Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Non-Winter Weather Thread

d0ublestr0ker0ll

1 hour ago, tshile said:

It sounds like just getting equipment and supplies there is going to be an incredible challenge

Much less using them to help people there

Yeah, big game changer when you can't just drive supplies in. Takes a while for ships and they'll come through this ****. 

It's part of island life though. You just do without a lot.

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

It is certainly possible, as well as a practice, on some Caribbean islands.

Which is why I said I hoped it was, on these in particular.

Not Barbuda, Anguilla or a few others. They're pretty flat. Anyone on the smaller islands are basically in built structures and that's it.

• Like 1

I been saying for 4 days to people this storm had all the abilities to become a buzzsaw. Guys that's the buzzsaw. It just laid a warning shot with the Caribbean which it just basically wiped completely away. If you have the ability get out of the Buzzsaw's way. It's gonna level whatever is in front of it. I want to note that the strength at a rate pressure shows it's ability to even grow bigger if the conditions present itself. We may see a storm like one we'll never see again.  

Thanks guys. We dodged such a major bullet. 

1 hour ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I been saying for 4 days to people this storm had all the abilities to become a buzzsaw. Guys that's the buzzsaw. It just laid a warning shot with the Caribbean which it just basically wiped completely away. If you have the ability get out of the Buzzsaw's way. It's gonna level whatever is in front of it. I want to note that the strength at a rate pressure shows it's ability to even grow bigger if the conditions present itself. We may see a storm like one we'll never see again.  

I posted when I first saw it, the same thing. Everything just lined up for disaster. Most people didn't believe me, until a few days before. Just kept saying it'll go north.

This is the most powerful hurricane in the alantics history and it's terrifying. My island completely dodged a nuclear bomb, not a bullet.

• Like 2

On 9/5/2017 at 4:01 PM, tshile said:

Jorge I believe? just forming.

Many of those islands are going to get clobbered... Not sure when the last time they got rolled like that, but this looks bad...

Go away Jorge. I don't want you.

Looks like Irma is now tracking to hit Miami, go up the coast and hit Savannah, GA.  Hopefully, the house won't sustain too much damage. It's supposed to swing by Melbourne on Sunday night/Monday.  My sister will get to have all the fun. Hope to return by next Wed/Thur. 

Edited by Rdskns2000

95% of Saint Martin has been destroyed, hospital took a toll, prefecture and fire station are gone, one landing airway has been cleared.

Irma is a cateory 5 (highest) on the Saffir-Simpson scale, scientists saying it should be a category 6 with +300km/hour winds

2017-09-06t164241z_809140125_rc1767fcf79

Edited by FrFan