Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

6 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The Mandalorian is just OK.  People are freaking out about it because it's finally another competent live action Star Wars production, but it's still typical tropey, bland, shallow, and unoriginal Star Wars story telling.  The most recent episode was the worst so far.  The seven samurai story has been done to death and in far more interesting ways.  If this is what's to come following the short term resolution of the initial arc, then that'd be pretty disappointing.

Also hoping that Gina Carano's character doesn't become a regular.  Her acting is painfully bad.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSn_9Ov92rXDuWoQxqdViI

9 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The Mandalorian is just OK.  People are freaking out about it because it's finally another competent live action Star Wars production, but it's still typical tropey, bland, shallow, and unoriginal Star Wars story telling.  The most recent episode was the worst so far.  The seven samurai story has been done to death and in far more interesting ways.  If this is what's to come following the short term resolution of the initial arc, then that'd be pretty disappointing.

Also hoping that Gina Carano's character doesn't become a regular.  Her acting is painfully bad.

Yeah the last episode felt like an episode of Kung Fu or the A-Team.  I think they're just trying to flesh out the character and give more background on what the Mandalorain way is and introduce more characters.  Cara and Omera I assume will come back.  Omera was somehow sharp with the blaster so I'm sure they'll explore her past more and I think Mando will put a team together of Cara, Kuiil, Karga and the bounty hunter droid by the end of the season.  At least based on the promotional stuff they've shown that looks to be where it's headed.  

I definitely can see Dave Filoni's touch on this series. The Mandalorian episodes are reminiscent of the slow build of the overarching story through his Clone Wars/Rebels series. The  episodes work separately as stand alone SW stories and all add to what I hope is a solid ending in Season 1.

I also didn't know Bryce Dallas Howard was directing now (she directed the past episode). I personally liked that episode...so whatever.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

I definitely can see Dave Filoni's touch on this series. The Mandalorian episodes are reminiscent of the slow build of the overarching story through his Clone Wars/Rebels series. The  episodes work separately as stand alone SW stories and all add to what I hope is a solid ending in Season 1.

I also didn't know Bryce Dallas Howard was directing now (she directed the past episode). I personally liked that episode...so whatever.

yeah the series has a case of the week vibe. Sort of a new adventure each episode that is still telling a cohesive story. 

I imagine it will pick up quickly since we are halfway thru now. They will either tie in to the ST in the finale or expand on baby Yoda history. Or potentially both 

16 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

748ef14.jpg

he’s not wrong. I feel similar 

F23C5BAA-A195-4E19-A348-5E67B1A1805C.jpeg

• Haha 1

I read the complete spoilers / plot synopsis for Episode IX yesterday.

Spoiler

It’s going to Suck long & hard. An infinite amount of monkeys with an infinite amount of exlax could spend eternity defecating on standard American letter-sized three hole punched paper and never produce a screenplay anywhere near as ****ty as this.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I read the complete spoilers / plot synopsis for Episode IX yesterday.

Reveal hidden contents

It’s going to Suck long & hard. An infinite amount of monkeys with an infinite amount of exlax could spend eternity defecating on standard American letter-sized three hole punched paper and never produce a screenplay anywhere near as ****ty as this.

Is it too late to CGI Baby Yoda into the movie?

• Haha 1

https://newsthump.com/2016/04/09/none-harmed-after-imperial-stormtrooper-goes-on-two-hour-mass-shooting-rampage/?fbclid=IwAR2KalxlhYJLYDn_ezbdqq6GZvcP28xezfzlHgdNOXAFFTHyI4qifiiYvFw

None harmed after imperial stormtrooper goes on two-hour mass-shooting rampage

Storm Trooper rampage

Reports are coming in of a mass shooting incident featuring an Imperial Stormtrooper in which nobody has been harmed.

Reports from a military base on Coruscant suggest the stormtrooper began his rampage by opening fire into the crowded commissary building, missing everyone, before moving on to firing wildly at a massed formation of troopers, once again causing no injuries.

Fellow troopers are understood to have returned fire on the shooter, with little effect.

Upon hearing the news, loved ones of fellow troopers rushed to the scene of the shooting as it was definitely the safest place to be.

The shooter, who has not yet been named, is understood to have fired hundreds of rounds into a busy public area, leaving bystanders unscathed.

The assailant was eventually brought down when law-enforcement officials tricked him into walking through a door and knocking himself out on the lintel.

The only casualty is said to be a man wearing a red shirt. Witnesses said he ‘never stood a chance’ despite being miles away and nothing to do with the incident.

• Haha 6

The problem with the Mandalorian series so far is that there have far too many "fights" where either the main character beats 50 incompetent guys on his own, or where he's about to be killed but some miraculously absurd thing happens to save him at the last second.  It might have been better if the yoda baby thing saved the Mandalorian guy from one major fight at the end of the season as sort of a cliffhanger.  I'll let the real nerds decide though. 

BTW-  To use the force, don't even trolls have to have a little bit of training?  Also is this baby Yoda the son of the real Yoda?  Is their a yoda planet somewhere?  The real Yoda was like 650 when he died.  Does that mean that Yodas age differently, sort of like dogs, so 10 years is like 1 year in yoda years?  Does baby yoda make an appearance in episode IX as a 35 year old Yoda, with the maturity of a 3.5 year old child?

1 hour ago, kfrankie said:

BTW-  To use the force, don't even trolls have to have a little bit of training?  Also is this baby Yoda the son of the real Yoda?  Is their a yoda planet somewhere?  The real Yoda was like 650 when he died.  Does that mean that Yodas age differently, sort of like dogs, so 10 years is like 1 year in yoda years?  Does baby yoda make an appearance in episode IX as a 35 year old Yoda, with the maturity of a 3.5 year old child?

we don’t know if the child can regularly use the force at will or if that was a one off  event or what. 

baby Yoda is 50 years old so this baby was born sometime around 5-8 years before The Phantom Menace. The real Yoda died around 900 years old. 

we don’t know what this is yet. Yoda’s child. A clone. A baby of the same species etc and we don’t know how it will tie in with future stories. Hard to say but that’s part of the mystery right now. 

species ages different tho. A dog reaches adult age after 1 year and then spends like 9-12 years as an adult before dying. 

maybe Yoda’s species spends 60-100 years as a child before reaching adult status and then matures really quickly for the last 800 years. Yoda says something about how he has been training since he was 100 so that implies the child will mature really quickly over the next 50 years at least 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

How do they calculate a year?

Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes.
Five hundred twenty five thousand moments so dear.
five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes.
How do you measure,
Measure a year?In daylights?
In sunsets?
In midnights?
In cups of coffee?
In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife?In five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes.
How do you measure a year in a life?

How about love?
How about love?
How about love?
Measure in love...
Seasons of love (love)...
Seasons of love (love)...