Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Roster Cuts OP updated - TE McCoy signed - Everett cut - PS: Cofield, Delaire, Dunbar, Plummer, Bates, Hamm, Trey, Crawford, Agnew

DC9

I love the upside of this Trey Williams kid.  He is an absolute stud, but I don't know if he did enough to supplant Chris Thompson.

Kid has special it factor.

Pretty sure he has PS written on him. He may get stolen, but every year we find a running back to love... whether it be Thompson, Lache, or someone else. Trey sure has looked nice though. Shame he got dinged before he could really make his statement.

Did I miss something?

No, I've just seen a lot of guys ready to fall on their swords for Trey Williams.  I don't think he's anything better than average.

He'll get a chance to play cause Thompson can't stay healthy.  But if he isn't one of your best 53 I don't think there is anything to worry about.

EDIT:  Meaning that imo, he will make it to the practice squad

Bell has a couple of sweet catches last night, but that how it goes.

Whether it was watching Jay talk about it yesterday, or many other coaches across the league over the years, it's easy to believe their heartfelt expressions of how hard emotionally it is for many of them to do these cuts after watching these young guys work so hard and with so many of them (the players) seeming like great people. 

Ribs ain't getting cut.  Nobody has the guts to tell him he didn't make the team.  Maybe they could lock him in a room with Tony Wylie and force Tony to break the news.  

I don't get all the Trey Williams love either.  I think he's a good back to stash on the PS, but haven't seen the reason for all his rave reviews.  

Saw a tweet saying that Plummer has been what we hoped Spaight would be.  Hard to disagree with that.  Will be keeping my eyes there as well.  I'm starting to think Spaight might be PS bound.

Ribs ain't getting cut. Nobody has the guts to tell him he didn't make the team. Maybe they could lock him in a room with Tony Wylie and force Tony to break the news.

I don't get all the Trey Williams love either. I think he's a good back to stash on the PS, but haven't seen the reason for all his rave reviews.

Saw a tweet saying that Plummer has been what we hoped Spaight would be. Hard to disagree with that. Will be keeping my eyes there as well. I'm starting to think Spaight might be PS bound.

I also had the idea that on special teams Plummer did more then Spaight. Imo he didnt really stand out.

No, I've just seen a lot of guys ready to fall on their swords for Trey Williams.  I don't think he's anything better than average.

He'll get a chance to play cause Thompson can't stay healthy.  But if he isn't one of your best 53 I don't think there is anything to worry about.

EDIT:  Meaning that imo, he will make it to the practice squad

I agree.  In open space, yes, you can see it.  But before that?  Felt like Chris Thompson was doing a better job squeezing out an extra yard or two from what should've been a 2 yard run.  Trey just sort of got the basic amount, sometimes less.

Really impressed with Chris Thompson's ability to launch himself by a defender to pick up 2 more yards on a 1st down conversion, making sure he got it.  And one time I swear Thompson knew he was tackled but chose the hole where he could fight and fall forward for an extra yard.

I also had the idea that on special teams Plummer did more then Spaight. Imo he didnt really stand out.

Depending on Will Compton's injury, both could make it.  I have Plummer over Spaight right now.

I agree.  In open space, yes, you can see it.  But before that?  Felt like Chris Thompson was doing a better job squeezing out an extra yard or two from what should've been a 2 yard run.  Trey just sort of got the basic amount, sometimes less.

Really impressed with Chris Thompson's ability to launch himself by a defender to pick up 2 more yards on a 1st down conversion, making sure he got it.  And one time I swear Thompson knew he was tackled but chose the hole where he could fight and fall forward for an extra yard.

YES!  THIS!

Thompson has learned how to get every bit out of a run that he can.  Not every run in the league can go the distance, but he's learned how to run in the NFL. 

Portis was very good at that until the end, too.

EDIT:  Thompson just hasn't been able to stay healthy.  Hopefully that changes.

Depending on Will Compton's injury, both could make it. I have Plummer over Spaight right now.

YES! THIS!

Thompson has learned how to get every bit out of a run that he can. Not every run in the league can go the distance, but he's learned how to run in the NFL.

Portis was very good at that until the end, too.

Will looked good in the parts I looked of the game. Was active on special teams and moved well on D. Unless he got injured in 4th quater he looks fine.

Archived