Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

London Calling: Martins House of Commons Official Offseason Twitter thread, Crumpets and Biscuits(Cheerleaders) extra

SWFLSkins

Lake Lewis Jr @LakeLewis 1m1 minute ago

Josh Norman on #Redskins Owner Dan Snyder. "He wants to win." "If you got it you got it, if you don't you don't and he has it."

Breaking Burgundy @breakburgundy 5m5 minutes ago

Norman said part of his research on the Redskins involved learning the team colors. Somewhere Jim Zorn is having a eureka moment.

Grant Paulsen @granthpaulsen 2m2 minutes ago

I love that Josh Norman keeps calling Bruce Allen "the President." I think that could stick. No longer Bruce. Just "the president." I'm in.

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980 59s59 seconds ago

@J_No24 IS ON WITH @kevins980 and @thecooleyzone right now talking about how he came to the @Redskins

Anthony Raposa @AnthonyRaposa 3m3 minutes ago

Anthony Raposa Retweeted Sean Murphy

Every fan should be hyped up after that presser. JNo is here to win.

Anthony Raposa added,

Sean Murphy @Murphs56
@AnthonyRaposa Can i be more enthusiastic after hearing him speak than I was when they signed him?

Master Tesfatsion @MasterTes 3m3 minutes ago

We get to hear Josh Norman talk on a consistent basis. I'm cool with that.

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 5m5 minutes ago

Norman referred to "Mr. Bruce," "Mr. Gruden," "Mr. Scot" and "Mr. Snyder."

NFL Network @nflnetwork 6m6 minutes ago

$75 million dollar man.

Cg59S6tU4AE_4EM.jpg

Driving to the crib on my lunch break... (I live in NC right now for those of you who don't know) and the Panthers fans are losing their minds.

Pretty hefty gulf in those who blame the Panthers and those who say Norman left for money.  Most hate Norman now. lol

Favorite quote... "He chose money over winning".

**** you're the Carolina Panthers... ring check

LOLOLOL

I think that the worst feeling is earning the 31st overall pick.  Don't get me wrong, I'd love to make the Super Bowl, but the consolation prize is the second-worst pick and watching 30 teams pick ahead of you, you knowing that you're better than all of them, and then with the 32nd overall you're just another one in the line.

Well, 30th pick this year because #LOLPatriots

Half my tabs are being used for #Rileycoonerwatch, the other half twitter and ES-which was only spinning no matter how many times I refreshed. However that said, I am proud to come in second to such a tireless and worthy guy such as Hap. Not only does he keep this thing humming, he provides space X and NASA updates. 

I'm impressed with Hap as well... Sometimes he posts tweets at what... 4/5 AM? Does he never sleep?

Little tidbit: #49ers were one of several teams which talked to #Panthers about a trade for Josh Norman this offseason. Never got anywhere

They must feel pretty pissed with the situation right now. And Panthers even worse... I mean, you had a team inquiring about a trade, and you end up cutting the player so he sign somewhere else than the team wanting to trade for him?

That's bad management on both sides really. I have to believe some will be looking for a new job anytime soon this season if things go south for either team.

Not really what I wanted to hear. Sure it would give us cap room, but why not let Kirk prove he can do it against a harder schedule and more consistently over a full season? I doubt you're getting a significant discount signing him this year. Let it play out and pony up if you have to next season.

I'm gonna respond here since it was brought up and we do allow for a little bit of discussion about topical tweets, but I want to make sure this doesn't delve into an all out Kirk discussion. So if you'd like to reply please quote me and take it to the Kirk thread. :)

As for your post, that's assuming the football people are still in total evaluation mode with Kirk and need to see more.

I don't think they do. I think they have a pretty good grasp of what he is, what he will be, and what that value is moving forward.

The "prove it against better competition" line isn't on him, it's on the entire team to do better against stronger teams.

He didn't exactly implode against the likes of the Pats, Panthers, and others who were hot at the time of playing them like the Falcons. He actually played well in most of those games. Maybe only the Jets game is one you can say where a hot team got the best of him (he was missing Reed and Desean that game, plus Trent Williams, tough deal really).

So I still maintain that both sides would benefit from getting a long term deal done prior to the deadline. I really feel like they will, and it'll be the best thing for the organization.

