Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

On 5/5/2022 at 1:02 PM, No Nonsense said:

In this case, it does make sense. Vader would definitely be flipping the galaxy upside down looking for the man who’s responsible for him being a cyborg and he is supposed to be hunting down Jedi during this timeframe. I’d also like to see Qui-Gon and Yoda as both of their appearances would make sense according to the end of Revenge of the Sith where Yoda was going to teach Obi-Wan to commune with Qui-Gon. 

I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner. Now, *I* am the master.

Oops

I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last…again. The circle is now even more completer. When I left you in the Disney+ series, I, despite being a fully formed Sith Lord running the galaxy for over decade, was still but the learner. Now, at this moment, until the next fan service moment makes us appear together again, *I* am the master, 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

3 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Just watched it.

I thought it was really good.

On a scale of 10, I'd say it's a solid 8....maybe higher.

Just saw Ep 1.

Was interesting to watch, but that was just introduction, so not that exciting, but still good, Ewan rocks.

5 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Currently watching Episode 1. A little slow but good. Little Leah has some spunk in her.

They did a very good job casting and writing her. I have really high hopes now for the rest of this series.

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

They did a very good job casting and writing her. I have really high hopes now for the rest of this series.

They hit a home run with casting her & have written Leia perfectly. 

The only thing that sucks about this is having to wait another week….

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Spoiler

I'm sorry, the idea that Obi-Wan can't keep up with a tiny 10 year old was kinda lame. While the girl is a good actress, why did they make it out that she was 10? Set the story 7 years later since we was only 7 or 8 when they filmed this. 

Everything else was excellent. 

Edited by Hersh

9 hours ago, Hersh said:
  Hide contents

I'm sorry, the idea that Obi-Wan can't keep up with a tiny 10 year old was kinda lame. While the girl is a good actress, why did they make it out that she was 10? Set the story 7 years later since we was only 7 or 8 when they filmed this. 

My experience is quite different...

19 hours ago, Hersh said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

It wasn't just Obi Wan. The kidnappers couldn't run her down. No one could. That bit bothered me, too and while watching it I mentioned it in several scenes, but it's a pretty minor quibble.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, No Nonsense said:

Obi-Wan was good, but you mean to tell me that grown men couldn’t catch a 10 year old that was right in front of them? Lol

My 8 year old, who is not force sensitive as far as I know, eludes me all of the time. Totally believable.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

My 8 year old, who is not force sensitive as far as I know, eludes me all of the time. Totally believable.

Eluding is one thing, but outrunning is another. You’d think they were chasing after Usain Bolt. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/27/2022 at 1:08 PM, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Just watched it.

I thought it was really good.

On a scale of 10, I'd say it's a solid 8....maybe higher.

I am loving Obi-Wan thus far. Excellent and a nice break from Boba-Fett, which was not awful, but a tad dull for my liking.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

GAAWWWWDDDDD....Why are the recycling old characterZ?!?!?!

It makes sense because we’re only 10 years removed from Revenge of the Sith and there’s definitely a few of those clones hanging around throughout the galaxy.