Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Non-Winter Weather Thread

d0ublestr0ker0ll

2 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Cuba looks like it is going to get devastated this weekend.

And what's the other storm brewing east southeast of Irma?  That one looks pretty ominous in and of itself.

Sadly, Cuba taking a direct hit is optimal for Florida and the US.  Those mountains will take a huge chunk out of the storm and it'll be little more than weak Cat 2 when it makes the turn for the Keys.

36 minutes ago, tshile said:

the windy site is pretty badass...

https://www.windy.com/?18.885,-61.919,6

That's some gnarly looking weather off the coast of southern Chile.  Also looks like South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands gets some Hellish weather too.  According to Wikipedia, 30 people live on those: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Georgia_and_the_South_Sandwich_Islands

27 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Cuba looks like it is going to get devastated this weekend.

And what's the other storm brewing east southeast of Irma?  That one looks pretty ominous in and of itself.

Jorge I believe? just forming.

Many of those islands are going to get clobbered... Not sure when the last time they got rolled like that, but this looks bad...

2 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

update: my wife and daughter are leaving tonight for Tennessee.... I hope to be able to evacuate by tomorrow or Thursday night.... Monroe and Miami-Dade are in mandatory evacuations.... Broward (where I am) will be next

Stay safe, y'all...

A few torn up golf courses are the least of your worries.  Board up your windows, get your important paperwork, and GO. 

edit, add:  I got some more soups, water, coffee, cat food today, tomorrow is extra flashlight/battery day, will probably purchase stuff all week just in case...we may get the "windy" side way up here, depending on how she rolls.

Prayers and good vibes for KB and our other brethren in her path. 

Edited by skinsmarydu

16 hours ago, airborneskins said:

Hey KB.  Are you staying down South for this storm?  If so be careful.. Im worried for you guys down there and my favorite islands.  

This is gonna suck, but I'm ready.

14 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Great, I am in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.... Trying to get my wife and 10 month old daughter to leave today to head somewhere northwest. I unfortunately cannot leave as I manage country clubs and I need to make sure all of the residents and staff are safe prior to my evacuation... We were supposed to be headed to the Keys for the weekend to celebrate my wifes birthday... that ain't happening!

Run away.

13 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Praying for your safety KB.  I hope the storm passes you by.

Thank you. I don't think we'll get 100% of it, but it's gonna hurt for sure.

5 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:

(leaves the US Soccer thread)

I'm sure nothing can get wor-

Yep. I'm on a 28 foot long island in a one room home with 16 dogs 500 feet up, about to be hit with the strongest hurricane in the Atlantic ever.

If you live in florida, ****ing run for your life. We can't. 

7 hours ago, tshile said:

Jorge I believe? just forming.

Many of those islands are going to get clobbered... Not sure when the last time they got rolled like that, but this looks bad...

Jose is the one that's going to clobber us in another 5 days.

59 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Hang in there, Koolblue, and keep us posted if you can...

Our cell tower are down already. Power will be out at midnight for a while. I'll let you know when we're back, but seriously, it's already crazy. If you live in Florida, get out. This ****er is bad ass.

I honestly love this ****.

• Like 1

KB's moment will arrive later today, def check in ASAP.

National Hurricane Center's latest track puts the storm right up the weiner hole of Florida.  In that scenario, the eye wall would do tremendous damage in all of southern and middle Florida, especially if it doesn't lose much strength over the larger islands coming up.  All of Florida should be on alert.  You neighboring states need to turn your spidey senses on as well.

i'm guessing the best track is a turn to the north that glances the SE coast in some way (mostly florida and georgia?)

the second best is probably a direct hit after the islands... before it can regain strength

the worst i would imagine is through the islands into the gulf where it has a real chance to regain strength before hitting somewhere in the gulf...

don't know much about hurricanes though...