Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2015 #Redskins verses Dolphins - Final

JimmiJo

Been at the stadium for about 45 minutes. Biggest 2 takeaways:

Parking for us was a breeze.

Not a lot of people wearing jerseys of current Skins. Lots of ST21, Cooley, Portis, Moss, Sonny, riggo,

For current players, Kerrigan, Jackson, Griffin. A Morris or 2.

But the "legends" out-pacing the currents 10-1.

1) Is it as empty as being reported with Miami fans outnumbering Skins fans?

2) Is the field already a disaster?

I don't know how many years we're going to have to continue to go through this with this field.  It's ridiculous.  We spend all this money on gifted skill position players, and make them play on an less than optimal surface 8 times a year.

Is anyone having problems with parking

Wasn't a fan of Logan Thomas when he was at VT & the fact that he was their 5th string QB says it's very doubtful anyone in the NFL gives him a look.

Still wish we had brought in Tyrod Taylor though.

I still believe Tyrod can be at least a poor man's Russel Wilson, if not his equal. He's got a very similar skill set if they run a similar offense... like they should.

Logan was never going to work. Guy can't read a defense, and throws more worm-burners than end of career McNabb.

I still believe Tyrod can be at least a poor man's Russel Wilson, if not his equal. He's got a very similar skill set if they run a similar offense... like they should.

Logan was never going to work. Guy can't read a defense, and throws more worm-burners than end of career McNabb.

I'd go with equal to Wilson. I think he's gonna surprise some people in Buffalo this year.

Dont' know about anyone else but I used to be excited for pre-game shows when I was younger, but now I cannot stand the broadcast teams, the focus of much of their commentary (if it can be called that) and just bide my time until kickoff.

Yeah network pre game shows are for Joe Idiot casual fan. CSN's pre game show is what you're looking for.

I'm more curious than excited or nervous right now.

Curious as to how Scherff and Moses will do...how Cousins will do...how Thompson and Crowder will do on returns...how Knighton, Paea and Hatcher will do...how Smith will do....

Hope we win (always hope that) but if we don't...oh well.

The official team site has Roberts as the PR. 

If Miami's first possession ends in a punt and he's on the on end of it I may literally die laughing. 

Hail. 

I guess they're going to play this game after all.

It's good to see so many members already inside the stadium and looking for things to **** about. :lol:

I'd go with equal to Wilson. I think he's gonna surprise some people in Buffalo this year.

I agree, TK.  He's got a shot.  Had nothing but time to work on fundamentals behind Flacco and add a chip or two to his shoulder to be hungry for this chance.

Still gotta work on your bootleg ban. :)

Clearly I've earned the spot over him over the course of the offseason. Better in the pocket, on bootleg bans, stronger ban arm.

He's the guy you all spent way too much to get, but I think it's clear now. Time to see if you can get anything from another board for him. If not, relegate him to the sub-forums.

I guess they're going to play this game after all.

It's good to see so many members already inside the stadium and looking for things to **** about. :lol:

Don't worry. I PM'ed the new guy already and warned him to ignore anything you say. 

Unless it makes perfect sense. Then I warned him to quote it, highlight it, and put flashing lights around it as it will nvariably be something you stole from me.  :D.

Tough love lil' bro'. It's how we roll. 

Hail. 

Clearly I've earned the spot over him over the course of the offseason. Better in the pocket, on bootleg bans, stronger ban arm.

He's the guy you all spent way too much to get, but I think it's clear now. Time to see if you can get anything from another board for him. If not, relegate him to the sub-forums.

51A32CAB-31C0-4A46-A24C-BE836CFD5920_zps

I watched the Dolphins 3rd preseason game earlier today. Their front seven on defense is excellent. They gave Atlanta fits.

We are not going to make a living running inside early in this game. We need to have some play action on first down early in the game and a heavy does of bubble screen and running back screens in the game plan to slow that pass rush down. We can take advantage of how aggressive they are up front.

On the other side of the ball Tannehill is very good with short and medium passes but there is not much of a deep game. Landry is the guy he looks for among their receivers (who are not a deep group from what I saw) and he like to hit running backs - happy to pick up 4 or 5 yards and stay on schedule.

There is going to be some tough sledding for our offense today but I think we can keep this a close and low scoring game. That kind of game can go either way based on turnovers and key mistakes. Might come down to a field goal.

If it's a shoot out we are in a lot of trouble, because I don't think we can just drop back and throw against that pass rush.

1) Is it as empty as being reported with Miami fans outnumbering Skins fans?

2) Is the field already a disaster?

Lots of dolophin fans, but a bit of an optical illusion, because they are wearing bright turquoise. Also most skins fans milling about in the parking lots and concourse. In the bowl, more Fin fans.

It's pretty empty right now.

Forgot, lots of DGreen and and D. Williams as well...

I watched the Dolphins 3rd preseason game earlier today. Their front seven on defense is excellent. They gave Atlanta fits.

I don't expect it to happen, but I REALLY hope folk cut Scherff a LOT of slack. 

Going up against the best interior defensive linemen in the league is going to be one HELL of a pro baptism for the young man. 

So bear that in mind if he gets his ass handed to him huh?

Hail. 

Archived