Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Roster Cuts OP updated - TE McCoy signed - Everett cut - PS: Cofield, Delaire, Dunbar, Plummer, Bates, Hamm, Trey, Crawford, Agnew

DC9

if he isn't then someone like Roberts is gone.  We've got to many guys with potential to keep seven, Grant played well enough to not lose his spot and Crowder should stick around

Yeah, I was thinking Roberts. He's still dropped passes this offseason and his return duties are covered by Thompson, Crowder, and Ross. We also save a little money and develop our young guys.

OT Trent Williams  has made the Redskins. Good for him. He made a good impression in camp. He will be an asset to protect the blind side of the QB

Eh, he was okay. I think he needs to prove his worth this year.  ;)

Will Compton ‏@_willcompton 1m1 minute ago

Per source, Redskins only allowed to keep 53

Compton must be giving out favors for this info.

To me DJax is a no go for a trade.

Yeah, he brings a different dynamic to the team than say, Roberts who is similar to Grant and Ross.

No one else has DJax's deep speed.

Those wanting to get rid of Roberts: wouldn't the Skins be wise to have given the heir apparent to Roberts all the reps in the offseason in preparation?

Roberts is a solid veteran with a good locker room presence. 

Roberts was given the chance to retain the job, because he might excel or others might suck.  He was no better than last year and others did excel

John Keim @john_keim 1m1 minute ago Virginia, USA

Per source the Redskins cut OL Takoby Cofield. Strong practice squad candidate

Chris Russell @Russellmania621 1m1 minute ago

Sorry if out there but source says #Redskins waived OL Tyler Larsen. ..wanted to put him on practice squad but couldn't for right now.

0 retweets 0 favorites

Paul Conner @P_Hazard 4m4 minutes ago

J.Johnson? “@ConorOrr: Sources tell me Seahawks in the trade market for safety help http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000522974/article/seahawks-explore-trades-for-veteran-safety-help 

Huh... I like the suggestion

DC9, you like him?

HTTR!

Yes, I like him.  He's 29 though.  We'll see.  He was pretty solid.

Roberts was given the chance to retain the job, because he might excel or others might suck.  He was no better than last year and others did excel

Lotta people gonna be upset in the likely occurrence that Ross plays even less than Ryan Grant did last season. 

Lotta people gonna be upset in the likely occurrence that Ross plays even less than Ryan Grant did last season.

That doesn't matter to me. He'll spend time developing behind two very good receivers and next season be given the opportunity along with Grant to take over the spot Garçon will vacate. Also DJax could walk after this season as well.

Ross has the speed and route running ability to develop into a steady target for whatever QB we draft. I'm happy for him.

DEFENSE (34)(25)

LINEMEN (11) (7)

CHRIS BAKER

COREY CRAWFORD

KEDRIC GOLSTON

JASON HATCHER

RICKY JEAN FRANCOIS

FRANK KEARSE

TERRANCE KNIGHTON

STEPHEN PAEA

JERRELL POWE

TRAVIAN ROBERTSON

ROBERT THOMAS

LINEBACKERS (10) (9)

HOUSTON BATES

WILL COMPTON

SAGE HAROLD

JACKSON JEFFCOAT

RYAN KERRIGAN

TRENT MURPHY

TERRANCE PLUMMER

PERRY RILEY

KEENAN ROBRINSON

PRESTON SMITH

MARTRELL SPAIGHT

DEFENSIVE BACKS (13) (9)

DAVID AMERSON

BASHAUD BREELAND

DAMON CROMARTIE-SMITH

CHRIS CULLIVER

AKEEM DAVIS

QUINTON DUNBAR

DESHAZOR EVERETT

DASHON GOLDSON

DEANGELO HALL

DUKE IHENACHO

KYSHOEN JARRETT

JERON JOHNSON

TRENTON ROBINSON

JUSTIN RODGERS

OFFENSE (29)(26)

LINEMEN (10)

TAKOBY COFIELD

TOM COMPTON

ARIE KOUANDJIO

TYLER LARSEN

SHAWN LAUVAO

JOSH LERIBEUS

KORY LICHTENSTEIGER

SPENCER LONG

MORGAN MOSES

TY NSEHKE

AUSTIN REITER

BRANDON SCHERFF

TRENT WILLIAMS

QUARTERBACKS (3)

KIRK COUSINS

ROBERT GRIFFIN

COLT MCCOY

RUNNING BACKS (6)(4)

MACK BROWN

JORDAN CAMPBELL

MATT JONES

ALFRED MORRIS

CHRIS THOMPSON

TREY WILLIAMS

DARREL YOUNG

WIDE RECIEVERS (7)(6)

REGGIE BELL

JAMISON CROWDER

PIERRE GARCON

RYAN GRANT

DESEAN JACKSON

COLIN LOCKETT

ANDRE ROBERTS

RASHAD ROSS

EVAN SPENCER

TIGHT ENDS (3)(2)

DEREK CARRIER

JE’RON HAMM

JORDAN REED

DJ WILLIAMS

TEAMS (3)

KAI FORBATH

NICK SUNDBERG

TRESS WAY

My best guesses at this point

Edit:  and there goes Hamm.  I see 3 TE still really with Compton, and 9 O'line plus 1 with Compton.

It'd be incredibly naive to think he wouldn't be brought up constantly by the media though surely?

And that by it's mere nature leads to locker room tension. Regardless  of players saying 'the right thing' right now. 

Hail. 

If a starter can't take the heat of the cheers for the backup then the starter has no balls. Go out & prove you deserve to start & shut people up. That goes for whoever is taking the snaps at QB. 

I root for the Redskins & I like Sonny!

John Keim @john_keim 6m6 minutes ago

The Redskins have released linebacker Terrance Plummer per source. Plummer was an undrafted free agent... http://espn.go.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0431852549109192123-4 

Edit:  and there goes Hamm.  I see 3 TE still really with Compton, and 9 O'line plus 1 with Compton.

You don't need to post all that.  I'm updating it in the OP.

Just post the portion you want to talk about.

Trey Williams, Hamm, Cofield, and Plummer. Things are starting to get interesting. Of those I thought Plummer had the best shot. But all seemed right on the bubble. Not surprised at all about Hamm. Most people seemed to have him make it just to have three tight ends. But on talent he seemed behind guys like Plummer or Williams. Still, all four seem like prime practice squad candidates.

Plummer and Williams should go to the PS

Cofield, too. The Skins need to develop some young OL at all 3 positions. They were high on him coming out of Duke (they signed him to a 3-year $1.6M contract). It will be interesting to see if he's signed elsewhere or added to the Skins PS. 

Watching the UMD vs. Richmond game - ESPN ticker --- Tebow cut by Eagles. 

Aireskoi confused me with his post above lol

Haha.  We are down to 8 LBs so they should be done.

Also down to 2 TEs (for now) so Spencer makes it as of now as a 7th WR.

Is he the 6'8" guy or is that Toilolo from the Falcons?

6'7"... so not short.

We had some huge JMJ fans here a couple years ago...just released by the Chiefs. Joe Mays released by the Jets.

Always interesting to see intriguing names from past draft threads that I never kept up with in the NFL.

Antone Smith is an interesting cut in ATL. He made a ton of big plays last year but he's older and kind of redundant with Tevin Coleman there now.

Archived