Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

London Calling: Martins House of Commons Official Offseason Twitter thread, Crumpets and Biscuits(Cheerleaders) extra

SWFLSkins

John Keim @john_keim 4h4 hours ago

Washington defensive end Chris Baker asks GM, 'is there any more money'

michael phillips @michaelpRTD 2h2 hours ago

The Redskins have asked the Supreme Court to hear their trademark dispute, per court documents obtained by the T-D: http://www.richmond.com/a/article_f6b23fd6-0b34-11e6-b2bf-c35a6e115f13.html 

2 retweets 1 like

Not Robert Griffin @Pseudo_RGIII 2h2 hours ago

Looks like Scot is leaving Redskins Park for the evening

Cg65-3-WIAEGq7F.jpg

No our pieces have improved considerably, most notably finding a likely franchise QB. They're still very much a quality team and close to the same team they were IMO, Tony R health, considered

I don't know how much of a "quality team" they are.

This is a team that basically collapsed when romoSUCKS went out last year. Certainly any team that loses its starting QB will be hurt by it, but to the tune of 1-11? A Super Bowl-caliber team should've been able to absorb it better than that. Not contend for a Super Bowl with that kind of loss, no, but at least do much better than they did.

My feeling is that 12-4 was more of a mirage than the truth. They aren't a bad team, but Super Bowl caliber?

I don't see it.

Darrell Green @darrellgreen28 4h4 hours ago

Darrell Green Retweeted Jorge Carmenate

They were great at scheming, but the how to part, was left to me. The important thing is that it worked.

Darrell Green added,

Jorge Carmenate @IIIICHINOIIII
@darrellgreen28 Hey D, I was completely shocked to hear u never had a DB coach, coach u up. That makes ur career that much more impressive

Stephen Czarda @SCzardaRedskins 4h4 hours ago

Here is #Redskins CB Josh Norman's full quote when asked about Odell Beckham Jr.:

Cg6fsaCUcAAOfT6.jpg
2 retweets 7 likes

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 4h4 hours ago

Junior Galette @JovaisG 14m14 minutes ago

Junior Galette Retweeted Washington Redskins

@cbaker92redskin your time coming fam

Junior Galette added,

0KzttDjoC8KGl7j6.jpg
0:16
Washington Redskins @Redskins
#Redskins GM Scot McCloughan ends his press conference with a funny question from guest-reporter @cbaker92redskin.

Chad Ryan ‏@ChadwikoRCC 2h2 hours ago

Probably the thing from McCloughan's presser that jumped out at me most: no teams have approached about trading up or down to 21.

LOL...Yeah, like GMSM was going to tell everyone wtf he has working! 

"Hey, fans, GMSM here - 3 days before the draft & this is what we're working on..." Said GMSM never

"Oh, no way they take the Sheriff at #5 what a colossal mistake that would be."

LOL...Yeah, like GMSM was going to tell everyone wtf he has working! 

"Hey, fans, GMSM here - 3 days before the draft & this is what we're working on..." Said GMSM never

"Oh, no way they take the Sheriff at #5 what a colossal mistake that would be."

@Mr_Henson51 "Oh, no way they take the Sheriff at #5 what a colossal mistake that would be."

Not in his defense, but he was young and just heard a whole stadium of people booing the team during a yawn inducing 9-7 win against the rams during the doldrums of the Zorn era. He did call frustrated fans dimwits working 9-5s at Mickey Ds.

Chad Ryan ‏@ChadwikoRCC 2h2 hours ago

Probably the thing from McCloughan's presser that jumped out at me most: no teams have approached about trading up or down to 21.

Well duh, it's only on draft day if someone wants to move up to take a certain player that your going to get calls about possible trades towards the bottom of the first round. It will depend on who falls and is still in the board - no one is making trades outside the top 3 or 4 picks this early. Sadly I think the action will be teams trying to get just ahead of the Jets who pick just before us if Paxton Lynch is still there.

