Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Roster Cuts OP updated - TE McCoy signed - Everett cut - PS: Cofield, Delaire, Dunbar, Plummer, Bates, Hamm, Trey, Crawford, Agnew

DC9

That's what I was thinking, just a way to ship off Robert so we don't have to contend with the constant questions. If that's the case, Kirk really IS the guy for the entire year.

Guys, Robert is getting cut this weekend. Once they benched him this third time, that was the end of his time here in Washington. There is no way he is coming back next year now and because of that, there is no way he gets on the field. You can't risk him getting injured and crippling us in 2016 with a 16 million dollar cap hit. It's Kirk, Colt, and a 3rd guy that we will pick up after cuts.

Good lord, I pray you're wrong lol...

If a guy is kept or cut I want it to be because he helps/doesn't help the team, not because they don't want to keep answering questions.

And let's face it...if Cousins plays really well there won't really be many questions even if Griffin is here and if he plays poorly there will be a **** ton of questions even if Griffin is out of the NFL.

Absolutely... if Cousins craps out and they cut Griffin it won't make it any better just because they have a third QB journeyman. The questions will still fly hard and heavy. Hopefully, Cousins proves himself at least capable and decent. 

I do think it's probably wise to cut Griffin or trade him just because of the storm cloud factor, but also because Griffin's best chance is probably elsewhere at this point. I think he could do well with Andy Reid or in a number of other systems.

Guys, Robert is getting cut this weekend. Once they benched him this third time, that was the end of his time here in Washington. There is no way he is coming back next year now and because of that, there is no way he gets on the field. You can't risk him getting injured and crippling us in 2016 with a 16 million dollar cap hit. It's Kirk, Colt, and a 3rd guy that we will pick up after cuts.

Gruden better hope Kirk doesn't go all Kirk on us or his ass is gone. Snyder wants no part of moving on from Griffin and he's being talked into it. This season is going to be such a mess.

Look I think its very simple.

Griffin is Done here.

Cousins has 1 year to show us or fade away
Mccoy is a servicable back up

If either or both of those two go down, we ain't making the playoffs, and likely are looking for a nother QB option, maybe its bring Kirk back on a 2 or 3 year extension who knows.

I guess everything really happen for a reason!! #BLESSED 1f64f.png1f64f.png

????

EDIT:  I'm guessing Ross is safe from that tweet.  Unless he really wanted out of here.

Yeah, I think so. Or he's been released and already gotten inquiries from other teams. But you'd think it would have leaked earlier if that was the case. Only alternative I can think of. 

It would be more ambiguous without the #BLESSED.  The rest of it could be interpreted either way.

With our RB depth its probably nothing, but as its a player acquired in SEA under McCloughan, its worth bringing up:

SEA just waived/injured Robert Turbin, who is a good passing down/COP RB who has kept athletic freak/raw dynamo 2nd rounder Christine Michael off the field for years now.

His injury should keep him out for 5 weeks or so, but they are subjecting him to waivers and IR'ing him because they just were able to sign FJax for that role.

Just bringing him up, doubt we're interested since we're pretty set at RB. But he fits what we want to do, and he might be a better passing down RB than Chris Thompson when healthy.

Archived