Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

59 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I have a sinking feeling that riots are on the horizon. This psychopath has ripped the country apart majorly.

Actually, I think the opposite.  This fool is trying his hardest to divide, but in actuality, he's brought more people together.  These protests are a thing of beauty.  Sucks that this is where we're at as a nation, but strength in numbers. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Burgold said:

How can they do this without consulting or at least talking to any of the agencies that need to enforce it?

This appears to be how trump does business.

Couple that with his genuine lack of experience in politics, along with the people he's surrounded himself with, and this is how he's going to do things.

He did the same with with his other EO's.

People have been warning against the EO's going back to the Bush admin and saying someone one day might use this ever-growing power to do dumb/bad stuff. Well, here we are. Didn't take long.

You think this is bad? Wait until the trump admin starts using drone strike orders. Wait until another US citizen is targeted over seas. Think he's going to show the same discretion we (at least some of us) assumed the Obama admin was using?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RonArtest15 said:

Actually, I think the opposite.  This fool is trying his hardest to divide, but in actuality, he's brought more people together.  These protests are a thing of beauty.  Sucks that this is where we're at as a nation, but strength in numbers. 

You're really only seeing that in big urban areas though. There are two Americas and rural America is celebrating banning all the muslims because you know they're all terrorists who want to kill us!! These are the same morons after all that voted for Trumperino in the first place.

• Like 4

Just now, Corcaigh said:

That's not how kings or emperors operate

I've been saying that too. He believes he is emperor of the US. That Congress and the rest of us are his servants, peasants, and slaves. Congress needs to assert itself immediately or Trump will get even more audacious.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

It definitely has strengthened the opposition. But he has got where is through exploiting fear (Mexican rapists, courting nationalists and white supremacists, etc.)

Does he have enough of a base? Is he willfully trying to engineer a crisis where he could suspend normal society?

Edited by Corcaigh

1 minute ago, Corcaigh said:

It definitely has strengthened the opposition. But he has got where is through exploiting fear (Mexican rapists, courting nationalists and white supremacists, etc.)

Does he have enough of a base? Is he willfully trying to engineer a crisis where he could suspend normal society?

I really want to believe the people who support what Trump want are an extreme minority. The election suggests they are not. Yes, Clinton won the popular vote... and she probably won it by a much larger total than reported (more and more I'm leaning towards tin foil hat thinking of Russians hacking certain states or districts or Republican areas losing, miscounting, etc. with the vote before them.)

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

You're really only seeing that in big urban areas though. There are two Americas and rural America is celebrating banning all the muslims because you know they're all terrorists who want to kill us!! These are the same morons after all that voted for Trumperino in the first place.

Do those rural folk understand he is not banning all Muslims?

Not even all from the selected countries.

or are they too ignorant and biased?

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

This is exactly how I feel.  The protests you see are occurring in Urban America.  You can only need to look at comments section of any Yahoo news stories to understand how his supporters are feeling.  They are giddy right now. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I hear you....but the Women's March last weekend really opened my eyes to how many places around the world (rural areas, too) that despise what Trump stands for.  If I'm not mistaken, his approval ratings plummeted even more.  For as crappy as his tenure has been so far, I do have hope that he'll somehow be out of office before his term is over. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

I think he has enough of a base, unfortunately.  Look how Rural America came to vote for him in droves.  Many rural areas that Obama won, Trump managed to win.  Now, back then we had a terrible economy, and they had no choice.  But the moment the economy improved, you can see how they actually feel.

Edited by redskins59

Just now, RonArtest15 said:

He swore under oath to uphold The Constitution.  He's gone against that with a few things in his first 9 days in office.  PLEASE tell me these are grounds to get the ball rolling for an impeachment hearing. 

that would require testicular fortitude from politicians who have shown themselves lacking

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DogofWar1 said:

Mitch McConnell, is, if nothing else, extremely consistent in his terribleness.

He has a chance to lead the charge in defending America from Trump, and he's all "eh, courts got it, I got golf or something."

Thought the same thing. Way too lead, Mitch!

5 minutes ago, Burgold said:

(more and more I'm leaning towards tin foil hat thinking of Russians hacking certain states or districts or Republican areas losing, miscounting, etc. with the vote before them.)

Two states' board of elections are being investigated for being hacked. There's no more information available from what I can tell.

In the lead-up to the election all the concern was manipulating the votes using unverable electronic voting machines. I said a long time ago the easier way to mess with it would be to get into the records systems and manipulate the registration data to keep certain people from being able to vote.

Question at this point is whether we'll ever see the findings of the investigation, and if we don't who made that decision? Agency officials trying to protect our country (flawed or not), or an administration official trying to protect the administration.

6 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Mitch McConnell, is, if nothing else, extremely consistent in his terribleness.

He has a chance to lead the charge in defending America from Trump, and he's all "eh, courts got it, I got golf or something."

Remember that when he retires and is praised by both sides for his long work to further American politics; for his 'service'.