Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Celebrity Endorsed Bitter About The Redskins Topic

Qdeathstar

Pete Prisco, of all people, shows Florio the right way to approach things: (this was written 3 weeks ago)

"So, for all those who say I can't say the word, here you go: I was wrong.

The Redskins are in first place. Can you believe it?

Coach Jay Gruden deserves a ton of credit for getting this team to where it is right now, which is in control of its own playoff possibility with five weeks to go. He made the decision to go to Kirk Cousins at quarterback, and that is paying off.

Cousins needs to be more consistent, but he has had moments where he's looked like a quality starter. There are others where he's looked average. He probably has done enough to earn a new contract, and he should be the starter, but the next five weeks will be huge for him and this team.

The Redskins beat the Giants last week to get to 5-6 and tie the Giants for the top spot in the weak NFC East. Washington's schedule isn't brutal down the stretch with two games against the Tony Romo-less Cowboys and one against the floundering Eagles.

Washington is 19th in point differential, so it's not like they are dominating teams. But they've found a way to get to the top of the bad NFC East. Whether they can stay at the top remains to be seen, but so far they have earned respect for where they are right now.

I was wrong about them.

There, I said it."

Who really cares? Opinions are like bungholes; the only fact we should be focused on is the outcome of the upcoming game.

The only fact the TEAM should be focused on right now is the upcoming game. We fans can focus on whatever we want lol...

Right now I'm focusing on a slice of lemon meringue cheesecake that's in the fridge. Hope that doesn't detail the Skins on Saturday *grin*..,

romoSUCKS is one of the better QBs in the league.  That having been said I agree, it would have no bearing on our record thus far, and even if romoSUCKS hadn't broken it a separate time, I'm unconvinced that they'd be in the running for the division.  if Anything, is suspect you see us with more of a lead.

This is the full post from Florio:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/23/jay-gruden-motivates-team-with-low-preseason-ranking/

While the tone of Florio's post is unnecessarily snarky, I don't disagree with the opinion that the Cowboys win the division this season with a healthy romoSUCKS all season.  Its true that the Skins were without Jackson for a while and Reed for a few games, but QB is the most important position.

Having said that, I anticipate a nice battle for the NFC East in 2016 between the Skins and Boys.

I think all four teams will be better next year.

I think it's giving the Cowboys a lot of credit to say they would've run away with the division if Romo were healthy. I think the division would still be a free for all with everybody bunched up. They've got 4 wins now, maybe they get 2-4 more with him there. They have had a lot of close games where decent QB play might've been the difference. It still would go to the last couple weeks.

You guys should do what I did a long time ago. Click the "unfollow" button on Twitter for PFT. It's not like they actually report on anything. They take other people's reports, write up a stupid couple paragraph story on them (giving credit to the people who actually, you know, reported it), and actually make money on it. They add zero value to the NFL media scene. And all that is before you consider that Florio is a giant douche.

Just ignore them, you won't miss out on anything.

After last weeks round of games were completed the Redskins,as a team,had the 4th most games lost to injuries for the season. The Cowboys aren't in the top 10.Pretty unprofessional for Prisco to respond as he did.

This sight shows us at #1. Can share your source? I am wondering what the difference is.

http://www.mangameslost.com/nfl-week-15-games-missed-due-to-injury-december-23-2015/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/24/pfts-week-16-picks-5/

Washington at Eagles

MDS’s take: Washington can clinch the NFC East with a win, but I think the Eagles, with their backs against the wall, will come out with a surprisingly good game and keep the division competitive into Week 17.

MDS’s pick: Eagles 21, Washington 20.

Florio’s take: I apparently helped give Jay Gruden ammunition for motivation before the season by putting his team at No. 32. Here’s a little more motivation for Gruden’s gang.

Florio’s pick: Eagles 24, Washington 17.

Florio is an idiot, the redskins could also be sitting at 9-5 had they not given the Dolphins the game in week 1 and played their worst game of the year against Dallas. The fact is the team is 7-7 and has one the better playing QBs in the league right now. Anything can happen.

Its funny because if its the Giants or Eagles in prime position to win the NFC East, the articles would read something like "Giants/Eagles fight through adversity to grind out a tough NFC East division that was up for grabs after the Romo injury."

Instead the narrative is: oh the division is so bad that the terrible Redskins are going to be lucky enough to win it.

Nevermind the fact that the AFC South is actually worse and BRANDON WEEDEN is leading the division leader there.

The NFC East is so bad that the 3rd place team nearly beat the undefeated Panthers and the 4th place team nearly beat the Jets. Meanwhile if the Skins win out, they win the NFC East with a 9-7 record.

And the QB for the 1st place team has the highest

What a terrible division

And the 2nd place team BEAT the previously undefeated Patriots.

and the QB for the 1st lace team has the highest passer rating than all other QBs besides Wilson and Newton over the last 8 weeks.

This is silly. Why trash the redskins for beating the teams put on their schedule? This is an rebuilding team in the first year with a new GM and new starting QB who's learning an second-year coaches system and for all the hell I've given both of them, they've taken the punches and have come back swinging. What is the need to continue trashing this organization that has been nothing but professional for a change?

If they make the playoffs in Scots first year as GM than its nothing short of an miracle. Jay, Kirk and McVay have all been learning and growing as the season has gone on and Scot has done an fantastic job showing confidence in all three of them and not panicking like a lot of us did. I understood trashing this organization when they were doing stupid stuff but they've been an breath of fresh air this year. Let it go, Florio.

Archived