Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

London Calling: Martins House of Commons Official Offseason Twitter thread, Crumpets and Biscuits(Cheerleaders) extra

SWFLSkins

Anthony Raposa @AnthonyRaposa 1m1 minute ago

McCloughan: "can never have too many QB's"

Dan Daly @dandalyonsports 14s14 seconds ago

Dan Daly Retweeted Mike Jones

Actually, you'd have to go all the way back to Darrelle Revis in 2014/15. #Patriots #Jets #NFL

Dan Daly added,

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo
McCloughan said Norman was first player in NFL history to be named All-pro and then become free agent next offseason.

Anthony Raposa @AnthonyRaposa 1m1 minute ago

McCloughan giving praise to Galette and is confident he'll live up to the potential and return to his explosiveness.

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 2m2 minutes ago

McCloughan says Galette is still rehabbing but "looks excellent." Sounds like he's confident JG will return to form. #RedskinsTalk

Master Tesfatsion @MasterTes 3m3 minutes ago

"We're going to be OK in the pass rush." - McCloughan on Galette, Kerrigan and Smith. Loves how Junior looks #Redskins

Anthony Raposa @AnthonyRaposa 3m3 minutes ago

McCloughan mentioned Culliver as if he'll be sticking around. Seems to still be in the plans.

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980 3m3 minutes ago

#Skins GM McCloughan on Norman guarding Odell Beckham Jr & Dez Bryant "Bigger Body guys can play bigger body guys"

Anthony Gulizia @AnthonyGulizia 4m4 minutes ago

McCloughan wants to add to pass rush, but feels confident with Junior Galette return, combination of Kerrigan and Preston Smith.

orge Wallace @GWallaceWTOP 5m5 minutes ago

McCloughan on Norman: "He's gonna help us win games."

1. McCloughan says adding a player wo makes them better doesn't change draft plan. Having Norman "helps a lot going against Odell Beckham twice

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 6m6 minutes ago

McCloughan on drafting a cornerback: "another corner? I'd love to. Love to."

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 51s51 seconds ago

McCloughan still wants to acquire more than the eight picks he currently holds. Expects trade talks to wait until draft day, however.

Liz Clarke @lizclarketweet 2m2 minutes ago Ashburn, VA

#Skins GM McCloughan says he's not big proponent of FA, But jumped at Norman b/c of allpro season & age. Still committed 2 build thru draft

Breaking Burgundy @breakburgundy 2m2 minutes ago

GMSM pulled back some on idea of there being one guy he desires most at 21. Said there should be a few options.

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 3m3 minutes ago

McCloughan: "free agency is a tool you use ... this kid is coming off an all-pro season & matches all the characteristics we want."

Washington Redskins @Redskins 4m4 minutes ago

McCloughan says this year's draft is a "strong draft" on both sides of the ball. Reiterates he'd like more picks if possible.

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 5m5 minutes ago

McCloughan says signing Norman doesn't signal a change from his build-thru-the-draft philosophy. And exception was made for an All Pro.

Diane Chesebrough @DiChesebrough 5m5 minutes ago

McCloughan on reconciling the huge signing is based on player. Norman has all they'd want. "We'll still build through the draft #Redskins

Chris Baker joined the news conference and jokingly asked McCloughan if there was any money left over for him after signing Norman.

Master Tesfatsion @MasterTes 50s51 seconds ago

Chris Baker gets the last question. Asked McCloughan if there's anymore money for him. "Yeah, I've got you Baker." #Redskins

Anthony Gulizia @AnthonyGulizia 58s59 seconds ago

Chris Baker drops in on McCloughan presser. "So with the signing of Josh, is there money left for guys like Chris Baker?"

is it a 50/50 thing? Or to be successful are DB's more reliant on that pressure from the front 7 than the other way around?

I would seriously put it as 75/25 in college, and in the NFL, those QBs? wow, really could take all pro corners and still get completions with enough time. 

Brian McNally @bmcnally14 3m3 minutes ago

McCloughan: "We're in discussions...it takes both sides to make it happen." - on long-term negotiations w/ Cousins. "It's a big contract"

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980 4m4 minutes ago

#Skins GM McCloughan on Cousins contract latest " We're in discussions, it's positive, we would love to get something done"

I would seriously put it as 75/25 in college, and in the NFL, those QBs? wow, really could take all pro corners and still get completions with enough time. 

gortiz... You see what the league has become, and those calls for interference.....illegal contact, you have to play the ball now, not the receiver as much.

This is why the emphasis on the lines, Get to the QB, keep them off the QB and run the ball, keeping them off the QB. Simple

is it a 50/50 thing? Or to be successful are DB's more reliant on that pressure from the front 7 than the other way aro

Anthony Raposa @AnthonyRaposa 10m10 minutes ago

McCloughan said the goal is still to get Kirk Cousins a long term deal prior to the deadline.

Burgundy Blog @BurgundyBlog 2m2 minutes ago

You can tell the draft is upon us because McC didn't say anything, about anything.

Erin Hawksworth @ABC7Erin 4m4 minutes ago

Erin Hawksworth Retweeted Washington Redskins

Swaggy having some fun.

Erin Hawksworth added,

0KzttDjoC8KGl7j6.jpg
0:16
Washington Redskins @Redskins
#Redskins GM Scot McCloughan ends his press conference with a funny question from guest-reporter @cbaker92redskin.

Anthony Raposa @AnthonyRaposa 10m10 minutes ago

McCloughan said the goal is still to get Kirk Cousins a long term deal prior to the deadline.

Not really what I wanted to hear.  Sure it would give us cap room, but why not let Kirk prove he can do it against a harder schedule and more consistently over a full season?  I doubt you're getting a significant discount signing him this year.  Let it play out and pony up if you have to next season.

Not really what I wanted to hear.  Sure it would give us cap room, but why not let Kirk prove he can do it against a harder schedule and more consistently over a full season?  I doubt you're getting a significant discount signing him this year.  Let it play out and pony up if you have to next season.

The cost to franchise him next year if they can't get a deal is $24 Million, best to get it out of the way.

I use Dowton Abby, think 

Monty Python's 25 funniest quotes
  •  
  •  

"Well ladies and gentlemen, I don't think any of our contestants this evening have succeeded in encapsulating the intricacies of Proust's masterwork, so I'm going to award the first prize this evening to the girl with the biggest

I use one voice for all englishmen, no offense intended.  It just makes it easier for me to translate.

I use Dowton Abby, think 

Monty Python's 25 funniest quotes
  •  
  •  
python2-large.jpg

"Well ladies and gentlemen, I don't think any of our contestants this evening have succeeded in encapsulating the intricacies of Proust's masterwork, so I'm going to award the first prize this evening to the girl with the biggest

I use one voice for all englishmen, no offense intended.  It just makes it easier for me to translate.

That ES server doubling up posts, be careful out there people......

The cost to franchise him next year if they can't get a deal is $24 Million, best to get it out of the way.

Exactly.  It's $20MM this year and $24MM next year....you can give him that same amount of guaranteed money and then a little more, spread out over a 5 year deal.

1. -"We're going to be OK on the pass rush." Bullish on Galette -Same stuff as all offseason about wanting to sign Cousins long-term

Burgundy Blog @BurgundyBlog 3m3 minutes ago

#Eagles sign two QBs to substantial deals in same offseason, then trade up for another QB, then are "blindsided" when someone gets pissed. 1f914.png

Archived