Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's All Get to Know Dustin Hopkins...

Dan T.

It's pretty cool we got him considering the guy he lost to this offseason for the Saints' job (Hocker, who we drafted last year) is struggling right now. 

Don't want to curse this, but we might have actually made the better personnel move than some other team. Rare. :)

To hell with bumping the Forbath threads to talk about our stud kicker Hopkins. 

He pulls off yet another easily recoverable onside, technically scores the game winner with his extra point, that was actually a high pressure kick. and then kicks off deep on the ensuing kickoff. 

I am glad Gruden gave him a shout out in the presser. I think he has been one of our MVPs thus far this year. 

Dustin Hopkins stats at the bye:

Field Goals 11 for 12, including two from beyond 50 yards.

Extra Points 13 for 13.

Interesting fact of the day:   As a baby, Dustin Hopkins was recruited by Ronald Reagan to help kick down the Berlin Wall, so he now holds dual US-German citizenship. 

the test of a real kicker is how he reacts when he misses a kicker and then has another pressure kick.

Don't think he got to know Kai well enough to really miss him... ;)

Brought him up in the probowl thread - excellent kickoffs/field goals and his onsides kicks have been incredible. Keep it up big guy.

Dude has been money and those onside kicks are crazy, the two we didn't recover should have been recovered.  To me this was a must upgrade, how huge was it that after kicking the go ahead extra point this Dustin kicks off out of the endzone.  Kai would have kicked it to the 3 yard line and Tampa would have started at the 28 yard line.  The way the game ended they would have had time for a field goal.

It's pretty cool we got him considering the guy he lost to this offseason for the Saints' job (Hocker, who we drafted last year) is struggling right now. 

Don't want to curse this, but we might have actually made the better personnel move than some other team. Rare. :)

The fact that the Saints' have $27 mill in dead cap this year means that just about every person in that front office should be looking for new jobs next year.  Doesn't surprise me they took Hocker who has always looked mediocre at best.  

Hail to the Hopskins!

It's rare I'd spend the time to give credit to a kicker, but this kid deserves it.  I know someone mentioned that we were high on Kai in the beginning as well.  The difference is this kid actually has a leg.  I'm sure he'll have a 'doh' moment like every other kicker to lace them up but overall thus far he appears to do everything well.

Was about to say, dude executes some beautiful Onside kicks.  I might just break it out to start the game against the Patriots.  Piss

Was about to say, dude executes some beautiful Onside kicks.  I might just break it out to start the game against the Patriots.  Piss them off to start the game. :)

He had 3 great on sides kicks that the butterfinger special team members couldn't recover.

The way I see it, its 30 yards for a chance at a live ball.  Not a bad risk to take a few times a year, especially with a good OSK. And, a porous D. 

If we are looking to give up 400+ to the Pats, it's like one seam pass to Gronk. As Benny Hill would say, BIG. Deal.   

Was about to say, dude executes some beautiful Onside kicks. I might just break it out to start the game against the Patriots. Piss

Was about to say, dude executes some beautiful Onside kicks. I might just break it out to start the game against the Patriots. Piss them off to start the game. :)

Gruden called his onside kicks "magic balls". I think a nickname has been created.

Yeah, he's been amazing so far this season. I figured he'd be an enormous upgrade on kickoffs, but I wasn't sure about FGs.

There's been no drop off in either area. I'm loving me some Hopkins.

Also, why is it we always find our best ST guys in the middle of the season (Kai, Way, Hopkins)?

Archived