Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Roster Cuts OP updated - TE McCoy signed - Everett cut - PS: Cofield, Delaire, Dunbar, Plummer, Bates, Hamm, Trey, Crawford, Agnew

DC9

I know people say Spenser was brought in for ST and we need ST help, but he seems like a really good candidate for the PS. He is not ready to be a receiver and I haven't seen him flash on teams either. I don't think he made any tackles or blocks that freed anyone up at any rate.

Is it Plummer vs Spaight? Or is there a chance they both make it? Or is it the two of them vs someone like Bates for 2 spots?

Between those two specifically, I have to go with Plummer at the moment.  You'd think, with a 3-4, we keep at leas 8 LBs and 6 DL, so it's more like Plummer vs Spaight vs Will Compton.

EDIT:  For me, at LB we keep:

Kerrigan

Murphy

Smith

Jeffcoat

Keenan

Perry

Plummer

Spaight/Compton

Bates

So I think we'll keep 9.

I know people say Spenser was brought in for ST and we need ST help, but he seems like a really good candidate for the PS. He is not ready to be a receiver and I haven't seen him flash on teams either. I don't think he made any tackles or blocks that freed anyone up at any rate.

One thing that has jumped out to me about Spencer is how natural of a downfield blocker he is.  He is ALWAYS looking to block when he doesn't get the ball.

We'll see what happens with his injury, but that could save him depending on what we do at TE.

Getting a draft pick for Roberts would be fantastic. I think he'd be fine on our team, but I want to see if Grant, Crowder or even Ross can grow into a player who can contribute for five years. If this team won't be ready to really compete for a few years than having a good receiver like Roberts won't help esp. when we already have very good offensive talent in Jackson, Garcon, Reed, and Morris to keep the ship running.

Part of the question is who will get us there, but also who'll be ready when we arrive.

It would be a lot easier to keep either Spaight, Ross or Williams on the roster if we only carried two QB's....Just saying.

The Redskins may do this, but they can't until Griffin clears concussion protocol.

Getting a draft pick for Roberts would be fantastic. I think he'd be fine on our team, but I want to see if Grant, Crowder or even Ross can grow into a player who can contribute for five years. If this team won't be ready to really compete for a few years than having a good receiver like Roberts won't help esp. when we already have very good offensive talent in Jackson, Garcon, Reed, and Morris to keep the ship running.

Part of the question is who will get us there, but also who'll be ready when we arrive.

Totally agree.  I'd love for this team to grow from within over the next couple of seasons. 

Expectation management needs to be a fan responsibility.  This can be a fun team to watch if we can show them how educated a fan base we are and support their growth.

I'll be curious to see the final 53. Every year it seems like smart people make their predictions and then the actual roster is different by 4-5 people.

Also seems like a ton of UDFAs are in the mix this year. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. But to see guys like Williams, Cofield, Bates, Plummer, and maybe even Everett makes it interesting. Not to mention a guy like Ross, who was undrafted and bounced around the league a few years. Or Jeffcoat, who was an UDFA last year even if he played a couple games for the Skins. Good teams always seem to find a few of these guys. Of course, having a ton of UDFAs make the team might just speak to the overall weakness of the squad. We'll see...

So many guys had good off seasons who were unheralded.  Our PS will be a production line looking at how many guys we will want to keep but can't fit into our 53. 

Guys are playing for a few spots tonight and the eligible for the PS too.  I'm really looking forward to game 4 of PS lmao it's going to be a whupping of the Jags as guys put that last bit of film in the bank. 

My 53:

Offense:

QB: Cousins, McCoy, Griffin (3)

RB: Morris, Jones, Thompson, Young (4)

WR: Jackson, Garcon, Roberts, Crowder, Grant (5)

TE: Reed, Carrier, Hamm (3) (Hamm could be replaced by a pickup from another team's cuts)

OL: Williams, Lauvao, Lichtensteiger, Scherff, Moses, LeRibeus, Compton, Kouandijo, Nseke (9)

Defense:

DL: Knighton, Baker, Jean-Francois, Paea, Hatcher, Golston, Kearse (7)

OLB: Kerrigan, Murphy, Smith, Jeffcoat (4) 

ILB: Robinson, Riley, Compton, Spaight, Plummer (5)

CB: Culliver, Hall, Amerson, Breeland, Rogers (5)

S: Goldson, Ihenacho, Johnson, Jarrett, Robinson (5)

Special Teams : 

ST: Forbath, Way, Sundberg (3)

My 53:

Offense:

QB: Cousins, McCoy, Griffin (3)

RB: Morris, Jones, Thompson, Young (4)

WR: Jackson, Garcon, Roberts, Crowder, Grant (5)

TE: Reed, Carrier, Hamm (3) (Hamm could be replaced by a pickup from another team's cuts)

OL: Williams, Lauvao, Lichtensteiger, Scherff, Moses, LeRibeus, Compton, Kouandijo, Nseke (9)

Defense:

DL: Knighton, Baker, Jean-Francois, Paea, Hatcher, Golston, Kearse (7)

OLB: Kerrigan, Murphy, Smith, Jeffcoat (4) 

ILB: Robinson, Riley, Compton, Spaight, Plummer (5)

CB: Culliver, Hall, Amerson, Breeland, Rogers (5)

S: Goldson, Ihenacho, Johnson, Jarrett, Robinson (5)

Special Teams : 

ST: Forbath, Way, Sundberg (3)

You releasing Spencer Long?

HTTR

Is Spencer hurt?  I missed that headline, was looking forward to seeing him and Ross battling it out.  Looks like Ross is earning himself a 7th WR spot.  I would think that if RG3 is cut or traded, it would be easier to swallow having 7 WR's on the roster!!

This probably fits better here then where I originally posted it:

I think they almost have to roster Ross after his preseason, if you tell your players you're looking for guys who take advantage of opportunities and earn a spot, you have to establish a precedent and show them you can walk the walk. You have to reward his production, not keep a late round draft pick for his supposed ST's skills we have yet to see just because he was a draft pick. 

Its similar to paying Paul, Trent, and Kerrigan---you let your re-signing of those guys do the talking for you. Exemplify what it means to be our vision of a Redskins player and produce, and we'll reward you. Unlike in the old days where we let our own go in favor of someone else's FA's.

Is Spencer hurt?  I missed that headline, was looking forward to seeing him and Ross battling it out.  Looks like Ross is earning himself a 7th WR spot.  I would think that if RG3 is cut or traded, it would be easier to swallow having 7 WR's on the roster!!

He got hurt on one of Colt's touchdowns last week.  The one where it was a crosser that was thrown a bit late and into the back corner of the endzone.

Looked like a possible concussion or at least a stinger but I never saw anything further on it other than he wasn't playing last night.

Archived