Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

On 12/10/2020 at 7:38 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Does anyone need to see Obi wan and Vader fight again? It’s just going to weaken the ANH fight and make it look even more laughable 

It would be cool if they fought like 10 years before AH1 but instead of losing, Obi-1 kills darth vader.  But then vader is repaired again and equipped with the final bio-suit that he wears in AH1 during the death star duel.

On 12/10/2020 at 7:38 PM, Riggo#44 said:

Andor had a lot of potential. He was a great character in Rogue One!

He was pretty awesome.  Its a shame they killed him, sort of makes doing a spin off show difficult.  But I can suspend my sense of reality.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

The Grogu Christmas Story. Coming to you, this December.

That's hilarious because I just picked up the Hallmark leg lamp ornament & a Grogu mug for the better half. 

#thisistheway

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/disney-gallery-the-mandalorian-making-of-season-two/?fbclid=IwAR2OKV-YRD-u3SKX4uwq4xEvg0sheW5DkF501HtotjaHfwrS_89Guucwh3A

The Mandalorian Special to Debut on Disney+ on Christmas Day

Disney+ has a Christmas present for The Mandalorian fans. The streaming service will debut a special hour-long episode of Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian on Christmas Day. The new episode will offer a behind-the-scenes look at the creation of the second season of the first-ever live-action Star Wars television series. According to Disney+'s official announcement, "From the triumphant return of legendary bounty hunter Boba Fett to the live-action debut of fan-favorite Ahsoka Tano, the second season of The Mandalorian is a fun, surprising, emotional thrill-ride which has kept fans excited to see how each new weekly chapter will unfold. Disney+ will bring viewers behind the scenes of the groundbreaking season in a new hour-long Making of Season Two special, premiering December 25 on the streaming service.

"In this new installment of Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian, filmmakers and cast provide unprecedented access to the storytelling decisions and innovations that went into the second season of the Emmy Award-winning series.

"Featuring immersive on-set footage that places viewers right in the middle of the filmmaking process, and rare insights from the cast and crew, this special documentary explores the production of all 8 episodes in season two – from early concept art through the groundbreaking technology introduced in the series."

Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian is "an eight-episode documentary series that pulls back the curtain on The Mandalorian. Each chapter explores a different facet of the first live-action Star Wars television show through interviews, behind-the-scenes footage, and roundtable conversations hosted by Jon Favreau. Topics this season include the filmmaking process, the legacy of George Lucas’ Star Wars, how the cast brought the characters to life, the series’ groundbreaking technology, the artistry behind the show’s practical models, effects, and creatures, plus the creative influences, the iconic score, and connections to Star Wars characters and props from across the galaxy."

Star Wars fans likely see The Mandalorian in a brand new context after its second season brought back beloved characters from across the Star Wars universe, including Ahsoka Tano and Boba Fett. It is also now the vanguard for 10 Star Wars television series that will debut on the streaming service in the next few years, including the Ahsoka and Rangers of the New Republic shows, which take place concurrently with The Mandalorian and will eventually come together for a crossover.

Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian Making of Season Two special premieres Friday, December 25th streaming on Disney+. If you haven't signed up for Disney+ yet, you can try it out here

disney-gallery-the-mandalorian-making-of

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

so no Grogu for season 3? I can’t imagine we spend much if any time with Luke and instead we will be resolving the dark saber conflict and mandalore stuff 

Spoiler

Mando goes off with Bo-Katan for new fun and adventures most likely. I don't think we see The Child next season. Also, we're about 5 years after Return of the Jedi right now. So, there is plenty of time before Ben Solo is training with Luke and killing a bunch of the other students (hopefully not Grogu).

6 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Reveal hidden contents

Mando goes off with Bo-Katan for new fun and adventures most likely. I don't think we see The Child next season. Also, we're about 5 years after Return of the Jedi right now. So, there is plenty of time before Ben Solo is training with Luke and killing a bunch of the other students (hopefully not Grogu).

well apparently they retconned that anyway before Rise of Skywalker so he could be more redeemed. He didn’t actually kill any of Luke’s students, it was force lightninged to **** by Palpatine from across the galaxy. He screams it isn’t what he wanted. Which cheapens that whole story imo

but I could see this leading into a new sequel trilogy. Think they made a mistake not reacting Luke tho. They would have been a nice introduction to a new Luke thay everybody could come to terms with until he appears again later at some point 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

well apparently they retconned that anyway before Rise of Skywalker so he could be more redeemed. He didn’t actually kill any of Luke’s students, it was force lightninged to **** by Palpatine from across the galaxy. He screams it isn’t what he wanted. Which cheapens that whole story imo

but I could see this leading into a new sequel trilogy. Think they made a mistake not reacting Luke tho. They would have been a nice introduction to a new Luke thay everybody could come to terms with until he appears again later at some point 

I missed that explanation and reading the post-episode recaps suggest that he did kill students. Do you have a link or anything? I'd like to read about what you're talking about.