Well duh, it's only on draft day if someone wants to move up to take a certain player that your going to get calls about possible trades towards the bottom of the first round. It will depend on who falls and is still in the board - no one is making trades outside the top 3 or 4 picks this early. Sadly I think the action will be teams trying to get just ahead of the Jets who pick just before us if Paxton Lynch is still there.

Actually, and I don't know how common or not this is of course, but I've definitely read in the past that teams make preliminary calls all around the league creating the foundations for all types of potential moves at different points in the draft, to feel out the other teams and to make the process quicker when the picks are actually on the clock. I wish I remembered where I read that, but it was within the last year and it was very interesting. Like half the league was taking the time to lay the groundwork for potential trades, most of which never happen of course.

So it may be interesting, to a small degree, that we haven't gotten any calls (assuming its true--and the offhand way in which Scot says it, to me, says its both true and totally normal at this stage--which might discredit everything I said above lol, but there you have it).

Actually, and I don't know how common or not this is of course, but I've definitely read in the past that teams make preliminary calls all around the league .....).

I could imagine in the top third of the draft where it is perhaps easier to target guys calls are made but at 21 you are looking for some one to be looking top pick up a guy who is sliding way below where they projected or if there is a run on a specific type of player and guys later in the draft think they are going to miss out on their top targets ... It is also three days before the draft you can tell when GMs are lying because their lips are moving

Actually, and I don't know how common or not this is of course, but I've definitely read in the past that teams make preliminary calls all around the league creating the foundations for all types of potential moves at different points in the draft, to feel out the other teams and to make the process quicker when the picks are actually on the clock. I wish I remembered where I read that, but it was within the last year and it was very interesting. Like half the league was taking the time to lay the groundwork for potential trades, most of which never happen of course.

So it may be interesting, to a small degree, that we haven't gotten any calls (assuming its true--and the offhand way in which Scot says it, to me, says its both true and totally normal at this stage--which might discredit everything I said above lol, but there you have it).

I could see someone picking just before the Jets taking calls at this stage saying if Lynch is still there can we have a deal in place. But at our spot who else would someone be trading up for? It's only if someone starts to slide and teams below us get itchy fingers that the phone starts to ring. Odds are we pick at 21 and its in later rounds we start trading down to get extra picks.

What do we know - odds are whatever any GM is saying right now is meaningless.

I could imagine in the top third of the draft where it is perhaps easier to target guys calls are made but at 21 you are looking for some one to be looking top pick up a guy who is sliding way below where they projected or if there is a run on a specific type of player and guys later in the draft think they are going to miss out on their top targets ... It is also three days before the draft you can tell when GMs are lying because their lips are moving

More generic structures for possible trades, is what I had read. Not for specific players, but the preliminary details for lots of scenarios.

GM's are in contact a LOT more than I think we fans realize, and probably casually talk about this stuff a lot. I know they come from the same scouting tree but McCloughan casually dropped a reference to a phone conversation with Ted Thompson a week or two ago where they were just bull****ting about the draft...the way the NFL is with nepotism and networking (depending on whether you're trying to talk about it in a negative or positive light) I wouldn't be surprised if these guys are touching base all the time leading up to the draft.

I could see someone picking just before the Jets taking calls at this stage saying if Lynch is still there can we have a deal in place. But at our spot who else would someone be trading up for? It's only if someone starts to slide and teams below us get itchy fingers that the phone starts to ring. Odds are we pick at 21 and its in later rounds we start trading down to get extra picks.

What do we know - odds are whatever any GM is saying right now is meaningless.

I meant more generic trade scenarios, just preparation for potential deals and not anything centered around a specific prospect at this early stage...but really teams trade up for random players all the time that aren't the obvious QB's. So I'm not sure it would have to be Lynch. We aren't privy to where these GM's place the tier breaks, what they know about other teams' interests in players they want, etc.

