Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

4 minutes ago, twa said:

Investigations and attempts to locate witnesses or perps are done ALL the time w/o warrants Larry.

Did ICE need a warrant, in that particular case?  

If the answer is "Yes", then I'm curious why they didn't get one, before they went there? 

If your answer is "No", then what's your explanation for why they aborted their mission when somebody asked them for one?  

18 minutes ago, Larry said:

Did ICE need a warrant, in that particular case?  

If the answer is "Yes", then I'm curious why they didn't get one, before they went there? 

If your answer is "No", then what's your explanation for why they aborted their mission when somebody asked them for one?  

No they do not need a SEARCH warrant to ask questions or attempt to enter.

add

they probably were seeking information on someone that has a warrant (order of deportation) out on them.....since that is part of the job.

further add since you might quibble details more

https://www.ilrc.org/sites/default/files/resources/i-200_and_i-205_sample_annotated.pdf

Edited by twa
1 hour ago, twa said:

No they do not need a SEARCH warrant to ask questions or attempt to enter.

add

they probably were seeking information on someone that has a warrant (order of deportation) out on them.....since that is part of the job.

further add since you might quibble details more

https://www.ilrc.org/sites/default/files/resources/i-200_and_i-205_sample_annotated.pdf

I did not specify a SEARCH warrant.  Nor did I ask whether they needed one in order to do something which they may or may not have been doing in this case.  

I asked "Did they need a warrant, in this case?" 

But please, feel free to add a couple of words to what I asked, then create a scenario which may or may not have matched this case, and then accuse me of quibbling.  

If You Oppose Punishing and Deporting Undocumented Workers, You Should also Oppose Punishing Employers that Hire Them

Punishing employers is unjust for many of the same reasons as punishing the workers. And doing so harms the workers, too.

https://reason.com/2019/08/11/if-you-oppose-punishing-and-deporting-undocumented-workers-you-should-also-oppose-punishing-employers-that-hire-them/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

what say ye oh wise ones?

2 hours ago, twa said:

what say ye oh wise ones?

Won't somebody please think of the children of those CEOs who've been hiring hundreds of illegals for years?  

What would little Kush do without his Daddy?  

15 minutes ago, Larry said:

Might wanna actually read a bit of the article above before swallowing the clickbait headline that was posted.  

Always a wise choice for any article/tweet or whatever

We loooove legal immigration...........so much that we want to make it harder to get in through legal means.

Once again Trump not doing things to help the situation.

It makes no sense to means test (as far as income/personal wealth goes) undocumented workers considering a lot of the work that the 1st gen immigrants do when they get here tends to be related to them not being very well off in the first place. I don't think wealthy immigrants are going to come over and march right to the poultry processing plant. 

Bbbbuuuutttt, 

Making staying in the country dependent on continued employment DOES make it much easier for employers to threaten immigrants with deportation if they get uppity. And makes it tougher for them to have families and kids and things. 

• Sad 1