Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Conspiracy Thread

Reaper Skins

On 11/24/2018 at 5:56 PM, Csup said:

I know one thing.  If there was a conspiracy I wouldn’t bother watching Redskins games if the outcomes of key games were predetermined. 

Could you please explain why this is out of the realm of possibility for you?  Why are people so above reproach with you on this issue?  People have done monstrous things throughout human history, but for some reason, for you, this is a bridge too far.  

Many of these calls or non-calls have been so blatantly obvious against this team that to not even consider it an option appears as bad a call as many of these awful calls the refs have made or not made (against this team). 

As far as I'm concerned, a bias acted on by one referee is a conspiracy.  A one-person conspiracy is still a conspiracy.  Something is not on the up-and-up with this team.  It stinks to high heaven.

• Thanks 1

The level of professionalism by referees today has dropped off considerably compared to 20 + years ago.

Do I see a lot of calls and non-calls that hurt the Redskins? of course, but I see them in other games as well. Now, the McCoy one was awful, the Doctson one was bad, and the Reed one was uncalled for, and all should have drawn flags, but I can't hang any of these calls on why they lost the games.

I've said it in the past; if a player is continuously being flagged or not getting a flag when one should have been thrown, just run over the referee later in the game. Light him up on Twitter. **** about the ref during interviews. But this is the NFL today.

On 11/24/2018 at 8:50 PM, NikeRedskin7 said:

Ok so let's say the refs were bias against us and those calls and no calls against us hurt our chances to win...  Why not show the same type of energy when we win games because of bad calls against the opposing team???  We care about the overall integrity of the game right??

Nobody here was whining and crying when we won a couple games this year off of bad calls.  Can't expect everything to go your way and when it doesn't, it's all of a sudden a conspiracy and bias.....  But when we win because of it, "We played a great game"!!!!

Please list the games of bad calls that won us the game like it did for Dallas.

Yes. I'm for the integrity of the game. I normally don't blame the officials for a loss. Sure, bad calls has went our way in some games, but not in the way it worked for Dallas. Did you honestly watch the entire game? When we came crawling back, the officials suddenly shorted a fuse. It was that bad. These penalties and no calls shaped the outcome of the game. Kinda like it worked for the Texans the week before...

3 hours ago, cakmoney61 said:

Could you please explain why this is out of the realm of possibility for you?  Why are people so above reproach with you on this issue?  People have done monstrous things throughout human history, but for some reason, for you, this is a bridge too far.  

Many of these calls or non-calls have been so blatantly obvious against this team that to not even consider it an option appears as bad a call as many of these awful calls the refs have made or not made (against this team). 

As far as I'm concerned, a bias acted on by one referee is a conspiracy.  A one-person conspiracy is still a conspiracy.  Something is not on the up-and-up with this team.  It stinks to high heaven.

Of course it’s POSSIBLE.  It’s also possible I run for President in 2024 and win.

But I don’t believe in conspiracy theories because of bad calls against my team.  I watch a lot of non- Redskin football games and see bad calls called all the time.   I go on other forums and see complaints about officiating all the time.  I don’t recall seeing “thank goodness the refs liked us” posts.

Is it against the realm of possibility that you see what you want to see?  

• Like 1

Just now, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

We beat Dallas because of a bogus snap infraction penalty barely a month ago 

stop it guys 

Not into the conspiracy thing - I actually think the refs are just really bad.

But that was not a bogus call on the long snapper. Kotwica noticed the guy moves the ball illegally on most snaps. He told the refs to watch for it - happens all the time in the NFL. They watched, saw the illegal movement and called it. Nothing bogus. It as actually very good coaching. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Not into the conspiracy thing - I actually think the refs are just really bad.

But that was not a bogus call on the long snapper. Kotwica noticed the guy moves the ball illegally on most snaps. He told the refs to watch for it - happens all the time in the NFL. They watched, saw the illegal movement and called it. Nothing bogus. It as actually very good coaching. 

This is where I'm at too...I can't remember specifics but remember feeling like we were getting a lot of calls in a couple of our wins early in the season. At one point I even thought to myself that I'd be livid and frustrated if that was going against the Redskins. 

