Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Mandalorian and possible ROS spoilery thoughts... 

Reveal hidden contents

So the uniform logo that the scientists working on baby Yoda (species) is very similar to the uniform that the Galactic Republic wore when they cloned Jango Fett for their clone army.  I wonder if that's what they are trying to do with baby Yoda species...clone him? And would the clone still be force sensitive and full of midichlorians? 

I also wonder if this is how the emperor shows up in the last movie too..he's a clone.

i really hope this ties into ROS or at least the ST.  I think this baby is a Yoda clone that either Palpatine or Snoke were working on or had plans for. These imperial guys are going to end up being part of the first order.

Mando is going to uncover some **** like the empire Is still kicking as the FO in the outer rim using force sensitive clones as part of experiments to bring back Palpatine or so Snoke can gain power or something 

21 minutes ago, ShredSkins said:

I think, and hope honestly, that the Mandalorian avoids as many ties as possible with the new Star Wars movies. 

I really wish they would have Highlander II'ed the Last Jedi and we just go on pretending it never happened. 

I think it makes this series fairly insignificant if it doesn’t tie in to the ST somehow. 

what’s the point of setting it between trilogies if there is no tie-in? Unless this is setting up a new Non-skywalker movie or story arc down the road, I don’t see it. 

they could have set this thing anytime 

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

People are predicting the 2nd to last episode of the Mandalorian will set up a plot point in ROS. Also I read that Favreau/Filoni are favs to direct the next movie in 2022.

I think there will be some cross over but Disney + isn't available yet in the UK and I believe all of Europe and won't be until after ROS is released.  I can't see them setting up anything major when a large part of Star Wars International market is in Europe and they're unable to watch the series.  

1 hour ago, drowland said:

I think there will be some cross over but Disney + isn't available yet in the UK and I believe all of Europe and won't be until after ROS is released.  I can't see them setting up anything major when a large part of Star Wars International market is in Europe and they're unable to watch the series.  

It won't be a huge reveal or tie-in but it would be something that provides more backstory IMO. i'd guess someone's movie experience wouldn't be hampered by not seeing it but it may provide some additional context or backstory to a character or event or location.

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Watch the Mandalorian. It's worth the $7/mo for Disney+

Definitely worth it.

Like imagine Boba Fett, but with a personality and he’s actually cool and competent at what he does. 

then throw in the most adorable thing I’ve ever seen in a movie or show and the ridiculous amount of mystery surrounding this thing....

it’s really good. The soundtrack is awesome too. And Pedro Pascal expresses a lot of emotion thru his body language since we can’t see his face. He’s doing great. 

• Like 1

"Bouncer" pic

remembering LONG ago, when Star Wars 1 was coming out, I and some coworkers were on a daily email joke "Top 10" list. One was "Top 10 moments in the life of young Darth Vader". 

One was "you don't need my identification.  I'm old enough to buy beer."

• Like 1

The Mandalorian is just OK.  People are freaking out about it because it's finally another competent live action Star Wars production, but it's still typical tropey, bland, shallow, and unoriginal Star Wars story telling.  The most recent episode was the worst so far.  The seven samurai story has been done to death and in far more interesting ways.  If this is what's to come following the short term resolution of the initial arc, then that'd be pretty disappointing.

Also hoping that Gina Carano's character doesn't become a regular.  Her acting is painfully bad.

4 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The Mandalorian is just OK.  People are freaking out about it because it's finally another competent live action Star Wars production, but it's still typical tropey, bland, shallow, and unoriginal Star Wars story telling.  The most recent episode was the worst so far.  The seven samurai story has been done to death and in far more interesting ways.  If this is what's to come following the short term resolution of the initial arc, then that'd be pretty disappointing.

Also hoping that Gina Carano's character doesn't become a regular.  Her acting is painfully bad.

its pretty good but it’s not special yet. I think it could be but that will depend on how the story unfolds. 

Episode 1 was a fine introduction that ended in quite a big reveal

Episode 2 was filler for the most part but revealed a bit about both Mando and BY

episode 3 was the best so far. Best self contained story and best action. Sets the stage for the rest of the season

Episode 4 was fine. Production quality is there and the scary, intimidating at-st moments are something that I’d like to see more of in Star Wars. Show how the empire and their tech is so horrifying to regular people and rebels. That darker imagery worked well. 

im enjoying it a lot but I hope it leads to something grand. The BY mystery is what has kept most of my interest seeing what he is, where he came from and what his story will be. 

the series is definitely helped along greatly by BY becoming an internet sensation 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man