Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Celebrity Endorsed Bitter About The Redskins Topic

Qdeathstar

We'll use this topic to post quotes from people who are post negative bitter things about the Redskins, then we'll talk about how stupid and ignorant they are. ok, so this is from PFT by Florio himself...

Third, I’m sorry I assumed that Gruden’s mediocre, 7-7 team would be worse than mediocre.

The team is in contention for a playoff spot only because it’s currently the best team in one of the worst divisions in football. If Tony Romo’s collarbone hadn’t broken twice, Washington would have no chance to play beyond Week 17. And if/when they appear in a playoff game, at home against most likely the Seahawks, Washington may wish they didn’t make it to the playoffs at all.

like romo was going go save the Cowboys. He might have won a few more games for them, but let's not pretend they'd become undefeted.

This is the full post from Florio:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/23/jay-gruden-motivates-team-with-low-preseason-ranking/

While the tone of Florio's post is unnecessarily snarky, I don't disagree with the opinion that the Cowboys win the division this season with a healthy romoSUCKS all season.  Its true that the Skins were without Jackson for a while and Reed for a few games, but QB is the most important position.

Having said that, I anticipate a nice battle for the NFC East in 2016 between the Skins and Boys.

This is the full post from Florio:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/23/jay-gruden-motivates-team-with-low-preseason-ranking/

While the tone of Florio's post is unnecessarily snarky, I don't disagree with the opinion that the Cowboys win the division this season with a healthy romoSUCKS all season.  Its true that the Skins were without Jackson for a while and Reed for a few games, but QB is the most important position.

Having said that, I anticipate a nice battle for the NFC East in 2016 between the Skins and Boys.

I don't know if you can assume that.  Romo led COwboys have failed to win the East numerous times

I don't know if you can assume that.  romoSUCKS led COwboys have failed to win the East numerous times

Thing I've noticed is that a bad D has been the culprit of the Cowboys woes in the Romo era.  Its funny that 2014 was the one season in recent years that the Cowboys were not as hyped because everyone thought their defense was going to be historically horrendous, and instead they were solid and helped Dallas to a 12-4 record. I think their D has also been pretty decent this season and having Romo in there probably would've made the difference in a decent number of the close games. I don't think they'd be on the level of Carolina, Arizona, or New England record-wise, but I could see them being around 9-5 at this point.

Yea, and if we had Junior Galette, Romo would have broken the collarbone three times...

Every team has injuries and it's not an excuse. We just happen to have a better QB at this time who happens to lead the league in almost every QB stat.. Though I doubt the love for the team with a star as a logo will ever be looked upon as mediocre from the media types... They'll never realize that Aikman/Irvin/Ishmael/Smith have been gone for quite a while, as have Rypien/Monk/Clark/Sanders/Byner

We'll use this topic to post quotes from people who are post negative bitter things about the Redskins, then we'll talk about how stupid and ignorant they are. ok, so this is from PFT by Florio himself...

like romoSUCKS was going go save the Cowboys. He might have won a few more games for them, but let's not pretend they'd become undefeted.

oh how sweet would it be to win the division and a home playoff game.

I don't have a problem with him saying it because he's right. Dallas would be winning this division with Tony R being healthy all season.

That said, injuries happen and we have a chance to take the division Saturday providing further invaluable big game experience for our still young and developing team that we didn't expect to happen.

I expect a battle next season with Dallas for it. These are the type of things that can springboard our team to the next level in future seasons, getting that confidence high, taste for more and the extra experience

Don't ever apologize to anyone for winning your division.  You can only play who is on your schedule, and you can only play with the players on your roster who are healthy.  You can't control either one of those things, and you can't control who gets injured on any other team either.  (I understand you already know this, I'm not trying to insult anyone's intelligence.) 

I swear It feels like I'm the only person alive who thinks things all the way through lol...(not talking about anyone here on this thread btw)

Florio claims the Skins wouldn't be in contention for a playoff spot if Romo were healthy. Let's run with that.

