Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cousins Is The Man

Veryoldschool

Calm down guys. Cousins is the QB version of Rod Gardner. Good overall game today. Gave it away last week. Next week, you confident in him? You shouldn't be.

We don't have an NFL starter on this roster, but good Cousins can get the job done ok most weeks.

I agree that Kirk has been inconsistent, but I would also point out that we saw something out of him today that we haven't seen very often from our QBs and that is a game-winning drive.  Granted, it's only one drive, but he stood up to the pressure, didn't choke and got the job done. 

He is smart, sharp and today was clutch down the stretch. The Redskins have a real NFL QB!

As I keep saying my expectation from Cousins was to see progress.  Today was a very positive step for him.  Philly had their SS dropped down in the box on first down from the 1st thru 3rd qtrs.  Kudos to the staff for calling more play action on 1st down but you have to give credit to Kirk too for executing.  It paid off on that last drive by freeing up Morris. 

People have killed Kirk for Turnovers. Today he had none and showed a lot of poise in the pocket.  Even though Scherff was called for a hold that 3rd down scramble was a big deal for Kirk and showed the team he's not scared to lay it on the line physically for the team.

He has been given an unfair label for not being able to produce in the clutch.  Well, today was a HUGE step in the right direction.  An eighteen play, 90 yard drive with time running down was big time football. 

Missing 4 starters on Offense Kirk has not made excuses.  He has to get credit for getting it done today vs a diviision rival that needed to have a win to keep the Philly fans from bailing on Chip. 

Well done Kirk.  Keep growing and keep improving. 

This may have been a big step forward...

May have been just another turn on the Cousins Carousel...

But, this is why it is important for him to get all year. Find out what he really can be. Feels good.

Agree.  He has to do this a few more times to be "THE MAN," but today he certainly moved into the "OVERSIZED ADOLESCENT" stage.

He did well today and I am happy with his performance on that final drive, but I still stick with some of my criticisms of his overall game, which I don't really feel we need to get into in this thread.

Happy with the win!

weren't you in the GDT talking about how poorly he was playing? :)

First game winning drive for him since 2012 Ravens game. I'd say today was progress, if nothing else. Part of me felt that last two games, teams have focused on stopping the run to force Cousins to throw and maybe turn the ball over. Add DJax to this mix, and that plan looks more and more like a bad idea.

Game manager.  Not mad at that. Just be efficient and cut down on the mistakes.  Probably will never be elite, but that's OK.  Just go out there and do your job.  Which he did today. 

Your blind devotion to RGIII is showing.  Does a game manager lead his team on an 18 play, 90 yard drive for the win?  I can't wait for the day when there are only Redskins fans left on this forum. 

Your blind devotion to RGIII is showing. Does a game manager lead his team on an 18 play, 90 yard drive for the win? I can't wait for the day when there are only Redskins fans left on this forum.

he really wasn't wrong. But if you're reaching and trying to point out issues then you said KC was without 4 starters on offense when it is actually just 2.

First game winning drive for him since 2012 Ravens game. I'd say today was progress, if nothing else. Part of me felt that last two games, teams have focused on stopping the run to force Cousins to throw and maybe turn the ball over. Add DJax to this mix, and that plan looks more and more like a bad idea.

DJax could really throw this offense into another gear

he really wasn't wrong. But if you're reaching and trying to point out issues then you said KC was without 4 starters on offense when it is actually just 2.

Shaun Lauvao

Niles Paul

Logan Paulson

Djax

And on the last drive Reed.

So, really that's 4.5.  The tight ends we have can't block for crap.  Lauvao was steam rolling people.  DJax takes the top off the defense.

A game manager keeps the team from losing.  A game manager doesn't win games.  So his label of game manager shows his bias towards the other guy.  Kirk may not be a franchise QB.  Won't matter to me one way or another because I am a REDSKINS fan first and foremost.  There are too many people now that are Player fans and it's really getting old.

