Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2015 #Redskins verses Dolphins - Final

JimmiJo

As I stepped out of my vehicle and began my trek from the media lot to the entrance down at field level, I began to feel a little nostalgic. Eleven years ago, a group of diehard Redskins fans asked me to be a part of their coverage team and, more than a decade later, I'm still here.

Funny because this morning on 980 they were talking about Ray Brown for a minute & I fondly remembered that weekend at OTAs when you were telling me how great an interview he was & we got a few minutes with him after practice. :)

Gotta love how the media twists the 'RG3 as scout team safety' story.  They present it as if RG3 is doing full tackling in a defensive positional role, rather than his just helping the team prepare in more of a walkthrough situation.  "They are gonna be on the hook for his $16 million salary!"  Are they being deliberate?  Or, just stupid?

I was hoping to have at least the first page of the regular season opener thread to be RG3 free...

On Friday, the Dolphins signed No. 65 center Sam Brenner (6-2, 310) and No. 38 running back Jonas Gray (5-10, 225) to their active roster from the team’s practice squad. The team released No. 66 center/guard Jacques McClendon and No. 5 quarterback Logan Thomas.

Wasn't a fan of Logan Thomas when he was at VT & the fact that he was their 5th string QB says it's very doubtful anyone in the NFL gives him a look.

Still wish we had brought in Tyrod Taylor though.

I've been following this site for years and this will be my FIRST official season as an ES member. I've looked to this site for comfort in some of our recent dark years and I just ENJOY finally being able to share a season with you guys

HTTR 4 Life

Welcome! Good to have you step out of the shadows. 

Few simple rules of thumb:

If zoony offers you ANYTHING, just say NO! What they put in their **** up there in the deepest, darkest TN wilderness won't just put hair on your balls, it'll take it off!

If Jumbo offers you a night out with him, make sure you have a good attorney and bail bond money set aside. 

And if TK mentions ANYTHING about old men and cigars he's just had dinner with, put him on IGNORE! *Glares!

Everything else, we got your back. 

Hail. 

I'm at the game. There's more Dolphins fans than Redskins fans. Also it's not even 1 hour before kickoff and the field is already torn up from warm-ups.

I don't know how many years we're going to have to continue to go through this with this field.  It's ridiculous.  We spend all this money on gifted skill position players, and make them play on an less than optimal surface 8 times a year.

I'm here. Ready for the drama and noise to cease. Kirk won the job, admittedly against my hopes. Now, young man, go and take the job for keeps.

I hope we win today. I would love to see the pundits eat a hot, steaming plate of rancid crow today.

GO REDSKINS!!!!!!!!

HTTR!

I'm trying not to be so invested in the Redskins as I used to be, but I cannot seem to help myself. I'm nervous. Hope we win

I'm more curious than excited or nervous right now.

Curious as to how Scherff and Moses will do...how Cousins will do...how Thompson and Crowder will do on returns...how Knighton, Paea and Hatcher will do...how Smith will do....

Hope we win (always hope that) but if we don't...oh well.

Watch out for Neville Hewitt for the Dolphins. My big draft crush this year. Went undrafted but on the active roster. Going to be a good player. 

Just hope this game leaves me with some kind of hope we can be competitive this year. Once its not a blow out and we do basic football things well I'll be satisfied. Hoping more than expecting that we'll do well this year. Although I think the media has completely overblown the extent to how bad we are. We can win 6/7/8 games imo. 

Archived