I think bad reffing is annoying, but generally evens out in a season. 

4 hours ago, skins island connection said:

The level of professionalism by referees today has dropped off considerably compared to 20 + years ago.

Do I see a lot of calls and non-calls that hurt the Redskins? of course, but I see them in other games as well. Now, the McCoy one was awful, the Doctson one was bad, and the Reed one was uncalled for, and all should have drawn flags, but I can't hang any of these calls on why they lost the games.

I've said it in the past; if a player is continuously being flagged or not getting a flag when one should have been thrown, just run over the referee later in the game. Light him up on Twitter. **** about the ref during interviews. But this is the NFL today.

You can't hang the Doctson pass interference on us loosing the game?  You seriously think Hopkins doesn't make a 24 yard field goal for the win with 9 seconds left?  The Dallas game that 90 yard TD by Cooper should have been called back for holding on Kerrigan and that INT on Colt should have been holding on Harris.  What was the point swing in those two plays along.

52 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

We beat Dallas because of a bogus snap infraction penalty barely a month ago 

stop it guys 

Hold it a minute, he didn't make the FG 5 yards further what makes you think he would have made it.  And that would have tied the game dude.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mike42 said:

Please list the games of bad calls that won us the game like it did for Dallas.

Yes. I'm for the integrity of the game. I normally don't blame the officials for a loss. Sure, bad calls has went our way in some games, but not in the way it worked for Dallas. Did you honestly watch the entire game? When we came crawling back, the officials suddenly shorted a fuse. It was that bad. These penalties and no calls shaped the outcome of the game. Kinda like it worked for the Texans the week before...

I listen to both Doc Walker and Brian Mitchell's shows because these are two guys in which I have major respect for their football minds.  BOTH guys on their shows made it clear that officiating had absolutely nothing to do with the outcome of our game against Dallas.  They would even cut short calls of fans whining about the refs.  Brian Mitchell even made some even bigger points that I didn't realize.

He said for all of the conspiracy theorist, did they realize that the Skins aren't the most penalized team in the NFL?  Did they realize that Dallas had more penalties coming in to the Thanksgiving game than the Skins?  He also stated for everybody crying about the refs in our last game against Dallas, BOTH teams finished the game with the same amount of penalties.  We had 4 penalties for 70 yards, they had 4 for 75 yards.

Mitchell even defended the refs on the Jordan Reed non call that I heavily disagreed on until I listened to his reason and I went back and watched the play over again.  Mitchell stated that the refs were right for not throwing the flag against Dallas because the rule was established for players who strike with the CROWN of the helmet.  The Dallas defender did not do that.  He stated that the Dallas defender had his head up with and his palms up almost as if he was trying not to create the look of a personal foul.  Mitch was right.

Brian also stated that it was bad officiating all through the game and not one sided.  He brought up the point 3 times that the refs missed a face mask call that Dallas committed on McCoy, but they also missed a when Dak's face mask got snatched as well. 

In conclusion, I'm right in the same mindset of these former greats Doc Walker and Brian Mitchell.  The Dallas game was clearly not loss because of the refs and their ain't no damn conspiracy or bias against the Washington Redskin.  I trust their opinions because I saw what they saw.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

I listen to both Doc Walker and Brian Mitchell's shows because these are two guys in which I have major respect for their football minds.  BOTH guys on their shows made it clear that officiating had absolutely nothing to do with the outcome of our game against Dallas.  They would even cut short calls of fans whining about the refs.  Brian Mitchell even made some even bigger points that I didn't realize.

He said for all of the conspiracy theorist, did they realize that the Skins aren't the most penalized team in the NFL?  Did they realize that Dallas had more penalties coming in to the Thanksgiving game than the Skins?  He also stated for everybody crying about the refs in our last game against Dallas, BOTH teams finished the game with the same amount of penalties.  We had 4 penalties for 70 yards, they had 4 for 75 yards.

