Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

5 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

oh if your casting and both are alive Ewan definatly gets the nod because hes not 90 years old...one guy made obi wan the other made a great obi wan

I’m totally not seeing it but to each his own I suppose. Really though, anybody who had ANYTHING to do with the prequels should be burned at the stake. Actors, costume designers, key grips... all of them.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

4 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I’m totally not seeing it but to each his own I suppose. Really though, anybody who had ANYTHING to do with the prequels should be burned at the stake. Actors, costume designers, key grips... all of them.

628x471.jpg

him.....he is the uncomfortable witch that needs to be burned

Edited by Gibbit

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Was he the guy who was going to play Obi Wan in the stand alone? If so, then I agree that would work out well. 

Yes he would be the guy.

56 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Say what?

Come on, I think Alec Guinness is great but he was Obi Wan for what, 30 to 45 minutes? Less then that in actual screen time. The prequels were not good movies, but Ewan McGreggor was rather good as Obi-Wan, especially in 2 and 3 when he was playing a slightly older character. This is not a knock on Alec Guinness, more so it would just work really well because you have an actor that already is that character and did it well. If he had sucked as Obi-Wan I would feel differently.

Though I might be called a prequelist. Not because I think the prequels are good, though I think Revenge of the Sith wasnt a bad movie, but because the stories you can get from them. I really feel like the stories from the prequel movies as well as the animated TV shows, outside of perhaps Episode 1 and discounting Anakins acting, give so much more depth to the story. Really brings the "tragedy of Darth Vader" home and mean so much more.

Again, I feel like I have to say this, the prequels were poorly done. There is my disclaimer. :ols:

Remember Natalie Portman is in the prequels and she was really bad, but shes a great actress. A lot of blame for that is on the director as well.

I just don't care what Obi Wan was doing between ROTS and ANH, that's why I don't think we need an Obi Wan spinoff. The whole story already feels cheapened thinking that he was old and killing Darth Maul on Tatooine again a handful of years before ANH. I doubt they'd do a retelling of the Rebels stuff which means he has to have yet another grand adventure before Luke shows up. 

It just gets beyond ridiculous at some point. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I just don't care what Obi Wan was doing between ROTS and ANH, that's why I don't think we need an Obi Wan spinoff. The whole story already feels cheapened thinking that he was old and killing Darth Maul on Tatooine again a handful of years before ANH. I doubt they'd do a retelling of the Rebels stuff which means he has to have yet another grand adventure before Luke shows up. 

yeah id prefer a yoda origin...but with Dinklage simply in green face with fake ears

• Like 1

Just now, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I think they need something obscure or something set way back in the past...Old Republic stuff. 

Old Republic would be awesome. I was hoping they would do that with the TV show, but no dice. Thats ripe for some movies and you arent nearly as restricted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I’m totally not seeing it but to each his own I suppose.

I don't think im typing what I mean to impress.....Alec is Obi Wan Kenobi

Ewan portrays an awesome young Obi Wan Kenobi

You couldn't have cast anyone besides Ewan now, there is no question who is the young kenobi

Edited by Gibbit

3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Disney finally bit off more they can chew. 

The only way to keep this franchise relevant the way they want it, they need to start making original content and making that good, too.  If they keep making prequels for characters in the movies we already have instead of new characters for sequels, I'll be taking a break, too. 

I didn't like Solo.

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I’ve moved on from the Obi Wan stuff. Now focused on remaking Episode 1... then 2 & 3... then the Matrix sequels.

Episodes 1-3 should be combined into one good film, not 3 slightly less **ty ones.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I've never really made this connection before and I've seen the movie a billion times.

Doh.

"Its not like I like the Empire, I hate it"

He mentions Biggs, who is part of the Rebel Alliance, and is killed in the Battle of Yavin.

The Rebel Alliance recruits from the outer rim, and likely had an academy.

They definitely had a recruiter. You could say he had an Outer Rim job.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I also watched TLJ again recently. I really don't have an issue with it. The dumbest part was still Leia floating back inside. She should have died there.  

Sure there are other flaws but not any greater than flaws that every SW movie has. I liked it a lot. 

People just waited 40 years to see Luke being a badass Jedi and built it up in their heads and instead TLJ took the story a different place. Not a worse place but a different place. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

I think the two latest episodes in the main series are perfectly fine. With the exception of The Empire Strikes Back, I don't see how they are any worse than other episodes. In many ways, I preferred them. I liked having a new set of characters and I think the two main characters (Rey and Kylo) are interesting. As others have said, you could nitpick anything, but they are entertaining and flow well to me. 

If you really want to pick these movies apart, you could destroy some of the plot in TESB...think how powerful Vader is. He has the leaders of the rebellion in his grasp in Cloud City and just turns them over the Lando. There's also the elaborate "let's freeze Luke to bring him back to the Emperor but first test it on Han" storyline. WHAT??? Just use like 50 stormtroopers to detain these guys and you have Leia, Solo, and Luke as your prisoners (or dead if you want).