Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Conspiracy Thread

Reaper Skins

Just now, Wildbunny said:

Looking for it, Wikipedia nad an article from Forbes are only talking about the Skins and Cowboys for a 46M total that was spread league wide.

IIRC, I think it was those two teams, the Raiders and the Bucs, that got real paltry cap penalties. Like $10,000 or something.

Not sure if it was those two teams, though.

Nah next to last play when it looked like Reed got out of bounds but didn't. He handed the ball to the ref at 39 seconds on the sideline running back to huddle....refs finally blew the clock dead calling for sticks at 13 seconds

**** refs. probably soccer refs who knows

Edited by Gibbit

3 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

IIRC, I think it was those two teams, the Raiders and the Bucs, that got real paltry cap penalties. Like $10,000 or something.

Not sure if it was those two teams, though.

Maybe, never heard of it if it happened though :P

@Gibbit yeah, that was crappy here as well. At some point I thought they would let the time runs out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MassSkinsFan said:

If you don't think there is a conspiracy, you clearly weren't watching the Skins/Bengals game. 

Its not a conspiracy, it's just bad reffing. The NFL doesn't have full time referees. Their QC is awful.

There are ways to assuage it, however. 

If I were hiring coaches for a team I would have two QC coaches and one meeting every week would be a refs meeting.

One QC coach would be responsible for knowing the staff reffing the upcoming game, and there would be an hour meeting with the team so they could learn the staff and their tendencies. Every staff calls things differently. You have to know how they work. No one does this.

The other QC coach would be my situational awareness coach and they would be on the sideline with the HC and be in their ear all game telling them when to take time outs, when they need to run the ball, etc.

in the modern NFL I don't understand why teams don't do these things.

Edited by Birdlives

7 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Maybe, never heard of it if it happened though.  

My bad.

It was the Raiders and the Saints, and they didn't get any money taken from them. They just weren't allowed to cash in on the Redskins and Cowboys penalties:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/7677375/sources-dallas-cowboys-washington-redskins-lose-millions-cap-space

Edited by SkinsGuy

basically, since the media replayed the **** out of norman and Beckham from last year, refs are targeting norman.  they are.  it's simply not fair.  we saw the refs pull norman and Beckham aside earlier this year and that seemed odd to me.  as if they were the first 2 players to get in a fight. they're singling him out, and that is not right.

the Garcon call was like calling 3 seconds in the lane when a guy makes a game winning jumper.  just ****ing awful.

this is all separate from losing or tying, the game winning fg was there, but norman is right that these refs need to be held accountable.  it's getting worse each year.  I didn't see the raider game but it sounded awful.  last mnf, the play by play guy is saying " no one wants to watch this" because of all the flags.  I mean at some point it goes past angry fans yelling at refs, it really is just that bad and not just for us today.

• Like 2

This was a game the refs made sure the Redskins did not win.  Damn near rip off Crowder's head right in front to the ****ing ref, knock Jackson out of the game, tackles and push downs out of bounds.  These are not penalties, yet all the calls against the skins?  Certainly not unbiased IMO.   **** you refs and Goodell you are ruining this game you SOB's!!!!!

Edited by isle-hawg
  • Like 4

It was bad BUT the Crowder and DJax missed calls didn't change the scoreboard. Norman flags for contact looked fairly correct to me when I saw the replays but who the hell knows because fox sucked terribly today.  The one in Garçon was very soft and meant Dustin didn't have a second chance.

We were royally done by the refs today. That helmet to helmet on DJax was sickening, and they replayed it on the big screen several times too. The ref was maybe 5 yards away and somehow doesn't see it, yet I was on a similar line of vision and considerably further away and I saw it real time. The refs are the only people in the stadium who didn't see that. It wasn't like a subtle bit of holding off the ball that you could legitimately miss.