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 2h2 hours ago

Need to Know: Will the Norman deal affect the #Redskins' draft strategy? Read it in BRBN

Paul Cumberland @Paul_Cumberland 7h7 hours ago

Had to scroll down my feed to figure this one out. haha #rileycoonerwatch

Chris Baker @cbaker92redskin 8h8 hours ago

Just something different out work your competition #BANDNATION #JUMPROPE #5lbROPEWITHBANDShttps://www.instagram.com/p/BEpY-UBrHGx/

Burgundy Blog @BurgundyBlog 8h8 hours ago

Via @ByJimCorbett. Champ Bailey on Josh Norman:

Cg70jliU4AAn-gU.jpg

They were 12-4 two years ago.

The NFL (particularly the NFC East) has changed since then.

The Redskins were 4-12 two years ago. You don't think we are the same team they walked over then in the division?

romoSUCKS has shown he can run a prolific offense for his entire career. If he is healthy the default position will be that they will have a very good offense. Because that's the only position one can take

It has nothing to do with any kind of Cowboy love etc.

Josh Norman's message sounded familiar, but results should be different for Redskins

http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/24711/josh-normans-message-sounded-familiar-but-results-should-be-different-for-redskins

The message was delivered in other media conferences in which theWashington Redskins hailed their new savior, or at least prized addition. Albert Haynesworth was going to continue his domination. Dana Stubblefield regaled the media with tales of his work ethic growing up and how he’d keep tapping into it now that he was flush with more cash.

So here comes cornerback Josh Norman, vowing to keep a massive-sized chip in his shoulder, one that would keep him motivated despite being so highly paid.

romoSUCKS has shown he can run a prolific offense for his entire career. If he is healthy the default position will be that they will have a very good offense. Because that's the only position one can take

Wha'zup? 3-1.jpg

Michael David Smith @MichaelDavSmith 2m2 minutes ago

Would Sam Bradford and the Eagles both agree to Bradford paying back his signing bonus in exchange for being given his release? Who says no?

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 10m10 minutes ago

ICYMI: #Redskins GM Scot McCloughan updates contract extension talks with QB Kirk Cousins: read it in BRBN

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 11m11 minutes ago

ICYMI: McCloughan discusses whether Norman signals change in philosophy, while Norman talks about decision to sign read it in BRBN

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 13m13 minutes ago

It's Redskins mailbag day! So, send me those questions at mike.jones@washpost.com w subject line "Mailbag question."

Washington Redskins @Redskins 13m13 minutes ago

.@NFL legend Jerry Rice is excited to see Josh Norman vs. NFC East WRs this season. 1f4da.png: http://redsk.in/1SomLcU 

Cg95LepWUAEAp0R.jpg

I disagree that there is no "Cowboy love" influence, when they are constantly picked as Super Bowl contenders and playoff contenders. That despite the fact that with the exception of the 2014 season, the Cowboys usually play around .500 football every season.

They've been no better than the Redskins (or other teams in the NFC East) over the last decade, but you wouldn't know it if all you saw of the NFL were the preseason prognostications for the regular season. :)

They were what, a 12-4 team before Tony R and Dez were hurt this season and now have the chance to add a top 5 elite player in the draft.

yeah, this reminds me of 2012, when they added the "best corner in the NFL draft" at #6 with Claiborne and--paired with romoSUCKS and Dez--it was supposed to be the thing that would make them SB contenders.

I disagree that there is no "Cowboy love" influence, when they are constantly picked as Super Bowl contenders and playoff contenders. That despite the fact that with the exception of the 2014 season, the Cowboys usually play around .500 football every season.

They've been no better than the Redskins (or other teams in the NFC East) over the last decade, but you wouldn't know it if all you saw of the NFL were the preseason prognostications for the regular season. :)

Boys no better than the Redskins/NFC East over the last 10y, but you wouldn't know it if all you saw of the NFL were the preseason prognos.

They were what, a 12-4 team before Tony R and Dez were hurt this season and now have the chance to add a top 5 elite player in the draft.

You're leaving out the 450 touches Demarco Murray got. romoSUCKS and Dez have been together a while, it was the career year of Murray that was the difference. romoSUCKS and Dez just being healthy wasn't enough before, it won't be enough now. Especially as injuries add up for both guys.

Archived