Your blind devotion to RGIII is showing.  Does a game manager lead his team on an 18 play, 90 yard drive for the win?  I can't wait for the day when there are only Redskins fans left on this forum. 

Let's avoid these responses, thomasroane. Last warning to everyone here, avoid bringing up Robert as a means to criticize him or other posters.  

Even if it's legit, there's no need to bait another never ending discussion on this crap. 

Great game by KC. At this point he looks like a game manager who needs a good team around him to do well.. and that's ok.

In the past he really has had to play awesome to get good results.. too much was on his shoulders and it showed with some questionable decision making that led to picks.

This is the correct way to bring him along and let him develop.

Next week will be a really big test for him as he'll probably have to be relied upon to match a powerful falcons offense. I don't think he's quite ready for that yet so I expect some disappointment next week.

I think cousins has looked pretty good this year overall, but remember we haven't played any good teams yet.

Our team as a whole played great, considering how many starters and contributors we are missing.

Kirk played very well. He has not scared anyone with deep balls this year, but he is very good with short passes and getting the ball out fast and efficiently.

I'll look for the offense to expand a bit once DJax comes back.

I agree that Kirk has been inconsistent, but I would also point out that we saw something out of him today that we haven't seen very often from our QBs and that is a game-winning drive. Granted, it's only one drive, but he stood up to the pressure, didn't choke and got the job done.

Agreed. That has been a big question mark, at least for me. How does the QB who's famous for choking under pressure, do, when he's down by a score, and there's 5:00 and 80 yards left?

Our other wins, we pretty much led the whole game.

Coming from behind is a significant accomplishment. Just as much as our OL dominance was, in the first two games.

As I keep saying my expectation from Cousins was to see progress.  Today was a very positive step for him.  Philly had their SS dropped down in the box on first down from the 1st thru 3rd qtrs.  Kudos to the staff for calling more play action on 1st down but you have to give credit to Kirk too for executing.  It paid off on that last drive by freeing up Morris. 

People have killed Kirk for Turnovers. Today he had none and showed a lot of poise in the pocket.  Even though Scherff was called for a hold that 3rd down scramble was a big deal for Kirk and showed the team he's not scared to lay it on the line physically for the team.

He has been given an unfair label for not being able to produce in the clutch.  Well, today was a HUGE step in the right direction.  An eighteen play, 90 yard drive with time running down was big time football. 

Missing 4 starters on Offense Kirk has not made excuses.  He has to get credit for getting it done today vs a diviision rival that needed to have a win to keep the Philly fans from bailing on Chip. 

Well done Kirk.  Keep growing and keep improving.

Well said, thanks for the great post.

Nice game by Kirk, but also credit to the entire offense.

There were some nice grabs by the WR's today (I see you Garcon and Crowder), and the O-Line played well (did anyone even hear Long's name called?).

This was a great step in his development. Now let's see if it can be built upon.

Is it weird for anyone else to see Cousins face on the front page of the Redskins site along with Kerrigans. That should propably tell us something right there. The team believes in the guy. And we probably should as well. He took a monumental step forward today. 15 plays 90 yards. A thing of beauty. Gruden is building his QB right now. 

Great game by KC. At this point he looks like a game manager who needs a good team around him to do well.. and that's ok.

In the past he really has had to play awesome to get good results.. too much was on his shoulders and it showed with some questionable decision making that led to picks.

This is the correct way to bring him along and let him develop.

Next week will be a really big test for him as he'll probably have to be relied upon to match a powerful falcons offense. I don't think he's quite ready for that yet so I expect some disappointment next week.

I think cousins has looked pretty good this year overall, but remember we haven't played any good teams yet.

Nobody has been able to even slow down the Falcons receivers, much less then stop them. Cousins and the offense is going to have to hog the ball again and time of possession to  have a chance to win this one. This would be a huge win for the Redskins if they could pull this off, but I don't see that happening. This Atlanta offense and team has been together for many years and are gelled, while we are not even a year old with our starters playing together. That's why we needed this victory today, hopefully the rest of our division will lose next week.

Archived