The DPI in the endzone was nonsensical. The flags on Norman were disgusting, and the call on Garcon that ended it? Give me a break. Yet we got nothing the whole game, despite a multitude of flag worthy activity, such as y'know, two of our players nearly getting decapitated... smh

Norman was absolutely right with what he said, and given he had 5 flags thrown on him for pretty much nothing, I would hope that Dan will pick up the tab for his fine.

Refs were truly embarrassing today, both to themselves and the sport in front of a global audience.

Edited by UKskins
  • Like 2

There was a blatant roughing the passer against the Redskins, I believe on the very first play of the game or right afterwards, that nobody is talking about either.  I did not notice it until they showed a replay and it showed the angle that kept the camera on Kirk after he let go of it.  It was CLEARLY a late hit that knocked him onto the ground and was even helmet to helmet I believe.  Just another one that was completely missed by the refs.  I wish I had a replay of it but I didn't DVR the game today unfortunately.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Anyone who thinks the refs have it out for us, Oakland just tied the NFL record of 22 penalties in a game.

... and now set the record with 23

Without watching the game the number of penalties may be deceiving, maybe Raiders were playing very undisciplined football. 

I didnt see the final kick so asking the opinion of those who did as I was in the car. Didn't the NFL alter the rule of icing the kicker so opposing coaches must call a timeout way before the process of a kick commences??

per the replay it seemed the snap and kick took place just after and thus right before the hike. Was this brought up on tv or by any pundits to explain its legality or am i way off base here??

1 hour ago, Bonez3 said:

Clear example that The NFL has an agenda and influence over games. It was blatant

THIS.

29 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

I didnt see the final kick so asking the opinion of those who did as I was in the car. Didn't the NFL alter the rule of icing the kicker so opposing coaches must call a timeout way before the process of a kick commences??

per the replay it seemed the snap and kick took place just after and thus right before the hike. Was this brought up on tv or by any pundits to explain its legality or am i way off base here??

Yes I thought t his too....can anyone confirm this??

• Like 1

It's illegal to cal two TO to freeze the kicker and is seen as unsportmanlike conduct. (happened to Joe Gibbs II btw).

Stats are saying that this doesn't have much effect in reality. Sometimes, it even backwards as the first kick is missed and second one is good. It paid off for the Bengals yesterday, but they got lucky on this.

I'm more concerned about the fact that I'm not sure that those timeouts are really called prior to the snap.

12 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Anyone who thinks the refs have it out for us, Oakland just tied the NFL record of 22 penalties in a game.

... and now set the record with 23

Yes but have you seen how bad the raiders are with this.  They do that to themselves.

you can argue that allot of calls would have counted against us, but if you call that for them then they should do it for us as well...: but missing the two personal fouls is just flat out bull!

Some Other Highlights from The Bengals Game:

1.  At the end of the first half.   The refs moved the first down chains, signaling a first down.  Then decided to move them BACK into position (changing the spot) in order to measure for the first again.  

Not only did they bleed almost 20 seconds of game clock, but they ruled Jordan Reed was short AND didn't go out of bounds.  Complete sabotage and deliberate attempt to keep us out of the endzone before halftime. They also did not show a replay of where Reed actually went down.

2. The holding call on Breeland that negated Will Blackmon's fumble recovery

3. 2nd quarter - Crowder fields a punt at the 21 yard line and returns it 15 yards, flags thrown, broadcast goes to commercial.  

When they return, they say that the penalties were offsetting.  However they start the drive at the Redskins 21, negating Crowder's return.

4. Garcon's terrible OPI call that effectively ends our momentum in overtime

5.  The BS defensive holding penalty called on Ziggy Hood in the 3rd quarter.

Again, my biggest problem was the inconsistency of enforcements.  You couldn't even say "Well the refs were just calling everything today, ticky tack fouls all around".  They were calling fouls on the Redskins for slight and barely there penalties all day, but chose not call the 2 blatantly dangerous hits (Crowder and Desean) against the Bengals.  Completely one sided, deliberate attempt to keep one team in the game and shut down any momentum the Redskins were able to build up.   

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-30%20at%201.31.1

Edited by Reaper Skins
  • Like 6