Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

3 hours ago, visionary said:

God Damn this administration.

I don't understand how this program can solely be at the discretion of the President. If Trump and his White nationalist cabal get away with this we might as well take a wrecking ball to the Statue of Liberty and a lit match to the Declaration of Independence.

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

It is truly hard not to wake up every morning pissed off. Or just hurt. Maybe a combination of both.

He'd better hire the best security he can along with his agents once he leaves the WH.

Unfortunately, he'll still rate a secret security detail. All Presidents do. If, he flees to Russia, as might be the case then that goes away.

• Sad 1

These ****s are doing everything they can to make it as hard as possible for people to come here legally.  Or stay here once they do.  Which of course means more people coming illegally or trying to get here via more dangerous ways and dying along the way.

Edited by visionary

Immigration officers at O’Hare detain 3 children who are U.S. citizens: Congresswoman calls it ‘kidnapping of children by our government’

Three children who are U.S. citizens were held by border protection officers for several hours at O’Hare International Airport Thursday after arriving from Mexico with a relative, prompting a U.S. congresswoman, Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot and the Mexican Consulate in Chicago to intervene and immigration activists to protest.

Activists asserted that U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers detained the children — aged 9, 10 and 13 — as a means to bait and then arrest their parents when they came to retrieve them, because the parents are in the U.S. illegally. Activists rushed to O’Hare attempting to raise questions about why the children were being held.

Customs and Border Protection confirmed in an email that the girls were stopped at O’Hare because the adult they were traveling with was “deemed inadmissible.”

“U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers have attempted numerous times today to reach family members to pick up the children,” according to the statement.

Schakowsky said the children had traveled with an adult who had a valid visa, though that could not be independently confirmed. The adult was being sent back Thursday to Mexico, she said.

“I’m going to try to go in and see why our government is acting this way to three minors that have every right to travel,” Schakowsky said before entering the Customs and Border Protection office. “Three citizens of the United States of America. What is going on here? This is completely out of control.”

Click on the link for the full article

38 minutes ago, twa said:

The kids were simply kept till a legal guardian arrived....non-story

If the adult(s) they were traveling with were illegal, then I'd agree with you. There seems to be dispute whether that is the case. 

On 7/19/2019 at 6:22 AM, Burgold said:

I don't understand how this program can solely be at the discretion of the President. If Trump and his White nationalist cabal get away with this we might as well take a wrecking ball to the Statue of Liberty and a lit match to the Declaration of Independence.

I'd bet that is the plan for him.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Larry said:

If the adult(s) they were traveling with were illegal, then I'd agree with you. There seems to be dispute whether that is the case. 

The adult can be denied entry for many reasons despite having a visa, many people are.

The illegal parents simply panicked and did everything but what was needed first.

My gf woke up this morning telling me she had a nightmare Trump supporters were killing immigrants in the street like some African genocide, she's from Nigeria.  I had to do my best to convince her that wont happen, it helped, but I knew I was trying to convince myself as well even if she didnt.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3