Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Here’s an Amazing Story of Jeremiah Trotter Knocking Out LaVar Arrington

Boss_Hogg

Marty made it a point initially to bring down the vets as part of his power play. Thus, cutting Larry Centers (who subsequently made the Probowl with Buffalo) and criticising Darrell Green's coverage technique in front of the whole team.

I have said repeatedly on this board, cutting Larry Centers was one of the biggest blunders of this franchise.  Marty needed Larry in that offense.

After the mess in 2000, Marty needed to tear things down before building it back up. The foundation was rotten to the core. I loved his approach, and it was something we needed in 2010 as well with Shanahan.

Yeah, but you don't run down an obvious first-ballot Hall of Famer like Darrell Green in front of all the other players. Especially young players.

Could you see Gary Kubiak on his first day of training camp as the Broncos HC openly running down Peyton Manning's throwing style to all the other players?

This wasn't an "equalizing" move by Marty. This was an ego-driven power-play move to show everyone who's boss and what you did before he got there didn't impress him and didn't mean squat.

Which was stupid. Yes, Green's Hall of Fame-making play and career should have impressed him. He should've held Green up as an example to the young players of what you want and you can achieve in the NFL. Not ridiculed him.

He should've gotten players like Green on his side, not alienated them. It is one of the big mistakes Marty did make here.

I think Lavar is second only to Michael Westbrook in in Redskins of the modern era who had the physical tools to really make an impact at their position but because of other factors ended up as busts.  I still rank Westbrook first in that category because he was basically the modern #1 prototype WR who had the physical tools to be another TO but meandered it all away due to off the field issues as well as poor work ethic and attitude.

Lavar was too good in his own head. He showed lots of flash and ability early on, became a quick fan favorite due to potential, but never lived up to the promise.  The one year Marvin Lewis was able to actually somewhat humble him and get him to listen he had a career season, but all he did for the entire season was complain about having to rush out of a three point stance.  

Great info by Trotter. Lavar was plain and simple an underachiever enabled by Snyder.  I'll never forget Dale Lindsay and Shawn Springs clowning Lavar cause he couldn't remember the plays or where to line up. Now Trotter backs it up. Hilarious.

Looking back on the first decade of the "Snyder era" it really makes me sick how much all of us (including myself) defended, deflected, and went to bat for a lot of the nonsense this organization was doing.  From the front office to the players.  I guess when it comes down to it we are fans at heart first and will always try and find the bright side of situations.

Yeah, but you don't run down an obvious first-ballot Hall of Famer like Darrell Green in front of all the other players. Especially young players.

Could you see Gary Kubiak on his first day of training camp as the Broncos HC openly running down Peyton Manning's throwing style to all the other players?

Actually... he did tell Peyton that he would be running his offense.  And he has.  Running a lot more outside zone and boot to help put the games in the hands of the defense.

Not quite apples to apples, but a poor example.

Great info by Trotter. Lavar was plain and simple an underachiever enabled by Snyder.  I'll never forget Dale Lindsay and Shawn Springs clowning Lavar cause he couldn't remember the plays or where to line up. Now Trotter backs it up. Hilarious.

I'll never forget the zinger that Dale Lindsay hit him with.

Lindsey said Thursday there's a process by which players have to check in and check out their playbooks and all should be accounted for before a player leaves. He did not rule out the possibility that Arrington had one or had made a copy, but said, "If he has got one, I guarantee you it's never been opened."

Czabe, Cooley and Galdi just about to talk about this

Quick recap - Cooley said the stories been corroborated by several players (this was pre-cooley). Says he's not surprised. Didn't directly say lavar didn't study, (I think) but said that was his rep, but he's always liked lavar.

Pointed out that trotter must have meant lavar was on his blackberry, not his iPhone, since they weren't around in 2003.

Lavars tweeted that he could respond, but why? And Cooley said basically to not make it look like you got your butt kicked, unless it happened just as trotter said.

Again, Cooley likes lavar, wasn't busting on him or saying anything nobody else has said or that we didn't already know.

Steinberg has a Bog entry today where he quotes a recent radio appearance by Tony Banks reiterating how much Darrell Green and Bruce Smith complained during Marty's training camp.

I remember their discontent being talked about at the time. Bruce whined openly about the Oklahoma drill, if I recall.

Has Lavar not responded to this yet, very surprised there is no rebuttal.

If it's true and there were witnesses, what can he say? lol

Basically, the only good response would be a lie. Something like being blunt and admitting his shortcomings and immaturity as a young player and that he learned and changed. Which probably isn't true, even a little bit.

Can I just say one thing...

We are addicted to conflict here, but it's nice that we get to talk about conflict from previous regimes and over a decade of football ago rather than on our current team?

We are so back, man...

I remember their discontent being talked about at the time. Bruce whined openly about the Oklahoma drill, if I recall.

If it's true and there were witnesses, what can he say? lol

Basically, the only good response would be a lie. Something like being blunt and admitting his shortcomings and immaturity as a young player and that he learned and changed. Which probably isn't true, even a little bit.

I'm just used to hearing him run his mouth about how tough he is.  I remember on the Dukes show he said he could take Brock Lenser in an MMA fight.  This was when Brock was the champion.

Yup!  Allegedly, he did it to save his marriage.  He blamed it on the Redskins dysfunction. 

I know we're off topic here, but did Champ ever make an exit statement about his marriage or the dysfunction? Seems like he would have been tight lipped about things, being that he got his way as the new face of the franchise in Denver.

Archived