A healthy romo would have no bearing on the Skins current record...they'd still be 7-7. If the Cowboys record would have been, say, 9-5 with Romo, the Redskins could still be in contention for the division title. It would depend on which 5 extra games they won. The idea that the Giants--who took both the Patriots and Panthers down to the wire and almost beat the Cowboys with a healthy Romo--couldn't beat the Cowboys the 2nd time they played is laughable. And the Eagles--who actually DID beat the Patriots--would not have been an automatic win with Romo, either. So it's incredibly realistic that the Cowboys record right now with a healthy Romo could have been 9-5 with a 3-2 division record. If so, it would mean that the Redskins winning their last two games while Dallas loses to the Bills would make the Redskins division champs. So having Romo back doesn't guarantee anything.

But let's assume that the Cowboys would be 10-4 with Romo...they would indeed have already wrapped up the division if so.

However, the Redskins could have still been in contention for a wildcard spot anyway.

There are only 5 teams in the NFC with a better record than the Skins. Right now both wildcard teams are 9-5. However, one of those two wildcard teams played the Romo-less Cowboys and won by a point.

So it's extremely possible the Cowboys with Romo could have won that game...which means the last wildcard team would currently have an 8-6 record...one game up on the Redskins with 2 games to go.

So, no, Florio...even WITH Romo, the Redskins could be in contention for the playoffs right now.

His argument is the very definition of a straw man, anyway. He didn't say "worse than mediocre". A phrase like that would've never been a problem, because that could mean anywhere in the bottom half of the league. No, he projected the Redskins to be the worst team in the league, period. 

It's not a big deal, Florio. You were wrong. You went overboard. Just admit it and stop being a cry baby about it.

Here, I'll give you a line you could use:

"Yes, I was completely wrong, though I guess I could be forgiven for assuming the worst with the Redskins as they had a terrible couple of years. That being said, I should've looked at the improvements they made by bringing in a legitimate GM in Scot McCloughan, as well as the fact that there was some level of stability at the coaching ranks to recognize they probably wouldn't have done worse. Lesson learned and good for them."

I mean, who gets bitter and salty about silly predictions/projections anyway, really? Does he have the mental aptitude of a 4 year old? Seriously, the NFL is such a year to year league... heck, that's all he had to say. "Yeah, no one has any idea really with these power rankings, it's tough to judge". That's it.

Yeesh. That tweet from the team was a perfect response now that I read the article. :lol:     

Thing I've noticed is that a bad D has been the culprit of the Cowboys woes in the romoSUCKS era.  Its funny that 2014 was the one season in recent years that the Cowboys were not as hyped because everyone thought their defense was going to be historically horrendous, and instead they were solid and helped Dallas to a 12-4 record. I think their D has also been pretty decent this season and having romoSUCKS in there probably would've made the difference in a decent number of the close games. I don't think they'd be on the level of Carolina, Arizona, or New England record-wise, but I could see them being around 9-5 at this point.

Their D was better than expected, but make no mistake, the reason the cowpukes did better last year was a running game. They have had good Ds before and still underachieved. they have never really given romo a running game until last year. It's no coincidence that he had his best year as a pro.

like romoSUCKS was going go save the Cowboys. He might have won a few more games for them, but let's not pretend they'd become undefeted.

Actually, I'll point out that, if The Magical romoSUCKS had played all year, and had won every game, then the Redskins record, right now, would be . . . exactly the same. (And the Giants' and Eagles' records would be one game worse, each.) 

But then, what should I expect from an "expert" who defends himself being spectacularly wrong, by grumbling that "well, my prediction was only off by 16 spots or so"?

What ifs are always a sign of a full diaper.

It doesn't matter if the Redskins are in a lousy division that will allow them a playoff spot.

Put them in the best division and take away the playoff spot.

they are still a team who's won 4 out of their last 6, and have gotten better as the season wears on.