3 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I missed that explanation and reading the post-episode recaps suggest that he did kill students. Do you have a link or anything? I'd like to read about what you're talking about.

It was retconned in the comic Star Wars: The Rise of Kylo Ren

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wegotthiscovered.com/comicbooks/star-wars-finally-addresses-major-kylo-ren-legend/amp/

11 minutes ago, drowland said:

At this point I hope they just retcon the entire ST and start over.  I know they won't but it makes me sad they're limited into having to tie in what they're doing now into that story line.

I hope they introduce it as an alternate reality/parallel universe type thing and just start a new trilogy set maybe 5 years after this time period with younger recast or hell CGI/deepfaked actors for Luke, Han and Leia. They introduced time travel multiverse **** in rebels so that could explain away the ST. 

Younger post ROTJ Luke, Han, Leia, with Grogu, Mando, Ahsoka, introduce a new bad maybe Thrawn or Moff Gideon who escapes gains force powers from the Grogu experiments. But give these characters a proper swan song post ROTJ trilogy. You can have Han and Leia twins (mention a miscarriage with Leia which could hint to Ben that this reality is now changed) and this trilogy can properly pass the baton to them for future movies. Throw some potatoes in there and you got a stew going, baby 

All whole Star Wars mcu. Maybe one movie Leias kids link up with Ahsoka or Luke for help or to get advice about something they’ve discovered. You could introduce a whole new world, with the empire remnants acting as a small rebel faction entirely separate from the Sith who could also pop up at some point like. Badass darth revan or something. Or Leia’s daughter falls in love with the next sith unknowingly. Something we actually haven’t seen before. 

I actually love TLJ and Luke in it. But the way they butchered the conclusion just makes this the best path forward. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

About to start the S2 finale now, but just thought I'd drop in to mention that my oldest daughter (9 in January) while not a "Star Wars fan" (yet?) knows full well about Baby Yoda/Grogu since he is featured in so much general pop culture things at the moment and she has caught glimpses when I have been watching the show.  So fast forward to today, and because it is the last day before their winter break, the teacher is just having them watch a holiday movie to end the school day, well out of the corner of my eye I saw what looked like my daughter watching something different off to the side so I went to investigate.  Normally I'd snatch away whatever it was, followed by the usual parental scolding, however, to my surprise she was watching The Mandalorian from episode 1.  Instant parental achievement unlocked!  I let her finish out the episode but then made her return to the class movie.  School has been for about a half an hour now and she is now in her room continuing the show.  

It's hard enough to get my kids to take interest in movies/tv shows these days because of how much they have been raised on rapid fire short burst content, so the fact that she has shown an interest to actually watch this show on her own......yessssssss!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Lucas dropped some new Empire Strikes Back footage online yesterday. The video is in this article below.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/this-new-empire-strikes-back-set-footage-is-the-best-th-1845897191?fbclid=IwAR07WN8nybLFCY_SbOl9cZPfrJYQl2SxSYZLSQDraN_Ze0xpcfUqq_zruYE

Damn, I was thinking it was a preview for another remastered release. This time when Vader lops off Luke's hand, he could say "Son it's not that bad i too am an amputee and was forced to undergo a hand replacement when I was approximately your age. I can recommend you to a great cyborg/human interface guy.  Don't worry, we'll get through this together."

2 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

They aren't going to abandon the sequels. The **** at Disney is built around that. Jumping around in time with the TV shows and I think movies coming out is their way to not going past Rise of Skywalker for now.

Right, these shows will be lucky to break even, much less make any money.  That's what happens when you let John Favreau write his own material and produce it, he's going to blow the budget just like he did for Rudy.

That S2 finale. Wow. 

I feel like the build up to the Empire's eventual return is so much more interesting in The Mandalorian than the re-tread we actually end up getting in the new trilogy.  It's a shame that the new trilogy even took place before this show, because I would much rather see what Favreau and his team could come up with than what we ended up getting. 

• Like 1