Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Multiple: The media infatuation for the Cowboys

Alaskins

When you're "America's Team" you get all the hype and national exposure even if you suck out loud with an aging QB, average defense and the OL that's always the "best"

I love how they keep talking about the Cowboys' "awesome" o-line.

Isn't this the same o-line that allowed romoSUCKS to get injured twice last season?

When you're "America's Team" you get all the hype and national exposure even if you suck out loud with an aging QB, average defense and the OL that's always the "best"

We shall see this year what happens.

Are the more so the 12-4 team from two years ago? Or are they more of the 4-12 Romoless team?

My magic 8-Ball tells me 8-8 is on the horizon.

In the 70s when the NFL took over TV, the Cowboys and Steelers were winning, so they have bandwagon fans everywhere.

All of this panders to that.

A lot of kids grow up with the best team as their favorite. they have stars the kid sees, they are on TV a lot, there's marketing..   the Patriots will be this. If you're a younger person, you probably already know someone who you either grew up with or if you're older, you know someone who has a kid that is a Pats fan and has no connection to Boston at all.

~Bang

I also love how drafting a player that isn't going to play in 2016 means you're awesome and are going to run roughshod over the division. I mean, good lord, the delusion.

I believe they said during the draft that picking Jaylon Smith was "thinking outside the box" and nobody does that better than Jerrah. I swear that's what they said.

All the Networks just keep hoping against hope that someday their media darling, most popular girl, ratings boosting, sweetheart team will someday go to another SB. It's like they get on their knees and pray every night before going to bed:

"And bless Tony, Jerrah, Dez, the Star and the cheerleaders. And God...can you please put them in the super bowl. I promise I'll be good. I'll give to charity. I'll do anything. Pleeeeeeaaaasssseeeee!"

I just don't understand how you immediately follow up the big "win now" pick in Elliott with the big "will he ever play again" pick in Smith. It's like Jerry was ****ing and moaning about trading up for Lynch so they threw him Smith to shut him up.

You'd think they would've had their fill of super talented, yet three dollar china set LB's.

Apparently not

Like the 3 previous years before 12-4 and 4-12 lol...

What's your take on the Cowboys' first 2 draft picks?

I love the Zeke pick. He should be pretty amazing behind our offensive line. I'm guessing Garrett wants to keep the ball in the offenses hands and keep the average defense off the field.

I'm torn on the Smith pick. My immediate reaction was, "Why! We need players this year!" We are also not in the luxury of drafting future draft picks as a New England, Denver etc. He could be a Pro Bowler or he could never play again. My honest opinion, is I don't like it. It was rumored we wanted the two guys who went before Smith. Time will tell.

I love the Zeke pick. He should be pretty amazing behind our offensive line. I'm guessing Garrett wants to keep the ball in the offenses hands and keep the average defense off the field.

I'm torn on the Smith pick. My immediate reaction was, "Why! We need players this year!" We are also not in the luxury of drafting future draft picks as a New England, Denver etc. He could be a Pro Bowler or he could never play again. My honest opinion, is I don't like it. It was rumored we wanted the two guys who went before Smith. Time will tell.

I'm not sure there would have been a player you guys could have picked at #4 that I would have been good with lol...well, outside of maybe drafting that kicker the Bucs took.

The so called "experts" are basing their draft on Elliott, Smith and Prescott.

Elliott is a good player. Not sure he's the next Adrian Peterson, but I would have taken Ramsey if I were Dallass. McFadden is decent enough for one more year and Dallass needs defense.

Smith won't play this year; hell, he may never play.

I think they will be hard pressed to make Prescott their next QB. He has "lots" of flaws and quite frankly I think he won't turn out so good.

Excluding our draft, I was more impressed with Chicago, Minnesota, Cincinnati, Buffalo and Jacksonville's drafts.

I love the Zeke pick. He should be pretty amazing behind our offensive line. 

I'm torn on the Smith pick. My honest opinion, is I don't like it. It was rumored we wanted the two guys who went before Smith. Time will tell.

You have to be to most level headed, real Cowboy fan in existence.  You shoot straight and don't get caught up in the frenzy that IS Dallas Cowboys football.  I like it.  I agree with your assessment. The second pick may turn out to be amazing.  It may prove to be not so good; time will tell.  I do know it does not help this year and there are some guys on your team whose sand in the hourglass is mostly at the bottom. Important guys that they have not really tried, with concerted effort, to replace. That would be the most concerning thing to me. Do you think Dallas will be able to keep their Oline intact once their rookie deals expire?  Will they devote all resources there and ignore the D as they seemingly always do?  At Cowboyszone it is hilarious; everyone is convinced they will run run the ball and not have to worry about a porous defense.  Personally I prefer balance, and the Redskins are going to be damn good on offense themselves, and will be improved defensively. Zeke better be all everyone hopes or it may be a rough year, seriously. 

You have to be to most level headed, real Cowboy fan in existence.  You shoot straight and don't get caught up in the frenzy that IS Dallas Cowboys football. 

Honestly, I think the small group of dallas fans that post here are all fairly even keeled. They have their bias, which is understandable, but they generally aren't over the top and don't really talk much trash even if they beat us. Some of them are every bit as harsh regarding the moves dallas makes or skeletor's social missteps as we are.

It's the philthy fans that generally make you scratch your head, and not even all of them. I think pointy is a pretty decent poster.

Back to the topic at hand.

I watched some zeke highlights and wasn't overly impressed. I doubt he turns out to be a bust as I'm sure he'll be productive, but I don't know that he's going to wind up showing he was worthy of a #4 overall pick. I think dallas will be a better team than last year if romoSUCKS stays healthy and definitely should be considered a serious contender for the east title, but barring some unforeseen run by that team I don't see them going any further than the divisional round of the playoffs assuming they even get in.

Honestly, I think the small group of dallas fans that post here are all fairly even keeled. They have their bias, which is understandable, but they generally aren't over the top and don't really talk much trash even if they beat us. Some of them are every bit as harsh regarding the moves dallas makes or skeletor's social missteps as we are.

I agree.  What is hilarious is that I live in DFW.  Arlington, TX to be exact.  The fans here are soooo much more critical of their moves than a Cowboyszone board or mediots.  That defines bandwagon fans to me, and by no means their fault.  Marketing genius.  Down here, being truthful, they HATE the way Scot is building our team.  Conversely, I absolutely love it. Hail 

"Smart teams use the advantages given to them, and the Cowboys can draft a clear quarterback of the future here and not be rushed into playing him. It's really a no-brainer."  They certainly no brained this draft.  Seriously.  It was questionable, at the VERY best.  Fine with me.  Love Jerry's fingerprints on every draft.  I hope he lives to 1,000.  Perfect. Hail.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone that wants a good laugh needs to read this...

Am I alone? I believe this team will go to the SB is we stay healthy

That guy is just crazy.  What he, and many other fans don't seem to realize, is that our defense just can't compete with the rest of the league.  Returning to the 2014 formula will probably get the same results.  A semi-injured Rodgers was able to pick apart the Dallas defense because they couldn't get any pressure.  We have to have some threat on the defensive side of the ball.  Now, I do believe the Zeke pick to be a good one that should, with the help of the O-line, extend romoSUCKS's career.  Once romoSUCKS retires, this team will be done for awhile...

• 1 month later...

Randomness this morning on MLB Radio, former Nationals idiot GM Jim Bowden: Cowboys win the Super Bowl, they have the best O-line in the league, Elliot will be Adrian Peterson, without the fumbles (so...better than Adrian Peterson). Did I mention how big of a moron Bowden is?

Archived