Define "hearing"...i have seen one person post something about it on twitter but nothing else. 

I was listening to this a little on the way to work this AM, but missed the part where Chick Hernandez  mentioned it. He might have just been talking about the same thing on twitter for all I know.

http://www.hogshaven.com/2016/4/25/11502364/redskins-to-trade-for-kam-chancellor

Edit: So the station posted the audio later after I posted this. It was just about a 2 second part early in the 9 minute interview where he basically just mentioned the rumor and a little more later on what ifs... 

It's definitely not just smoke. Clearly something behind the scenes. I think the question is what the Skins would be willing to give. Scot likes his picks.

Yea, not trying to call u out at all was just curious because all i have seen is that one tweet lately from the guy SWFL posted...other than that nada....if they are in talks boy are they keeping it hush hush.

Late to the party here but has this guy ever posted anything legit? Or he just trolling everyone?

IMO Hawks would never trade him for 2 4ths

HE was given way to much credit for guessing on the Norman signing, and as TK alluded to was none to accurate. I'm on it though, promised yesterday to watch what happens, #Rileycoonerwatch is in effect. 

Keep hearing skins trying to get Kam.

Keep hearing skins trying to get Kam.

It's definitely not just smoke. Clearly something behind the scenes. I think the question is what the Skins would be willing to give. Scot likes his picks.

Rileycooner is that you? hahhaa, from where? retweets about that tweet. FWIW, I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt so he can hang himself. I see not one credible journalist talking about this as if it has wheels. 

Rambo @Niles_Paul84 53m53 minutes ago

My 2k skills in the mud right now

John Keim @john_keim 1h1 hour ago

Signing Josh Norman won't prevent long-term deal with Kirk Cousins, others  read it in BRBN

michael phillips @michaelpRTD 1h1 hour ago

Josh Norman feud storylines coming in Weeks 2, 3, 12, 13, 15 and 17 (Cowboys, Giants, Cardinals and Panthers). No bit roles for the new guy.

John Keim @john_keim 1h1 hour ago

from @byJimCorbett: Redskins GM Scot McCloughan wasted little time courting Josh Norman read it in BRBN

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 2h2 hours ago

OK, few thoughts on Josh Norman presser - Reminds me of Champ Bailey's cool, calm demeanor. Knows he's good, doesn't have to say it.

But Norman's smile faded when talking about playing in games. You could see that seriousness come through.

3 retweets 6 likes

Chris Russell @Russellmania621 2h2 hours ago

Chris Russell Retweeted Rick Snider

He sure doesn't lack confidence!

Chris Russell added,

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks
OK, few thoughts on Josh Norman presser - Reminds me of Champ Bailey's cool, calm demeanor. Knows he's good, doesn't have to say it.

Liked that Norman looked up Redskins colors so as not to repeat that, uh, awkward Zorn presser when we all knew it wasn't going to work.

Diane Chesebrough @DiChesebrough 2h2 hours ago

Left my phone in the media trailer like a dummy during J. Norman's presser but I was struck by how optimistic he is about the 2016 #Redskns

Overall, Norman is a great signing for this team. Could make a difference in record.

Anthony Raposa @AnthonyRaposa 2h2 hours ago

So who's ordered their burgundy & gold Josh Norman jersey?

HapHaszard ES @HapHaszard 55s55 seconds ago

@AnthonyRaposa Waiting to make sure he pays for #24

ports Journey @SportsJourney 3m3 minutes ago

Via @DiChesebrough -> Washington #Redskins Josh Norman: This Team is on the Rise - http://j.mp/1Nu6XW2  #NFL #NFCEast #HTTR

NFL on ESPN @ESPNNFL 6m6 minutes ago

It took Redskins GM Scot McCloughan 10 minutes to start courting Josh Norman. http://es.pn/26paZoV 

Cg6VQrAWsAAG5MD.jpg

Stephen Czarda @SCzardaRedskins 7m7 minutes ago

5 takeaways from McCloughan's presser including thoughts on Norman, Cousins & the draft. 1f4da.png: http://bit.ly/1VOBH7j 

Cg6U_jqW4AMNSgL.jpg

Archived