They still have a QB on the rise, and importantly,, NOTHING SPECTACULAR>. no Brett Favre type OMG plays.. just steady solid winning QB play. Cousins shows every indication of being able to sustain this, because what he's doing is not superhuman individual effort. No flukey plays, very few lucky bounces.  He's running the offense, and the offense is working.

They are still a team who could finish 9-7, which is a lot more than  most of the teams will be able to say.. and even if they finish 7-9 They are still a team who has grown measurably since last season, and have felt all the waves of bull**** steady out under their feet.

They are still a team who is solidifying a good foundation.

They are still a team that will look forward to 2016 with something other than hoping to answer questions and silence critics. The Redskins are on the rise, and it doesn't matter any of that "what if" whining or 'bad division' excuses. It changes nothing of the growth of the team we've witnessed.

They're getting better, and that has nothing to do with romoSUCKS being hurt, or where or who they play.

Dry your eyes and Hail to the Redskins, Florio.

~Bang

With how many hilarious ways Romo and the Cowboys have found to lose games they've led by multiple TD's and the fact that they don't have the one thing that changed that last season, that running game, I'd say that Florio is just full of ****. Romo would likely be right back to 8-8 at best this year because what was their record every single year before last year?

Oh yeah, 8-8 3 years in a row and 6-10 before that.

Romo is an 8-8 QB without an elite running game. Our QB right now is at least that good.

Oh yeah, 8-8 3 years in a row and 6-10 before that.

romoSUCKS is an 8-8 QB without an elite running game. Our QB right now is at least that good.

Yep, this.

We started out with an elite running game, and lost it. We're still better.

And our QB has managed to NOT get pounded into wearing sweatpants on the sideline. Hail, Cap'n Kirk!

I'm ecstatic right now. Yesterday, I had a bar full of Falcons fans praising my team & their effort this season. Life is good.

Change that...life is great!

HTTR!

Nuff said....

Injured Players 89 Carrier, Derek (IR) news.gifinjury.gif TE 6-4 241 7/25/1990 3 Beloit 29 Culliver, Chris (IR) news.gifinjury.gif CB 6-0 199 8/17/1988 5 South Carolina 58 Galette, Junior (IR) news.gifinjury.gif DE 6-2 258 3/27/1988 6 Stillman   Gayle, James (IR) news.gifinjury.gif DE 6-4 255 2/15/1991 R Virginia Tech 55 Hayward, Adam (IR) news.gifinjury.gif OLB 6-1 240 6/23/1984 9 Portland State 24 Ihenacho, Duke (IR) news.gifinjury.gif SS 6-1 207 6/16/1989 4 San Jose State 53 Jeffcoat, Jackson (IR) news.gifinjury.gif OLB 6-3 253 12/26/1990 2 Texas 77 Lauvao, Shawn (IR) news.gifinjury.gif G 6-3 315 10/26/1987 6 Arizona State 90 Paea, Stephen (IR) news.gifinjury.gif DE 6-1 300 5/11/1988 5 Oregon State 84 Paul, Niles (IR) news.gifinjury.gif TE 6-1 241 8/9/1989 5 Nebraska 82 Paulsen, Logan (IR) news.gifinjury.gif TE 6-5 261 2/26/1987 6 UCLA 32 Redd, Silas (IR) news.gifinjury.gif RB 5-10 200 3/1/1992 2 USC 12 Roberts, Andre (IR) news.gifinjury.gif WR 5-11 187 1/9/1988 6 The Citadel 50 Spaight, Martrell (IR) news.gifinjury.gif OLB 6-0 236 8/5/1993 R Arkansas

Why is it when I look at this quote the phase if my grandfather was wearing my grandmothers underware he could be my grandmother?

So Florio if Grant didn't fall down and caught that ball we win in Atlanta.  If our Kicker at the time was Hopkins we win the Miami game. If If If If If...in fact my ifs are better than yours because if Romo didn't get hurt how do you know he could have won more than a couple?