Mitchell even defended the refs on the Jordan Reed non call that I heavily disagreed on until I listened to his reason and I went back and watched the play over again.  Mitchell stated that the refs were right for not throwing the flag against Dallas because the rule was established for players who strike with the CROWN of the helmet.  The Dallas defender did not do that.  He stated that the Dallas defender had his head up with and his palms up almost as if he was trying not to create the look of a personal foul.  Mitch was right.

Brian also stated that it was bad officiating all through the game and not one sided.  He brought up the point 3 times that the refs missed a face mask call that Dallas committed on McCoy, but they also missed a when Dak's face mask got snatched as well. 

In conclusion, I'm right in the same mindset of these former greats Doc Walker and Brian Mitchell.  The Dallas game was clearly not loss because of the refs and their ain't no damn conspiracy or bias against the Washington Redskin.  I trust their opinions because I saw what they saw.

LMAO.  Ok and did they also say the NFL was wrong to apologize about the pass interference on Doctson in the Texans game?  I also respect Doc and Brian but those guys played in an area that those hits were not made.  When you have Aikman saying the opposite not just for this but also for the holding call on Harris that resulted in an INT who is right and who is wrong?

16 minutes ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

I’m convinced you will never convince a conspiracy theorist there is no conspiracy no matter the proof, or in this case, the lack of proof.  

18 minutes ago, Csup said:

I’m convinced you will never convince a conspiracy theorist there is no conspiracy no matter the proof, or in this case, the lack of proof.  

Well the lack of proof is the proof of conspiracy. If there's proof, it's not a conspiracy anymore...

Anyway, I would suggest almost everyone around here to go back to the OP and read it.

1 hour ago, Wildbunny said:

Well the lack of proof is the proof of conspiracy. If there's proof, it's not a conspiracy anymore...

Anyway, I would suggest almost everyone around here to go back to the OP and read it.

Huh?   A conspiracy is a secret plan by a group of people to do something harmful or illegal.  How is a lack of proof proof there is a conspiracy?  Without proof there is still either a conspiracy or no conspiracy.

Just now, Csup said:

Huh?   A conspiracy is a secret plan by a group of people to do something harmful or illegal.  How is a lack of proof proof there is a conspiracy?  Without proof there is still either a conspiracy or no conspiracy.

If there's proof, it's not secret anymore. Thus it's not a conspiracy.

There's no proof because it is secret, then, it's a conspiracy.

Every conspiracy theorist will tell you that! There's no proof because conspiracists are making sure there are no proof of their conspiracy so they can remain secret.

5 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

If there's proof, it's not secret anymore. Thus it's not a conspiracy.

There's no proof because it is secret, then, it's a conspiracy.

Every conspiracy theorist will tell you that! There's no proof because conspiracists are making sure there are no proof of their conspiracy so they can remain secret.

I was perplexed by your first sentence which made no sense. 

How many conspiracy theorists do you personally know?

Just for the record, once again, just because there is no proof, doesn’t mean there is a conspiracy.  That is my main point.  

Edited by Csup

On 11/24/2018 at 11:35 PM, NikeRedskin7 said:

I remember us playing them on thanksgiving through out my life, but I didn't realize we played them that many times.

That's not correct...according to the article below, the Redskins are 3-8 ALL-TIME on Thanksgiving (1-8 vs. Dallas). So, not good, but they haven't lost to Dallas 18 times on Thanksgiving. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2018/11/21/redskins-thanksgiving-games-have-featured-heaping-portions-humble-pie/?utm_term=.4c3e4e96a68a

Edited by TD_washingtonredskins
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

But it’s not the number of penalties. Or the penalty yards (one 40 yard penalty doesn’t necessarily equal 8 5 yerd auto first downs ...or 4 holding calls) it’s more the timing of the calls and non calls in the context of the flow of the game. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Stefanskins said:

But it’s not the number of penalties. Or the penalty yards (one 40 yard penalty doesn’t necessarily equal 8 5 yerd auto first downs ...or 4 holding calls) it’s more the timing of the calls and non calls in the context of the flow of the game. 

Like they said.  There is bad officiating all over the league, not just against us.