Did it happen while he was just walking around?

Maybe he tweets with his feet.

Hardy wasn't even worth it for the Cowturds to keep him. Why the hell would we even consider him.

I'd say Freeney is a much better option.

I am not saying he is high on the depth chart. I am saying the injury to Junior opens up a roster spot that he could potentially fill. I like to see players from small schools get an opportunity...especially those that attended college in Virginia.

Gotcha. That's really cool and I agree. I think we have a few guys who are going to be able to really fight it out for that 3rd rusher role.

Archived