Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who exactly are the "high ranking sources"?

evmiii

IMO, it's the circus that is DC sports, that drives these stories and creates these "sources".. Passing and then failing concussion tests is just the latest act in the 3 ring circus.. I think being in DC has upped the politics to the point that non of them can tell any truth.. Everything has to be behind a curtain and filled with deception.. If they don't want the guy, come out like adults and tell it like it is!! Damn.. Will it ever end? Probably not, but god please let it get better at least..

It's tough when owners become especially close to players. 

It's clear Snyder loves him some RG3 and he's been blinded by it.

The reports coming out now aren't that different from the reports coming out when Shanny was about to get fired. At the time, I didn't believe them, because I thought Shanny was trying to distract from his losing record. 

But now I don't put anything past Danny and Bruce.

On a related note, Shanny said Snyder treated Cousins like dirt in front of everyone, which is just gross.

I don't know if Cousins is the answer -- he probably isn't -- but dude has handled himself so well since he's got drafted.

The tape on RG3 has been mediocre at best to brutal at worst since 2012. The game simply isn't slowing down for him and he can't protect himself. He's a wreck mentally and physically he's not the same guy. 

Obviously, it's time to move on. I think Danny will come around. I think this is just particularly tough for him. But forcing the Skins to hold on to RG3 isn't good for anyone, especially RG3.

Here's my speculative theory.  I think that the coaches, GM, and owner all agree: Griffin's time here is done.  I'm sure it was a hard pill to swallow, and I'm sure Snyder was particularly unhappy, but I think they're in agreement that Gruden should make the call.  And Gruden wants him gone.

Now, their plan is to trade him for a draft pick or two, even if it's a low-round pick, as it sounds like there's not much of a market for him.  If they can renegotiate his contract, then a trade becomes easier.  By leaking the story, the team signals to Griffin and his agent that their best path is to renegotiate with the Skins, so that they can work out a trade.

Now, their plan is to trade him for a draft pick or two, even if it's a low-round pick, as it sounds like there's not much of a market for him. If they can renegotiate his contract, then a trade becomes easier. By leaking the story, the team signals to Griffin and his agent that their best path is to renegotiate with the Skins, so that they can work out a trade.

I don't know. I think RGIII and his agent would rather ask for his release then renegotiate. That way he can choose his team. Not sure how they would renegotiate that option year with something RGIII would agree to.

I don't know. I think RGIII and his agent would rather ask for his release then renegotiate. That way he can choose his team. Not sure how they would renegotiate that option year with something RGIII would agree to.

If RG3's options were- renegotiate so we can trade you, or we'll release you- then you'd be absolutely right. But, before asking him to renegotiate, the Redskins should decide that, if he doesn't agree, they will plan on sitting him on the bench for the whole season and THEN cutting him. Which is really how it should be, cutting him now is dumb. 

Once those are the options, Griffin would have an actual decision to make. And it would be dumb to turn it down, depending on some of the variables.

Normally I would say its all made up. But there are multiple people quoting basically the same thing. And some of these reporters are good ones. Schefter comes to mind. That leads me to believe that there is some merit to the reports.

When was Schefter "a good reporter?"

I never read that.  Mind filling me in or linking an article? 

I think he was talking about this.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10101919/mike-shanahan-was-ready-quit-washington-redskins-2012-season

After Kirk Cousins relieved an injured Griffin last December in Cleveland and led Washington to a 38-21 victory over the Browns, players and coaches spotted Snyder standing at the quarterbacks' lockers, talking only to Griffin while, one source said, Snyder "didn't acknowledge" Cousins.

When I was a child, I took sports journalism to simply be an extension of the Fourth Estate, but one whose domain was, ultimately, trivial (though don't tell Spartacus or Belisarius that.)  I now understand the sports media, whatever integrity or usefulness it once had, to be nothing but the marketing arm of the commercial enterprises that have grown up around sport. It's one thing to try to get more information about how a player is performing in camp, or to know that a coaching legend has returned to his seat of glory, it's another to occupy oneself with gossip about the front office's decision-making and to become subject to the passions inflamed by people whose livelihoods depend on stoking your passions in the first place.  It's all unseemly, this taking sides in a wholly contrived debate and surrendering your will to these blackguards.

Lets keep in mind this IS EPSN, not exactly the bastion of integrity these days.  They will do what it takes to sell stories, and sensational sells.  

I dont believe for a second you bring in a guy with a track record like Scotty Mac to run your organization and you vet him thoroughly, and then 6 months later you dont like the way hes running the organization that you gave him full control over?  I dont buy it.

New in town?

It's pretty hard for me to understand how some here are not buying the scenario where everyone want to move on but the owner stubbornly refuses and extends his power.  How is this hard to believe knowing who Daniel Snyder is and how he operates.  It's entirely believable and again why we continue to be a laughing stock and probably always will be.   

Does anyone believe that you get worse as the week goes on with a concussion?  So either we are making medical history or we are continuing the circus and I know which side I'm on there.

If RG3's options were- renegotiate so we can trade you, or we'll release you- then you'd be absolutely right. But, before asking him to renegotiate, the Redskins should decide that, if he doesn't agree, they will plan on sitting him on the bench for the whole season and THEN cutting him. Which is really how it should be, cutting him now is dumb.

Once those are the options, Griffin would have an actual decision to make. And it would be dumb to turn it down, depending on some of the variables.

That just creates more drama in the media, and for what, maybe a 5th round pick?

Sources with knowledge of the situation = Extremeskins, Twitter, and sources citing sources with knowledge of the situation.

No no no, the best one is:

sources with knowledge on how <insert person> thinks.

How they think. Knowledge on it.

edit: whoops, how she thinks.

;)

I looked up redskins upper management and I came to realize that there are all sorts of people this could be.  There are enough minority owners and random pointless upper level execs that in reality it could really be almost anybody.  Those are probably the easiest to coax into talking anyway, since they get no exposure or "power" any other way since it's always Bruce Allen this, Danny that, Scotty this, Jay that. 

Archived