I really don't care much about what Florio writes about the Skins or what he writes about alternative scenarios to justify the under-performance of whatever team he held in his mind as the favorite to win. So, I don't need him to now eat crow to feel good.

In the long run, if the Skins continue to improve, Florio and his ilk will have to start providing better press on their efforts and viewing the team in the "better light" they've earned with their improved performances. Because if mediots like Florio do not, then people will start to dismiss their articles as not being accurate, and will look for better, more realistic sources of information. (After all, you don't want to be recycling sports opinions that always turn out to be wrong.)

Right now, it's enough for me that it's Game 16 and the Skins are still in the playoff hunt. I just wanted the team to be competitive this year, and to make me want to watch each game for all four quarters, because we still had a chance to pull out a win. And, boy, has the team delivered on that, and more. To me, there's been one of the greatest things about this team's season, is that it's always trying its best to compete, right down to the final whistle.

So maybe we make the playoffs, or maybe we don't. Maybe we win the first round of a playoff game, or maybe we don't. But I know that the team will have given its all, in trying to do so. Consequently I firmly believe this team will be even better in the future for having done so and for having developed a never-say-die winner's mindset. And THAT's the thing I can take away from this very enjoyable season to feel good about... not what some spin-doctor mediot might be thinking about the Skins this particular week.

What ifs are always a sign of a full diaper.

..as the late Ken Beatrice used to say:  If Ifs and buts were candy and nuts, OH what a party we'd have....you're next on sports call...Hal-low...

Remember how funny it was that Romo predicted a Cowboys SB victory last April?

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/4/24/8490605/tony-romo-predicts-cowboys-super-bowl-50-victory

...IMHO, IT'S STILL FUNNY.......

Jerry's take on the 2015 season:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jerry-jones-2015-cowboys-%e2%80%98much-less-than-we-paid-for%e2%80%99/ar-BBnRrNv?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

Nuff said....

Injured Players 89 Carrier, Derek (IR) news.gifinjury.gif TE 6-4 241 7/25/1990 3 Beloit 29 Culliver, Chris (IR) news.gifinjury.gif CB 6-0 199 8/17/1988 5 South Carolina 58 Galette, Junior (IR) news.gifinjury.gif DE 6-2 258 3/27/1988 6 Stillman   Gayle, James (IR) news.gifinjury.gif DE 6-4 255 2/15/1991 R Virginia Tech 55 Hayward, Adam (IR) news.gifinjury.gif OLB 6-1 240 6/23/1984 9 Portland State 24 Ihenacho, Duke (IR) news.gifinjury.gif SS 6-1 207 6/16/1989 4 San Jose State 53 Jeffcoat, Jackson (IR) news.gifinjury.gif OLB 6-3 253 12/26/1990 2 Texas 77 Lauvao, Shawn (IR) news.gifinjury.gif G 6-3 315 10/26/1987 6 Arizona State 90 Paea, Stephen (IR) news.gifinjury.gif DE 6-1 300 5/11/1988 5 Oregon State 84 Paul, Niles (IR) news.gifinjury.gif TE 6-1 241 8/9/1989 5 Nebraska 82 Paulsen, Logan (IR) news.gifinjury.gif TE 6-5 261 2/26/1987 6 UCLA 32 Redd, Silas (IR) news.gifinjury.gif RB 5-10 200 3/1/1992 2 USC 12 Roberts, Andre (IR) news.gifinjury.gif WR 5-11 187 1/9/1988 6 The Citadel 50 Spaight, Martrell (IR) news.gifinjury.gif OLB 6-0 236 8/5/1993 R Arkansas

Good data - I will add this:  http://www.mangameslost.com/nfl-week-15-games-missed-due-to-injury-december-23-2015/

I think, in general, people are hating that they weren't right about us. It shows in the kind of comments like Florio's. It a whole lot of backhanded compliments or just giving us no credit for anything.

And anything short of a deep playoff run will result in "see, I knew they weren't any good" type responses. Whether it be the team as a whole, or Cousins, Gruden, whatever.

Archived